Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
79.17%
Letcher County Central
20.83%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Letcher County Central 10/22
(10-19-2021, 07:33 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: [Image: https://on3static.com/cdn-cgi/image/heig...entral.png]
They make that Cougar logo in Microsoft Paint?
That thing looks like it will gum you to death.
[-] The following 1 user Likes zaga_fan's post:
  • king360
(10-17-2021, 10:59 AM)Old guy Wrote: We will finally see if WYMT is correct. I believe they are not. Eagles 42-14.

What are we seeing if they are correct about?
They said on the air and social media that Letcher Central was the favorite for the district. We shall see.
Johnson Central wins this in a running clock. I feel like the best game we could see in east KY is Johnson Central versus Pikeville. They scrimmaged early in the year, but Central had been at camp all week so they were not 100%.
JC - 56
LCC - 6
They're getting ready to ram the ball in that cougar logo's mouth.
(10-19-2021, 09:49 AM)Old guy Wrote: They said on the air and social media that Letcher Central was the favorite for the district. We shall see.

Most news stations have been infiltrated by brain dead zombies.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Old guy
Golden Eagles will win this with defense and their bulldozing ground game.
48-8
Central plays ball control, keeps Letcher Co. in check.

Central 41
LC. 6
(10-19-2021, 09:49 AM)Old guy Wrote: They said on the air and social media that Letcher Central was the favorite for the district. We shall see.

Can anyone link me this?
I just looked and they've had Johnson Central ranked ahead of Letcher all season, except for one week when Letcher was still undefeated and JC wasn't.
For the record, I used to work for WYMT and I'm curious.
Good luck JC, said many prayers for your team and program, hope it’s and injury free game. JC 56 LC 7
(10-19-2021, 08:53 AM)zaga_fan Wrote: That thing looks like it will gum you to death.

(10-20-2021, 10:09 AM)zaga_fan Wrote:

Can anyone link me this?
I just looked and they've had Johnson Central ranked ahead of Letcher all season, except for one week when Letcher was still undefeated and JC wasn't.
https://twitter.com/JohnLoweWYMT/status/...5232861187
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Running Clock before half Little hiccup first half Perry Central last week. Not the case this week.
(10-20-2021, 10:52 AM)Old guy Wrote:
(10-19-2021, 08:53 AM)zaga_fan Wrote: That thing looks like it will gum you to death.

Can anyone link me this?
To me, Letcher is a lot like Lawrence County in Belfry's district. Definitively 2nd best team in district who is a good team but still has that big bully that can't seem to knock down in their way.
(10-20-2021, 02:58 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(10-20-2021, 10:52 AM)Old guy Wrote:

Can anyone link me this?
To me, Letcher is a lot like Lawrence County in Belfry's district. Definitively 2nd best team in district who is a good team but still has that big bully that can't seem to knock down in their way.
Letcher is one of the top teams in the mountains this year but there is a huge difference in being the 5th or 6th best team than a top 3 team this year. This season the top 3 teams in the mountains are a few notches better than the rest of the teams.I don’t see any team in the mountains being able to play within 4TDs of Corbin, JC and Pikeville this year.
Letcher Central has to play smart football to stay in this game. They aren't going to be able to show up and play their game and win this one. You're going to need some well timed trickery play calls and hope JC turns the ball over a few times. Even then, that may not be enough... JC wins, 35-14.
(10-18-2021, 08:15 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Yeah, that train aint got no brakes lol.

When it does stop it will put in reverse and spin the wheels. lol
  • Bull got out!
Upset alert on this game? Alot of you are selling Letcher short of their wins and tge way they have played this season and on the Johnson Central side they are a good team but have had injuries and in my opinion no where as good as the team I saw play last year.Also game is at Letcher. Perfect formula for big upset. I am picking Letcher 38-36! This will be alot tighter game than most think
(10-21-2021, 01:54 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-18-2021, 08:15 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Yeah, that train aint got no brakes lol.

When it does stop it will put in reverse and spin the wheels. lol
Nothing but squealing to a screeching halt.

(10-21-2021, 09:09 AM)Tennesseewarior Wrote: Upset alert on this game? Alot of you are selling Letcher short of their wins and tge way they have played this season and on the Johnson Central side they are a good team but have had injuries and in my opinion no where as good as the team I saw play last year.Also game is at Letcher. Perfect formula for big upset. I am picking Letcher 38-36! This will be alot tighter game than most think
I’m going to watch this one for sure!
(10-21-2021, 09:09 AM)Tennesseewarior Wrote: Upset alert on this game? Alot of you are selling Letcher short of their wins and tge way they have played this season and on the Johnson Central side they are a good team but have had injuries and in my opinion no where as good as the team I saw play last year.Also game is at Letcher. Perfect formula for big upset. I am picking Letcher 38-36! This will be alot tighter game than most think

Sleepy
Johnson Central has lost one game this season by a score of 22-14 to Rock Creek Christian Academy, which CalPreps has ranked #6 in the state of Maryland. Rock Creek has multiple D1 recruits on its roster, including three players that the University of Maryland recently offered scholarships and one player who has committed to Alabama. Johnson Central played that game without its two leading rushers, who were injured during their previous game. One of those running backs was lost for the season but the other one has returned to the lineup. It is unlikely that Johnson Central will play a more talented team than Rock Creek this season.

Johnson Central may be the most underrated team in 4A. You are right about one thing, if Letcher County Central wins, it will be a big upset.
This game will be similar to when Pikeville played Letcher. If Letcher plays within 20 points I'll be surprised.
Who has letcher beat…better yet who has letcher played other than pikeville that dominated them in all aspects of the game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gold River's post:
  • pjdoug

Letcher County is weak and overrated and got thoroughly spanked by 1A Pikeville.  A perfect formula for Johnson Central  to smoke some hind end . Go to rehab and get on the road to recovery.
(10-21-2021, 10:59 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
Johnson Central has lost one game this season by a score of 22-14 to Rock Creek Christian Academy, which CalPreps has ranked #6 in the state of Maryland. Rock Creek has multiple D1 recruits on its roster, including three players that the University of Maryland recently offered scholarships and one player who has committed to Alabama. Johnson Central played that game without its two leading rushers, who were injured during their previous game. One of those running backs was lost for the season but the other one has returned to the lineup. It is unlikely that Johnson Central will play a more talented team than Rock Creek this season.

Johnson Central may be the most underrated team in 4A. You are right about one thing, if Letcher County Central wins, it will be a big upset.

You're right about that. I haven't picked them but they could easily win another state championship.
  • Hoot Gibson
Just based off schedules and results and without having seen either team, I would be surprised if this wasn't a running clock.
(10-21-2021, 02:23 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 10:59 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

You're right about that. I haven't picked them but they could easily win another state championship.
I would rank them at #3 but nothing would surprise me in the playoffs. The loss of Mason Lawson for the season, on top of Jim Matney's death, are two huge obstacles between the Golden Eagles and a state championship but so far the staff and players have responded to the challenges as well as could be expected. Johnson Central is a dark horse with a big potential upside.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • pjdoug