Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 56 Betsy Layne 14
Final

Tigers had their way tonight with BL.
It was ALL Tigers from the kick off. Long night for the Bobcats. Paintsville’s line had their way on both sides of the ball. Next weeks game vs Raceland will be a tough matchup as usual.
Hate Raceland and Paintsville will have to play each other 2nd round. One of them will be out of the playoffs after round 2 while a weaker team will still be playing just cause they are in a weaker district.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • #55PirateFan
(10-15-2021, 11:39 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Hate Raceland and Paintsville will have to play each other 2nd round. One of them will be out of the playoffs after round 2 while a weaker team will still be playing just cause they are in a weaker district.
That's why I hate this playoff system.

Congrats Tigers
[-] The following 1 user Likes #55PirateFan's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Congratulations to Paintsville
(10-16-2021, 12:05 AM)#55PirateFan Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 11:39 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Hate Raceland and Paintsville will have to play each other 2nd round. One of them will be out of the playoffs after round 2 while a weaker team will still be playing just cause they are in a weaker district.
That's why I hate this playoff system.

Congrats Tigers
I think it should go to rpi round 2 instead of round 3. Do cross district one year then next year do intra-district for round 1. That way you get to see different matchups in the playoffs. Raceland and Paintsville are both top 5 1a teams but one will be forced out in 4 weeks.
Congratulations Paintsville !!!
Way to go Tigers!
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
It is a little crazy that Raceland or Paintsville is out of the playoffs in week 2. LCA and Somerset has the same issue in 2A. One thing that could really help in the RPI is to weight top 20 teams. A team should get credit for playing tougher competition. There are plenty of 5A and 6A cupcakes.