Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
McCreary County
0%
Rockcastle County
100.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCreary Central @ Rockcastle County 10/15
Class 3A McCreary Central (2-6) will travel to Class 3A Rockcastle County (4-3)

McCreary Central wins: Clinton County 36-22, Pineville 33-26
                       losses: Fleming County 48-13, Hart County 42-18, Wayne County 34-6, Bell County 44-18, Garrard County 54-15, Estill County 43-14

Rockcastle County wins: East Jessamine 22-21, LaRue County 22-20, South Laurel 52-7, Estill County 24-14
                         losses: Taylor County 34-28, Covid 1-0, Bell county 24-0

Thoughts?
Rockcastle 34
McCreary Central 21
I intend to be there and I'm hoping for a Rockcastle win. I even took a vacation day for this one to see someone recognized during the game. Good luck to the Rock boys and I hope everyone on both teams stay healthy!
[-] The following 1 user Likes papagrit's post:
  • pjdoug
Rockcastle County 35-7
(10-14-2021, 07:24 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Rockcastle County 35-7

That sounds about right to me. I could easily see a 28-0 or 21-0 type score too. Rock defense doing fairly well but their offense has struggled at times. Get up 21-0 I could see their offense taking some series off and never pulling completely away.
(10-14-2021, 12:06 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote:

That sounds about right to me. I could easily see a 28-0 or 21-0 type score too. Rock defense doing fairly well but their offense has struggled at times. Get up 21-0 I could see their offense taking some series off and never pulling completely away.

Yeah, and McCreary County could score 2-3 times. They have improved a little.
(10-14-2021, 01:57 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 12:06 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote:

Yeah, and McCreary County could score 2-3 times. They have improved a little.

Agree with that too, would've liked to have seen them play Whitley and South Laurel this year would've been two good games for them. Whitley would've beat em but I think they would've gotten South pretty good.
I've always had respect for McCreary and any team the boys played. I wouldn't count this one as win before the game was played on any day. I'm sure the Rockcastle coaches won't allow those kids to do so either. Like I said earlier on this post, I hope that both teams get out of this game healthy and I'm wishing the Rock boys extra good luck!
A shout out to my McCreary buddy "House of Pain".
(10-14-2021, 04:18 PM)papagrit Wrote: I've always had respect for McCreary and any team the boys played.  I wouldn't count this one as win before the game was played on any day.  I'm sure the Rockcastle coaches won't allow those kids to do so either.  Like I said earlier on this post, I hope that both teams get out of this game healthy and I'm wishing the Rock boys extra good luck!
A shout out to my McCreary buddy "House of Pain".
McCreary County is the only county in the state without an incorporated city. Hopefully the completion of the new Highway 92 between Williamsburg and Pine Knot will help the whole area grow. I'm always cheering for The Raiders, even if I talk trash to them sometimes. lol. I have a lot of kinfolk there since it used to be part of Whitley County.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • papagrit
Rockcastle is up 15-0 end of first quarter.
This game was over by halftime. Rock led 36-0 with running clock final was 56-12. Rock defense never let up all night forced several turnovers and never looked back nice dominating win for Rock. One more district game left next week against a game Garrard county.
Congratulations Rockcastle!!!
Way to go Rockets!
We left at halftime because my wife was starting. Tough team in Garrard County next week to play. Congrats to the Rock kids!
[-] The following 1 user Likes papagrit's post:
  • pjdoug