Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Prestonsburg
42.86%
Bath County
57.14%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Prestonsburg @ Bath County 10/15
Class 2A Prestonsburg (4-4) will travel to Class 2A Bath County (4-4)

Prestonsburg wins: Phelps 12-8, Powell County 34-6, Floyd Central 26-24, East Ridge 48-22
                 losses: Covid 0-1, Magoffin County 34-6, Shelby Valley 58-36, West Carter 41-20

Bath County wins: Fairview 27-0, Covid 1-0, Lewis County 54-30, East Ridge 40-32
Bath County losses: Knott County Central 38-33, Wester Hills 35-7, Covid 0-1, West Carter 49-15

Thoughts?
Prestonsburg should win this one pretty easily
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I’d feel more confident if this was a home game, but PBurg by 2 scores.
I don't think Bath will be able to contain the Pburg offense, which should be the difference in this one. Pburg has been playing really well on special teams in the last 4 weeks too. Our defense, however, is very suspect. I look for this one to be a relatively high scoring game with Pburg coming out on top.

Pburg 42
Bath 28
Prestonsburg 28
Bath County 21
Bath county with the win
Bath 38
P-Burg 28
This is a absolute MUST win game for both programs. Simple as that. Whoever wins is looking at a 3rd or 4th seed in the playoffs, but most likely a 4th seed and the losing teams season is likely done after October 22.

Hopefully coach Brandon Brewer has them ready to run through a brick wall Friday night, because a lot is on the line in this game. Special teams needs to clean things up, linebacker play has to step up, and the offense cannot afford to come out flat or shoot themselves in the foot. The Blackcats need to play smart and physical football.

I'd feel a whole lot better about this one if it were at Josh Francis Field, but since it's at Bath County, this one is going to be a nail biter.

Should be a great game.... I'll take Prestonsburg, 26-24.
(10-11-2021, 08:17 AM)Red and Black Wrote: I don't think Bath will be able to contain the Pburg offense, which should be the difference in this one. Pburg has been playing really well on special teams in the last 4 weeks too. Our defense, however, is very suspect. I look for this one to be a relatively high scoring game with Pburg coming out on top.

Pburg 42
Bath 28
Special teams was not good against West Carter
Coach Brewer should have the Blackcats ready to play in this one. I have no doubt of that I expect Pburg to come away with a win in this one the offense is very good and the defense has moments where it plays great as well.
Pburg 34
Bath 14
(10-12-2021, 12:17 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 08:17 AM)Red and Black Wrote: I don't think Bath will be able to contain the Pburg offense, which should be the difference in this one. Pburg has been playing really well on special teams in the last 4 weeks too. Our defense, however, is very suspect. I look for this one to be a relatively high scoring game with Pburg coming out on top.

Pburg 42
Bath 28
Special teams was not good against West Carter

I might have been a little high on funnel cake and mini donuts when I was watching the game live, but going back and rewatching it this morning I think you're correct that they didn't play really well, but I also don't think they played poorly. I think Pburg has blocked a punt in each of the last 3 or 4 games, which is huge in a close game. I also don't remember us having a punt blocked or giving up a TD on special teams, but I would gladly be corrected on that. We gave up 2 or 3 big returns against WC and had 1 or 2 bad punts, which hurts, but also had a few nice punts against them. I'll modify my opinion to special teams playing okay instead of really well.
Bath Co leads Pburg, 7-6 halftime
Loser of this game is out of the playoffs right? Winner is 4 seed?
(10-15-2021, 09:58 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Loser of this game is out of the playoffs right? Winner is 4 seed?
Not for sure out, but most likely...

Blackcats trail 21-6 in the 3rd quarter
Blackcats strike back.... 21-12 now with 6 mins left in the 3rd quarter...

Freshman Alex Harris hits Dalton Elliott for the touchdown
Alex Harris comes in and throws a touchdown just to get ejected the very next possession while on defense. Bath County also had a player get ejected.

Blackcats cannot catch a break.

BC still leads, 21-12 3rd qt
That means Harris will be suspended for the Martin County game as well.

Huge blow.
3:31 remaining...

Bath County leads 21-20...

Blackcats to kickoff
3rd down for Bath County... official timeout stops the clock with 2:27 remaining...
Bath County picks up the first down...

Pburg's HC Brandon Brewer is not happy with the officials...