Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Betsy Lane
31.82%
Raceland
68.18%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Betsy Layne @ Raceland 10/08
Class 1A #12 Betsy Layne (6-0) will travel Friday to Class 1A #3 Raceland (5-1)

Betsy Lane wins: Martin County 26-25, Morgan County 56-20, East Ridge 50-16, Jenkins 55-6, Covid 1-0, Phelps 32-12

Raceland wins: Ashland Blazer 16-7, Rowan County 50-26, West Carter 21-0, Greenup County 32-0, Lincoln County (WV) 38-6
            losses: Russell 28-18

Thoughts?
Big test for the Bobcats. This is where you you see if you belong or not
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Betsy Layne 6-0 run come to a stand still.

Raceland 42+
Betsy Layne 14
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Betsy Layne looks like they have some good players but I think they will struggle in the trenches and with their depth against Raceland. They may be able to play the Rams close for the first half but I think they will get wore down in the end.

Raceland 35
Betsy Layne 13
Raceland 42
Betsy Layne 14
I REALLY want Betsy Layne to win this game, but i fear they are puching above their weight class on this one.  The Bobcats have a great QB and some speed at WR but defense and O-line need some work. I do think Betsy Layne versus Paintsville could be a great game.
Raceland wins but Betsy Layne has improved but we will see how much
(10-03-2021, 04:37 PM)Hambley Wrote: I REALLY want Betsy Layne to win this game, but i fear they are puching above their weight class on this one.  The Bobcats have a great QB and some speed at WR but defense and O-line need some work. I do think Betsy Layne versus Paintsville could be a great game.
Betsy Layne looks like they are building something and could be really good in a few years but I don’t think they have the horses to compete with Raceland just yet.  Has Paintsville really dropped off that much? No disrespect intended to Betsy Layne but how did Paintsville go from out of their league to a competitive game in such a short amount of time?
(10-03-2021, 05:16 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(10-03-2021, 04:37 PM)Hambley Wrote: I REALLY want Betsy Layne to win this game, but i fear they are puching above their weight class on this one.  The Bobcats have a great QB and some speed at WR but defense and O-line need some work. I do think Betsy Layne versus Paintsville could be a great game.
Betsy Layne looks like they are building something and could be really good in a few years but I don’t think they have the horses to compete with Raceland just yet.  Has Paintsville really dropped off that much? No disrespect intended to Betsy Layne but how did Paintsville go from out of their league to a competitive game in such a short amount of time?
This is where Betsy Layne sees the top tier of 1A. They’ve built a solid football team and will have a solid season but I don’t see them competing closely with Raceland. 

Rams 35
Bobcats 7
(10-03-2021, 05:40 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
(10-03-2021, 05:16 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
This is where Betsy Layne sees the top tier of 1A. They’ve built a solid football team and will have a solid season but I don’t see them competing closely with Raceland. 

Rams 35
Bobcats 7
Everyone gets better when more programs start being competitive.  Betsy Layne was a class act a few years back when they came to our place and their players let one of our special needs players score a touchdown.  That gave me a lot of respect for their program.  I am happy for their program and hope that they continue building in the long run.
[-] The following 2 users Like Orange Blaze's post:
  • Blue_Bird96, Patriot1
This game will be over quick . Betsy layne hasn't beat nobody.

Raceland-54
Betsy layne-12
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warriorhawk17's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Race land wins this one 49-14
Raceland absolutely cannot overlook Betsy Layne. The Bobcats have two very good football players in Chase Mimms and Brady Robinson. They may be the best QB/WR duo in the mountains right now.

This is the biggest test by far for BL. I think that Raceland wins, but I believe BL gives them all they want for most of the game.

Rams win, 35-24.
[-] The following 2 users Like BlackcatAlum's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, Ekybballer
I hope BL can pull a rabbit out of a hat in this one, but I am doubtful. Raceland is one of the best teams in 1A and one of the strongest programs in the state right now. I think BL will score some points but this game will likely be over by halftime.

Raceland 42
BL 21
RAMS by 3+ scores.
(10-04-2021, 07:53 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Raceland absolutely cannot overlook Betsy Layne. The Bobcats have two very good football players in Chase Mimms and Brady Robinson. They may be the best QB/WR duo in the mountains right now.

This is the biggest test by far for BL. I think that Raceland wins, but I believe BL gives them all they want for most of the game.

Rams win, 35-24.
You may be right, we will soon see. But pjoug and I would be the best QB/WR duo in the mountains vs. BL's schedule thus far.

BL may put a couple on the board. I will go with Raceland 46, BL 14.
As Blaze mentioned. I have huge respect for BLs program and staff. Frim what I was told the coaches on the field knew nothing of a special needs player being on the field for us a few seasons ago. Supposedly the MLB, a senior captain, figured out what was happening and it was him that made the next play, which was a 60 yard TD run, by a special needs player, happen. Since then i have hoped and prayed that BL would become a great program. Crap rolls downhill, but so do good deeds. A player like that, in a game that he knows is out of reach of a chance to win, could easily get caught up in cheap shots, instigations, anything to cause some sort of harm to the opposing team. But the kid (still dont know his name), that went above and beyond the game of football in that moment, is a testimate to the program he is apart of and his parents. I wish BL the best!

That being said, I think BL has alot of potential and has a great QB and solid WRs. I dont think they have the depth or team speed to compete at a high level yet though. I hope we get a good game, bc we have been rolling against some subpar teams the last few weeks. But i think Raceland is starting to find themselves a bit. Its another slow bleed this week.

Rams 40
BL 13
Pulling for Betsy Layne in this one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes IntheZone's post:
  • Westside
Rams by eleventy billion
Raceland is going to ruin Betsy Layne.
I can’t believe there’s 20+ posts on this thread. I’ll gladly eat crow if Raceland doesn’t beat BL by 3 scores or more.
Shutout!
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Game Day!
Gameday is right Bull! Let’s go bobcats!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Raceland Running Clock
Betsy Layne 28-21
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Westside
(10-06-2021, 10:10 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: I can’t believe there’s 20+ posts on this thread. I’ll gladly eat crow if Raceland doesn’t beat BL by 3 scores or more.

Bon Appétit!
(10-06-2021, 10:10 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: I can’t believe there’s 20+ posts on this thread. I’ll gladly eat crow if Raceland doesn’t beat BL by 3 scores or more.

Bon Appétit!
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Westside

Bon Appétit.
Rams should just call this one off. People picking the bobcats to win. Rams should just chalk this one up and hope we can pull one out against the eagles next week.