Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
West Carter
71.43%
Prestonsburg
28.57%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
West Carter @ Prestonsburg 10/08
Class 2A West Carter (4-2) will travel to Class 2A Prestonsburg (4-3)

West Carter wins: Fleming County 6-0, East Carter 22-16, Shelby Valley 26-20, Bath County 49-15
               losses: Rowan County 23-21, Raceland 21-0

Prestonsburg wins: Phelps 12-8, Powell County 34-6, Floyd Central 26-24, East Ridge 48-22
                 losses: Covid 0-1, Magoffin County 34-6, Shelby Valley 58-36

Thoughts?
West Carter 42
Prestonsburg 13
West Carter 35
Prestonsburg 14
I think this one should be a interesting one, PBURG has a shot at it, they had a shot at Shelby Valley in the 4th and ended up making mistakes like losing a onside kick and just going to shambles the last four mins. There is one thing in this one that makes me really wanna say PBURG and that's the game being being at home. We all know that PBURG can be one heck of a tough place to play. I think if they come out like they did against East Ridge they can't be counted out. but if they come out and get rattled like they did at Valley, then it could be a long one. Ill go blackcats at home.
Pburg 24
West Carter 21
P Burg facing a solid program.

West Carter 41
P Burg 10
Prestonsburg doesn't have a shot

West carter-42
Prestonsburg-12

Think prestonsburg is 1 year away
I don’t think West Carter has near the offensive capabilities that Shelby Valley has, but they’re solid on defense and their offense compliments them well.

It’s going to take Pburg playing at their best to win this game.

My heart says, Pburg wins… 26-21… head says WC wins, 35-18.
If Pburg had looked better on defense against valley then I would say Pburg has a shot at this one. If Pburg doesn't address their defensive scheme then they will struggle the rest of the year. It got fully exposed against valley and magoffin, yet we keep on running it. Hopefully they'll make adjustments to it this week. I'm interested to see what the WC defense runs against the Pburg offense. WC is always well coached and has a strong program so I think if they can find a way to shut it down then Martin county will likely just copy and paste their defense.

WC 28
Pburg 21
Any thoughts on the game today fellas?
Looks like they are keying on the motion

Touchdown Pburg score 6 to 6 currently

I would say looking back they are keying the motion to jarvis Akers was untouched on his score it looked like.
Pburg with a blocked punt and ending up on the five or so with a score on a sweep score 20 to 26

Pburg 20
WC 26
Blocked punt by 54 Gavin Stephens, Jarvis scores. 20-26 West Carter lead.

Should’ve scored on the sneak before half.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatPride32's post:
  • waughdaddy59
(10-08-2021, 10:18 PM)waughdaddy59 Wrote: Pburg with a blocked punt and ending up on the five or so with a score on a sweep score 20 to 26

Pburg 20
WC 26

Is anybody streaming this game, waughdaddy? We just got back home from the festival
(10-08-2021, 10:21 PM)Red and Black Wrote:
(10-08-2021, 10:18 PM)waughdaddy59 Wrote: Pburg with a blocked punt and ending up on the five or so with a score on a sweep score 20 to 26

Pburg 20
WC 26

Is anybody streaming this game, waughdaddy? We just got back home from the festival
Yes Mantis Sports or something like that, they are following west carter, they are streaming on facebook and youtube

yes they should have scored before the half, it was really odd how they played out that last bit they signaled fourth down for pburg then gave west carter the ball after a min of discussion or something