Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gillispie Drops Blue-White Scrimmage
The change new Coach Billy Gillispie brings to Kentucky basketball will begin in the pre-season. For the first time in memory, there will not be a Blue-White Scrimmage. UK spokesman Scott Stricklin said the Oct. 31 date for the first exhibition game contributed to the decision to use all available time for practice. Joe B. Hall, whose UK coaching career began as an assistant in 1965 and ended after 13 seasons as Adolph Rupp's successor in 1985, could not remember the last time the program did not hold a public scrimmage in the pre-season.

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/192054.html
I'm kinda surprised by this, but the team does have alot of injuries (Jasper, Crawford, and Carter).
blackcat_student Wrote:I'm kinda surprised by this, but the team does have alot of injuries (Jasper, Crawford, and Carter).

I really don't think "current" injuries are behind the decision. I think it's just BG's preference to not have it and possibly create an unnecessary injury to someone during the scrimmage.
UK needs to mix things up, I think BG knows what he's doing.
blackcat Wrote:UK needs to mix things up, I think BG knows what he's doing.

I sure hope so. GBB!
this isn't big blue madness is it?
sumj45 Wrote:this isn't big blue madness is it?

No, the blue white scrimmage was usually played a week or two after midnight madness.
I have always remembered the Blue and White scrimmage, going to be different this year without it thats for sure.