Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took secret action to protect nuclear weapons
(09-15-2021, 04:11 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 03:00 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 02:20 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: So a guy attempting diplomacy to avert world war is treason but a guy who led an actual army of soldiers on The United States is not treason?
Read the U.S. Constitution. Then try to place yourself in the shoes of a loyal U.S. General and prominent resident of Virginia whose country has declared war on his native state. You may say that you would have forfeited all of your property and kissed your family goodbye to go to war against your family, neighbors, and friends under those circumstances but I seriously doubt that would have been your decision.

I certainly think that a strong argument can be made that Lee was a traitor but anybody who believes that Lee was a villain for making the decision that he did is not being honest with themselves. He had a very tough decision and elected to resign from his commission and defend his family, neighbors, and state. Lee also lived during a time when people were alive who lived in Virginia before the United States existed. Most citizens in this country did not believe in an all powerful federal government that trumped the rights of states.

Compare Lee's public stand to stand with Virginia in the Civil War compared to Milley's cowardly decision to commit treason in the shadows. Milley did not act honorably. Lee did. Maybe both of them committed treason. It is clear that the Peoples Republic of China is our enemy. It is less clear that the people of Virginia were the enemy of the United States. Lee and most of those who fought on both sides of the Civil War were American citizens.

(I am omitting the word "allegedly" from the allegations against Milley for the sake of brevity going forward. I am not rushing to judgment and he deserves his day in court.)

Save your confederate sympathies aside for the reenactment. 

So again...you believe allegedly preventing WW3 and the launch of nuclear weapons is more treasonous than leading an army of possibly traitorous seceded states against the United States resulting in the loss of 750,000 American lives?  

In support of Trump, you feel we should have had a nuclear war with China?  My gosh.
Milley's actions made nuclear war with China more likely, not less likely. Milley's alleged pledge to China would have delayed any response from the U.S. to a Chinese first strike. How far are you willing to go to defend a traitor?

Regardless of our opinions of Robert E. Lee, Lee is not still in a position of great power in this country. Your attempt to distract from the real issue by tossing in the red herring of Robert E. Lee was very transparent. You have bought into the cancel culture, lock, stock, and barrel. Historical events and figures should always be viewed within the context of the times in which they lived. Milley's alleged actions, if true, make him a traitor and an ongoing threat as long as he remains in a position of power.

Milley should at the very least, be placed on administrative leave, pending an investigation into his actions. There have been Chinese generals who have threatened this country with nuclear war in the past. Milley's backdoor appeasement of China could have emboldened those in China's military and triggered a nuclear war. Under no circumstance should any general be undermining civilian oversight of our military. There are enough banana republics in this hemisphere already.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took secret action to protect nuclear weapons - by Hoot Gibson - 09-15-2021, 04:39 PM