Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took secret action to protect nuclear weapons
(09-15-2021, 12:59 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 12:44 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 12:27 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 12:18 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 11:41 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Woodward's reporting of Milley's OPINION. Trump's "state of mind" as "reported" by ANYONE is only "OPIONION, RESISTANCE and/or PROPAGANDA."
Perfect 10 on those mental gymnastics. 

JP, as always you boys believe it if it supports your boy, but it's fake news if it doesn't. 

Woodward is trolling you fellas.
You are taking partisanship to a new level, Cardfan1. It takes no mental gymnastics to believe Milley held a very low opinion of Trump and committed treason, if he was accurately quoted. You are the one who is performing the mental gymnastics to convince yourself that everybody must agree with Milley's opinion of Trump to believe that Milley may be guilty of treason. Your position is total nonsense. You are failing Logic 101.
I have not said one thing about Milley's opinion of Trump.  I said YOUR evaluation of traitors is flawed.  

Hoot, if you are lining up behind WOODWARD on this then you got to line up behind WOODWARD on his other work and the disaster he portrays as Donald Trump throughout his presidency.  WOODWARD used many other Trump admin sources in his trilogy of Trump trifles.

You are caught in a dilemma.  The tiger by the tail.  You can't validate WOODWARD's reporting on Milley without validating ALL of WOODWARD's reporting on TRUMP.  Big Grin
Woodward is an elderly liberal political hack. There is no dilemma. If Woodward accurately quoted Milley, then he committed treason. I am not validating anything - just stating a fact that is obvious to any honest person. Even if I did believe Woodward without question, your contention that I must believe everything in Woodward's book - a book that I will never read - is completely illogical. You are desperately trying to conjure up a contradiction in logic where none exists, but you are the one who has sprinted down a dead-end fork in the logic road.
Big Grin 
Woodward used the same reporting in Peril that he did in other books.  Sources close to Milley, Trump, Pence, etc...  

So all this is just another file 13 for you and you can go back speculating on Milley's disdain for Trump.  

Personally, I think it is true.  Milley and others broke the chain of command because they were afraid nutso was going to start WW3.

(09-15-2021, 12:42 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 12:34 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 12:20 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 12:03 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 11:30 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Not Milley...you have to believe Woodward.   Big Grin  Big Grin    Fear, Rage, and Peril:  Oh, Hoot, you got some reading to do.  

Hey, you didn't answer.  Do you like insurrection or violent domestic terrorist attacks of white supremacists with a motive of usurping established authority?
Your characterization of the events of 6 January is dishonest and I have repeatedly explained why it is dishonest before. I am not answering the question, which is based on a false premise, again just because you rephrased it into another dishonest assertion.

The lie the resistance was founded on was collusion with Russia. The lie the post resistance effort is founded on is the Jan 6 insurrection. In both cases the fireman was/is the arsonist.
Bob Woodward said there was no collusion in his book Fear because  "People who work with Trump say: You can't even organize your own government, How could you possibly organize a conspiracy with Russia? ... He doesn't even have a to-do list, as best I can tell."  Big Grin  

wait...are you still saying that liberals were those that invaded the Capitol?  Big Grin Big Grin   
You have to be joking!!

IMHO Woodward is a has been looking to reclaim his own stumbled upon lime light. YOU GUYS are the ones who screamed Russia Collusion throughout all of this. I read your and vector's idiotic posts on the matter. Don't try and cast your own lies onto Woodward.

I said and I maintain, you can't have an attempted coup of the world's premier super power without so much as a box cutter by way of weaponry. What were they supposedly going to use? Harsh language?
I just wanted to get you aligned with Woodward since you now love him.  You guys agree: No collusion.  Of course, his reasoning is DJT was too dumb.  Big Grin
(09-15-2021, 01:55 PM)The Outsider Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 08:57 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 08:48 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 08:12 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 07:23 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Big Grin

Which is it boys? Fake news or treason?

Slippery slope. If you give credence to this Woodward take then you need to go back at the others.  He has a pretty solid record of Trump’s unhinged demeanor.

This is what you call a conundrum. Big Grin

FWIW, Trump is wailing treason.
What do you find funny about allegations of treason against the current Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff? There is no conundrum here. The allegations should be investigated and, if true, then this would be the worst case of treason in U.S. history since our constitution was signed. I don't think anybody else is laughing about the allegations. If Woodward made up the allegations, then he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
I'm laughing at the fact you now have to believe Bob Woodward.  If you believe this then you have to believe his other stuff which would make Milley a national hero instead of a traitor.  

Also, HG, you lost cred on traitor talk since you are a January 6th apologist.  Destroying Democracy > preventing WW3
There is no scenario in which a traitor is a national hero. Nobody who claims that the incident on 6 January was an insurrection has any credibility. Nobody who laughs at a serious allegation of treason has any credibility.

How do you feel about Trump's hero, Robert E. Lee, he may be the worst traitor the country has ever had.
Did Trump actually call Robert E. Lee a hero? If so, then that was a stupid thing to have said. Robert E. Lee was an important figure in American history and I disagree with your characterization of Lee as a traitor.

It was not at all clear at the time he joined the Confederacy that states that voluntarily joined to form a new country had no right to secede. The Civil War was the result of a failure by the federal government to resolve the differences between the states peacefully. Slavery was doomed as an institution because of technological advances and the death of more than a half-million Americans was not solely the fault of the southern states. Lee was faced with the difficult choice between defending his state, family, and property against a government for which he had served honorably or abandoning his state and walking away from everybody he knew and loved. Robert E. Lee was no hero but I do not that he was a traitor if one judges him within the context of the time in which he lived.

General Milley, if the allegations are true, is a traitor. There were no extenuating circumstances to justify his alleged actions. He took his actions in the shadows, in a very cowardly manner if the allegations against him are true. At least Lee explained his actions and followed his conscience.
So a guy attempting diplomacy to avert world war is treason but a guy who led an actual army of soldiers on The United States is not treason?
(09-15-2021, 02:20 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: So a guy attempting diplomacy to avert world war is treason but a guy who led an actual army of soldiers on The United States is not treason?
Every word of this is flat-out false and everyone knows it. Pitiful.
(09-15-2021, 02:20 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: So a guy attempting diplomacy to avert world war is treason but a guy who led an actual army of soldiers on The United States is not treason?
Read the U.S. Constitution. Then try to place yourself in the shoes of a loyal U.S. General and prominent resident of Virginia whose country has declared war on his native state. You may say that you would have forfeited all of your property and kissed your family goodbye to go to war against your family, neighbors, and friends under those circumstances but I seriously doubt that would have been your decision.

I certainly think that a strong argument can be made that Lee was a traitor but anybody who believes that Lee was a villain for making the decision that he did is not being honest with themselves. He had a very tough decision and elected to resign from his commission and defend his family, neighbors, and state. Lee also lived during a time when people were alive who lived in Virginia before the United States existed. Most citizens in this country did not believe in an all powerful federal government that trumped the rights of states.

Compare Lee's public stand to stand with Virginia in the Civil War compared to Milley's cowardly decision to commit treason in the shadows. Milley did not act honorably. Lee did. Maybe both of them committed treason. It is clear that the Peoples Republic of China is our enemy. It is less clear that the people of Virginia were the enemy of the United States. Lee and most of those who fought on both sides of the Civil War were American citizens.

(I am omitting the word "allegedly" from the allegations against Milley for the sake of brevity going forward. I am not rushing to judgment and he deserves his day in court.)
(09-15-2021, 02:55 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
Every word of this is flat-out false and everyone knows it. Pitiful.
Robert E. Lee didn't lead an army against the United States?   Woah  Uhhh...

Hypothetically, if you believe Woodward,  Milley was trying to ease tensions with China.
(09-15-2021, 12:18 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 11:41 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Woodward's reporting of Milley's OPINION. Trump's "state of mind" as "reported" by ANYONE is only "OPIONION, RESISTANCE and/or PROPAGANDA."
Perfect 10 on those mental gymnastics. 

JP, as always you boys believe it if it supports your boy, but it's fake news if it doesn't. 

You are taking partisanship to a new level, Cardfan1. It takes no mental gymnastics to believe Milley held a very low opinion of Trump and committed treason, if he was accurately quoted. You are the one who is performing the mental gymnastics to convince yourself that everybody must agree with Milley's opinion of Trump to believe that Milley may be guilty of treason. Your position is total nonsense. You are failing Logic 101.
I have not said one thing about Milley's opinion of Trump.  I said YOUR evaluation of traitors is flawed.  

Hoot, if you are lining up behind WOODWARD on this then you got to line up behind WOODWARD on his other work and the disaster he portrays as Donald Trump throughout his presidency.  WOODWARD used many other Trump admin sources in his trilogy of Trump trifles.

You are caught in a dilemma.  The tiger by the tail.  You can't validate WOODWARD's reporting on Milley without validating ALL of WOODWARD's reporting on TRUMP.  Big Grin
Woodward is an elderly liberal political hack. There is no dilemma. If Woodward accurately quoted Milley, then he committed treason. I am not validating anything - just stating a fact that is obvious to any honest person. Even if I did believe Woodward without question, your contention that I must believe everything in Woodward's book - a book that I will never read - is completely illogical. You are desperately trying to conjure up a contradiction in logic where none exists, but you are the one who has sprinted down a dead-end fork in the logic road.

We call that blowing smoke in our neck of the woods Hoot.

General Milley's office sent out a statement about the whole affair this morning I believe. To paraphrase just a bit, they say military officials in the General's position routinely speak with their foreign counterparts and his going to China behind DJT's back is no big deal. I feel so much better now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(09-15-2021, 01:55 PM)The Outsider Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 08:57 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 08:48 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 08:12 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 07:23 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Big Grin

Which is it boys? Fake news or treason?

Slippery slope. If you give credence to this Woodward take then you need to go back at the others.  He has a pretty solid record of Trump’s unhinged demeanor.

This is what you call a conundrum. Big Grin

FWIW, Trump is wailing treason.
What do you find funny about allegations of treason against the current Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff? There is no conundrum here. The allegations should be investigated and, if true, then this would be the worst case of treason in U.S. history since our constitution was signed. I don't think anybody else is laughing about the allegations. If Woodward made up the allegations, then he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
I'm laughing at the fact you now have to believe Bob Woodward.  If you believe this then you have to believe his other stuff which would make Milley a national hero instead of a traitor.  

Also, HG, you lost cred on traitor talk since you are a January 6th apologist.  Destroying Democracy > preventing WW3
There is no scenario in which a traitor is a national hero. Nobody who claims that the incident on 6 January was an insurrection has any credibility. Nobody who laughs at a serious allegation of treason has any credibility.

How do you feel about Trump's hero, Robert E. Lee, he may be the worst traitor the country has ever had.

(09-15-2021, 12:00 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 11:10 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^The fake news is the headline:

Woodward's new book releasing some damning views of Trump's mental state.

In reality it doesn't reveal anything about Trump but everything about Milley..

As Hoot has indicated, Milley's sworn responsibility before God and country is to his Commander-In-Chief. So here we have the Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff setting the example of usurping one of the premier bedrock principles on which the US military was founded, chain of command.

If anybody went rogue it was General Milley, not DJT. But if this is truly the state of affairs within the military this is past serious.

Milley may be huge trouble, although he was doing what he thought he had to do to protect our Country.  It's a shame that we elected someone who is possibly that dangerous though.
All the bolded is just liberal propaganda you are parroting from too much liberal propaganda media. No truth in it whatsoever.
(09-15-2021, 03:49 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 12:18 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Perfect 10 on those mental gymnastics. 

General Milley's office sent out a statement about the whole affair this morning I believe. To paraphrase just a bit, they say military officials in the General's position routinely speak with their foreign counterparts and his going to China behind DJT's back is no big deal. I feel so much better now.
Of course you do. That's how easy it is for your "leaders" to brainwash you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Cardfan1
So if Milley says he had problems with Trump's state of mind, is he fine taking orders from this president who poops in his Depends, can't speak a coherent sentence, and whose own handlers closely moderate every word he attempts to say to the point of cutting his mic off? It's crazy how anyone would fall for this, go figure right? lol
(09-15-2021, 03:00 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
Read the U.S. Constitution. Then try to place yourself in the shoes of a loyal U.S. General and prominent resident of Virginia whose country has declared war on his native state. You may say that you would have forfeited all of your property and kissed your family goodbye to go to war against your family, neighbors, and friends under those circumstances but I seriously doubt that would have been your decision.

I certainly think that a strong argument can be made that Lee was a traitor but anybody who believes that Lee was a villain for making the decision that he did is not being honest with themselves. He had a very tough decision and elected to resign from his commission and defend his family, neighbors, and state. Lee also lived during a time when people were alive who lived in Virginia before the United States existed. Most citizens in this country did not believe in an all powerful federal government that trumped the rights of states.

Compare Lee's public stand to stand with Virginia in the Civil War compared to Milley's cowardly decision to commit treason in the shadows. Milley did not act honorably. Lee did. Maybe both of them committed treason. It is clear that the Peoples Republic of China is our enemy. It is less clear that the people of Virginia were the enemy of the United States. Lee and most of those who fought on both sides of the Civil War were American citizens.

(I am omitting the word "allegedly" from the allegations against Milley for the sake of brevity going forward. I am not rushing to judgment and he deserves his day in court.)

Save your confederate sympathies aside for the reenactment. 

So again...you believe allegedly preventing WW3 and the launch of nuclear weapons is more treasonous than leading an army of possibly traitorous seceded states against the United States resulting in the loss of 750,000 American lives?  

In support of Trump, you feel we should have had a nuclear war with China?  My gosh.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Anyone believes Milley "prevented WW3" is.....well never mind, we all know...CF is out of material, his lies get more outrageous by the day lol...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
(09-15-2021, 04:11 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 03:00 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Save your confederate sympathies aside for the reenactment. 

So again...you believe allegedly preventing WW3 and the launch of nuclear weapons is more treasonous than leading an army of possibly traitorous seceded states against the United States resulting in the loss of 750,000 American lives?  

In support of Trump, you feel we should have had a nuclear war with China?  My gosh.
Milley's actions made nuclear war with China more likely, not less likely. Milley's alleged pledge to China would have delayed any response from the U.S. to a Chinese first strike. How far are you willing to go to defend a traitor?

Regardless of our opinions of Robert E. Lee, Lee is not still in a position of great power in this country. Your attempt to distract from the real issue by tossing in the red herring of Robert E. Lee was very transparent. You have bought into the cancel culture, lock, stock, and barrel. Historical events and figures should always be viewed within the context of the times in which they lived. Milley's alleged actions, if true, make him a traitor and an ongoing threat as long as he remains in a position of power.

Milley should at the very least, be placed on administrative leave, pending an investigation into his actions. There have been Chinese generals who have threatened this country with nuclear war in the past. Milley's backdoor appeasement of China could have emboldened those in China's military and triggered a nuclear war. Under no circumstance should any general be undermining civilian oversight of our military. There are enough banana republics in this hemisphere already.
(09-15-2021, 04:22 PM)jetpilot Wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Anyone believes Milley "prevented WW3" is.....well never mind, we all know...CF is out of material, his lies get more outrageous by the day lol...
Milley could have triggered WW3 with his actions by convincing China that Trump was likely to initiate a nuclear war with a first strike. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • jetpilot
(09-15-2021, 04:42 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
Milley could have triggered WW3 with his actions by convincing China that Trump was likely to initiate a nuclear war with a first strike. 
Exactly.
I’m not defending Milley. I find it remarkable how far you’re going to defend an actual proven traitor. 

Maybe he could have, but that wasn’t the narrative that Woodward put together. 

Since we’re talking woulda coulda Trump woulda started WW3 if he knew he was losing the election.

might want to lay off the sauce JP.  You’ve already slammed TRT and how his leaders brainwash him and forgot about Lee and the Civil War. Big Grin
(09-15-2021, 03:55 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 12:27 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: You are taking partisanship to a new level, Cardfan1. It takes no mental gymnastics to believe Milley held a very low opinion of Trump and committed treason, if he was accurately quoted. You are the one who is performing the mental gymnastics to convince yourself that everybody must agree with Milley's opinion of Trump to believe that Milley may be guilty of treason. Your position is total nonsense. You are failing Logic 101.

General Milley's office sent out a statement about the whole affair this morning I believe. To paraphrase just a bit, they say military officials in the General's position routinely speak with their foreign counterparts and his going to China behind DJT's back is no big deal. I feel so much better now.

that was sarcasm
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(09-15-2021, 06:49 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 12:44 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: I have not said one thing about Milley's opinion of Trump.  I said YOUR evaluation of traitors is flawed.  

that was sarcasm
He forgot about the civil war.
You sure?
(09-15-2021, 12:44 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: I have not said one thing about Milley's opinion of Trump.  I said YOUR evaluation of traitors is flawed.  

that was sarcasm
I thought I was replaying to CF. My bad TRT.
(09-15-2021, 06:43 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
I’m not defending Milley. I find it remarkable how far you’re going to defend an actual proven traitor. 

Since we’re talking woulda coulda Trump woulda started WW3 if he knew he was losing the election.

The Civil War is over. Let it go. Yes, you have already defended Milley by your attempted distraction from the real issue and your attacks on the messengers. The rest of us recognize your M.O. and it is too late to join the conservatives in condemning Milley's betrayal. Milley's actions are not defensible and the laughing smilies in the defense of a traitor seem out of place. 

Let's see how long it will take for somebody to tell Biden that it is time to replace Milley. My guess is that the pressure to relieve Milley of his current assignment will come from within the military. I don't think that China Joe Biden will take a chance on firing Milley and upsetting China. I'm also looking forward to seeing how Democrats blame Trump for Milley's treason. They are pretty creative when it comes to blaming victims.
Quote:Milley Confirms Woodward Book Reports on Undermining President Trump with Calls to China and Meeting on Nuclear Launch Orders

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley released a statement through a spokesman that confirmed the reporting in the new book Peril by Bob Woodward and Robert Costa that stated Milley had two conversations with his counterpart in the Chinese military that undermined President Trump and also a meeting Milley had with military leaders to insert himself into the nuclear launch command to subvert Trump’s authority as commander-in-chief after the January 6 riot at the Capitol.

Milley’s statement confirms the phone calls to China, but does not provide the substance. His comments on the nuclear launch command meeting confirms most of the book but does not deny any of the reporting. Milley asserts everything he did was legal, by the books and was “within his authority in the lawful tradition of civilian control of the military and his oath to the Constitution.”
(09-15-2021, 07:34 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

The Civil War is over. Let it go. Yes, you have already defended Milley by your attempted distraction from the real issue and your attacks on the messengers. The rest of us recognize your M.O. and it is too late to join the conservatives in condemning Milley's betrayal. Milley's actions are not defensible and the laughing smilies in the defense of a traitor seem out of place. 

Let's see how long it will take for somebody to tell Biden that it is time to replace Milley. My guess is that the pressure to relieve Milley of his current assignment will come from within the military. I don't think that China Joe Biden will take a chance on firing Milley and upsetting China. I'm also looking forward to seeing how Democrats blame Trump for Milley's treason. They are pretty creative when it comes to blaming victims.
Quote:Milley Confirms Woodward Book Reports on Undermining President Trump with Calls to China and Meeting on Nuclear Launch Orders

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley released a statement through a spokesman that confirmed the reporting in the new book Peril by Bob Woodward and Robert Costa that stated Milley had two conversations with his counterpart in the Chinese military that undermined President Trump and also a meeting Milley had with military leaders to insert himself into the nuclear launch command to subvert Trump’s authority as commander-in-chief after the January 6 riot at the Capitol.

Milley’s statement confirms the phone calls to China, but does not provide the substance. His comments on the nuclear launch command meeting confirms most of the book but does not deny any of the reporting. Milley asserts everything he did was legal, by the books and was “within his authority in the lawful tradition of civilian control of the military and his oath to the Constitution.”
Yes it is but those who celebrate traitors don’t get to call anyone a traitor.  That includes you Hoot. Your confederate love and your being an apologist for “violent domestic terrorists led by white supremacists with motives to usurp the election process” disqualifies you from judging anything that a 31 year veteran does in service of this country. 

If he broke the chain of command he should answer for his violations, but the grandstanding from you and loud mouthed Congressmen who lack the backbone to hold real traitors accountable is absolutely disgusting. 

Pretty easy to blame big baby Trump. Adults in the room had to keep the baby from destroying the world. 

Now the death cult is really pissed. You guys were so close to the end of the world!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-re...li=BBnb7Kz

However, Woodward and Costa’s account—or at least the Post’s summary of it—may be incomplete. On Wednesday, Jonathan Swan reported in Axios that the back channel with China was opened not by Milley but rather by Secretary of Defense Mark Esper—a more constitutionally proper arrangement. Esper’s intent was simply to assure the Chinese—whose intelligence agencies were warning of an imminent U.S. attack—that an attack was not in the works. Washington Post columnist Josh Rogin cited senior Defense Department officials confirming this was the case. Swan also characterized Milley’s conversation with Li a bit differently from Woodward and Costa. According to a source who is “familiar” with those conversations, Milley said “something to the effect of: ‘We’ll both know if we’re going to war … there’s not gonna be some surprise attack, and there’s no reason for you to do a preemptive strike.” That’s a lot less bizarre than a promise to give China a heads-up on a surprise attack. Swan’s account, if true, is completely normal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Outsider's post:
  • Cardfan1
(09-15-2021, 07:53 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Yes it is but those who celebrate traitors don’t get to call anyone a traitor.  That includes you Hoot. Your confederate love and your being an apologist for “violent domestic terrorists led by white supremacists with motives to usurp the election process” disqualifies you from judging anything that a 31 year veteran does in service of this country. 

If he broke the chain of command he should answer for his violations, but the grandstanding from you and loud mouthed Congressmen who lack the backbone to hold real traitors accountable is absolutely disgusting. 

Pretty easy to blame big baby Trump. Adults in the room had to keep the baby from destroying the world. 

Now the death cult is really pissed. You guys were so close to the end of the world!
Please stop lying about me, Cardfan1. Advocating that we judge historical figures in the context of the times in which they lived is not "celebrating" them. It is mostly liberals and radical Islamic fundamentalists who are on a mission to erase large chunks of history by toppling statues, changing street names, and generally demonizing historical figures who were widely regarded as great men in their own time, as they glorify modern day social media "stars" and common thugs. But that is the subject for another thread. This thread is about the alleged treason of General Milley.

Even I am amazed at how quickly you decided that the right thing to do with a traitor was to blame Donald Trump. What is ironic is that the best play politically for Democrats to gain some credibility would have been to have led the charge to fire Milley. They could have made Milley the fall guy for Biden's screw-up of the withdrawal from Afghanistan and rid the country of a traitor. 

Biden's poll numbers would have gone up because the Never Trumpers and independents would have been impressed by Democrats' unusual lack of partisanship. But liberals' minds cannot fathom acting in a nonpartisan way, even for political gain. They would rather pretend that a traitor is a hero because he once was part of Trump's administration. So, you continue to mischaracterize a small riot at the Capitol as an insurrection and praise the traitor under your noses.
(09-15-2021, 08:31 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 04:42 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Milley could have triggered WW3 with his actions by convincing China that Trump was likely to initiate a nuclear war with a first strike. 

Please stop lying about me, Cardfan1. Advocating that we judge historical figures in the context of the times in which they lived is not "celebrating" them. It is mostly liberals and radical Islamic fundamentalists who are on a mission to erase large chunks of history by toppling statues, changing street names, and generally demonizing historical figures who were widely regarded as great men in their own time, as they glorify modern day social media "stars" and common thugs. But that is the subject for another thread. This thread is about the alleged treason of General Milley.

Even I am amazed at how quickly you decided that the right thing to do with a traitor was to blame Donald Trump. What is ironic is that the best play politically for Democrats to gain some credibility would have been to have led the charge to fire Milley. They could have made Milley the fall guy for Biden's screw-up of the withdrawal from Afghanistan and rid the country of a traitor. 

Biden's poll numbers would have gone up because the Never Trumpers and independents would have been impressed by Democrats' unusual lack of partisanship. But liberals' minds cannot fathom acting in a nonpartisan way, even for political gain. They would rather pretend that a traitor is a hero because he once was part of Trump's administration. So, you continue to mischaracterize a small riot at the Capitol as an insurrection and praise the traitor under your noses.
Hoot, seems there is more to the story than what Woodward reported.

Will you check out the rest of the book to see if he says anything else  you like?  Big Grin 

A small riot at the Capitol to usurp the election process and injure Congressmen.
(09-15-2021, 08:45 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 06:43 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: I’m not defending Milley. I find it remarkable how far you’re going to defend an actual proven traitor. 

Will you check out the rest of the book to see if he says anything else  you like?  Big Grin 

A small riot at the Capitol to usurp the election process and injure Congressmen.
So, the Democrat talking points have been distributed and the Biden apologists are at it again.
(09-15-2021, 08:52 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 07:34 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: The Civil War is over. Let it go. Yes, you have already defended Milley by your attempted distraction from the real issue and your attacks on the messengers. The rest of us recognize your M.O. and it is too late to join the conservatives in condemning Milley's betrayal. Milley's actions are not defensible and the laughing smilies in the defense of a traitor seem out of place. 

So, the Democrat talking points have been distributed and the Biden apologists are at it again.
Outsider posted what happened according to other reports.  
Which do you believe?  
Woodward? 
or those reports that support Milley’s decisions? 

seems like both are Democrat talking points.  Big Grin 

do you support Woodward’s assessment that Trump was attempting to steal the election?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gen-jac...of-context

Go ahead and bow out @TheRealThing.

“General Jack Keane: I think these are responsible actions that are being taken, not the contrary. Based on what the Pentagon is reporting and the feedback we’re getting from Jennifer Griffin and I trust her and her sources, by the way, they have been impeccable in the past and I take them at face value here, I don’t see anything that is undermining the civilian control of the military. If you took the facts that are being reported and I think being sensationalized in the media.“
(09-15-2021, 07:11 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 12:59 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Woodward is an elderly liberal political hack. There is no dilemma. If Woodward accurately quoted Milley, then he committed treason. I am not validating anything - just stating a fact that is obvious to any honest person. Even if I did believe Woodward without question, your contention that I must believe everything in Woodward's book - a book that I will never read - is completely illogical. You are desperately trying to conjure up a contradiction in logic where none exists, but you are the one who has sprinted down a dead-end fork in the logic road.

that was sarcasm
I thought I was replaying to CF. My bad TRT.

LOL I knew that. The whole post was meant for sarcasm but likely it was a smidge too subtle. Of course CF had to like it within seconds of your posting.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(09-15-2021, 08:57 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 07:53 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Yes it is but those who celebrate traitors don’t get to call anyone a traitor.  That includes you Hoot. Your confederate love and your being an apologist for “violent domestic terrorists led by white supremacists with motives to usurp the election process” disqualifies you from judging anything that a 31 year veteran does in service of this country. 

Which do you believe?  
Woodward? 

do you support Woodward’s assessment that Trump was attempting to steal the election?

Go ahead and bow out @TheRealThing

“General Jack Keane: I think these are responsible actions that are being taken, not the contrary. Based on what the Pentagon is reporting and the feedback we’re getting from Jennifer Griffin and I trust her and her sources, by the way, they have been impeccable in the past and I take them at face value here, I don’t see anything that is undermining the civilian control of the military. If you took the facts that are being reported and I think being sensationalized in the media.“
As I have already said, I consider Woodward a liberal political hack and have no plans to buy or read his book. Trump says that if the allegations are true, then Milley committed treason. Until I see evidence that Trump authorized Esper and/or Milley to conduct foreign policy on his behalf, then there is no reason to believe that was the case.
(09-15-2021, 09:12 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 08:57 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 08:31 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Please stop lying about me, Cardfan1. Advocating that we judge historical figures in the context of the times in which they lived is not "celebrating" them. It is mostly liberals and radical Islamic fundamentalists who are on a mission to erase large chunks of history by toppling statues, changing street names, and generally demonizing historical figures who were widely regarded as great men in their own time, as they glorify modern day social media "stars" and common thugs. But that is the subject for another thread. This thread is about the alleged treason of General Milley.

Which do you believe?  
Woodward? 

Go ahead and bow out @TheRealThing

As I have already said, I consider Woodward a liberal political hack and have no plans to buy or read his book. Trump says that if the allegations are true, then Milley committed treason. Until I see evidence that Trump authorized Esper and/or Milley to conduct foreign policy on his behalf, then there is no reason to believe that was the case.
Huh 
Are literally waiting for the biggest liar on the history of the planet to tell you what to think? 

puke.
In 2017, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, then controlled by Republicans, held a hearing on launch-control of nuclear weapons. It was the first congressional hearing on the issue since 1976. The context, as Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy put it, was a concern that President Trump “is so unstable, is so volatile, has a decision-making process that is so quixotic, that he might order a nuclear weapons strike that is wildly out of step with U.S. national security interests.” No Republican on the panel disputed this assessment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Outsider's post:
  • Cardfan1