Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Prestonsburg Blackcats
55.56%
Floyd Central Jaguars
44.44%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Prestonsburg @ Floyd Central 9/17
FC is looking for their first win on the season against county rival, Prestonsburg. The Jags are 0-3 with losses to East Ridge, Perry Central, and Shelby Valley. Pburg is 2-1 with wins over Phelps & Powell County and a loss to Magoffin.

Both teams want to establish a run game. I think whoever wins the battle up front wins this game. Should be a dandy.

FC is coming off a COVID week, will the Jags have everyone back?
I think the cats are hitting their stride with 2 wins in a row and all players back after losing 12 to Covid quarantines in week 1. That, on top of FC still trying to get all players back on the field leads me to predict that Brewer’s boys get a huge win on the hill this Friday. Akers and Jarvis run wild on the Jags

Burg 28
FC 12
[-] The following 1 user Likes Red and Black's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
Floyd Central, Prestonsburg & Betsy Layne need some type of traveling trophy like the Armed Services do for The Commander-in-Chief's Trophy ..... NO, I'm not comparing the Floyd County public school system football teams to The United States Military academies, but the concept of the three team trophy remains the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commander-...27s_Trophy

This is just an idea..... Floyd Countians are very territorial about their high schools. All three are in very different areas of the county and would be a since of pride for the different communities the schools represent.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
(09-13-2021, 11:09 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: Floyd Central, Prestonsburg & Betsy Layne need some type of traveling trophy like the Armed Services do for The Commander-in-Chief's Trophy ..... NO, I'm not comparing the Floyd County public school system football teams to The United States Military academies, but the concept of the three team trophy remains the same.

This is just an idea..... Floyd Countians are very territorial about their high schools.  All three are in very different areas of the county and would be a since of pride for the different communities the schools represent.

Oh how the mighty have fallen. Pburg goes 80 years and only loses 2 or 3 times to other FloCo schools in that span and now we’re all of a sudden in the last 5 years competitive rivals. Hurts this old Blackcat heart of mine.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Red and Black's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
(09-13-2021, 11:27 AM)Red and Black Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 11:09 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: Floyd Central, Prestonsburg & Betsy Layne need some type of traveling trophy like the Armed Services do for The Commander-in-Chief's Trophy ..... NO, I'm not comparing the Floyd County public school system football teams to The United States Military academies, but the concept of the three team trophy remains the same.

This is just an idea..... Floyd Countians are very territorial about their high schools.  All three are in very different areas of the county and would be a since of pride for the different communities the schools represent.

Oh how the mighty have fallen. Pburg goes 80 years and only loses 2 or 3 times to other FloCo schools in that span and now we’re all of a sudden in the last 5 years competitive rivals. Hurts this old Blackcat heart of mine.
As I said.... this is just an idea.

There is no doubt Prestonsburg OWNED Floyd County football for decades.
(09-13-2021, 11:29 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 11:27 AM)Red and Black Wrote:

As I said.... this is just an idea.

There is no doubt Prestonsburg OWNED Floyd County football for decades.

I’m not saying that it’s a bad idea, just that it shows how far the program has fallen. From competing for state titles to competing for county titles.
[-] The following 2 users Like Red and Black's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, Pulp Fiction
This game will be won in the trenches!
Jags 42
Cats 6
But I am a bit bias ??‍♂️
I don’t know who Floyd Central will have available on Friday, so it’s hard to predict an exact score.

I think PBurg has enough of an advantage up front on the offensive line to win their matchups regardless. Akers and Jarvis running behind a cohesive offensive line has worked out well in the 2 games that almost everyone has been there for.

I’m hoping for a great atmosphere on the hill on Friday night! Go Cats!
I like the blackcats in this one! They are playing at home and have a good offense going. I’ll take pburg in a shoot match
Pburg 21
FC 14
(09-14-2021, 01:10 PM)waughdaddy59 Wrote: I like the blackcats in this one! They are playing at home and have a good offense going. I’ll take pburg in a shoot match
Pburg 21
FC 14
This one is at FC
FC in a close one. FC 21 Pburg 16
I'll take the Blackcats.
Oh I see I thought I read it was at Pburg, well I’ll still take the blackcats in any case!
[-] The following 1 user Likes waughdaddy59's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
(09-14-2021, 10:09 AM)BlackcatPride32 Wrote: I don’t know who Floyd Central will have available on Friday, so it’s hard to predict an exact score.

I think PBurg has enough of an advantage up front on the offensive line to win their matchups regardless. Akers and Jarvis running behind a cohesive offensive line has worked out well in the 2 games that almost

everyone has been there for.

I’m hoping for a great atmosphere on the hill on Friday night! Go Cats
I’m hoping for a great atmosphere as well but apparently you have not saw Floyd Central’s line play any at all this season. (after Friday night do me a huge favor and comeback and quote this and give me your honest opinion after the game, I’ll do the same) Go Jags!!
I’m going to say that the Blackcats come out hot off back to back wins and a big 34-6 win over Powell Co. last week. Floyd Central will come out a little slow coming off an off week just like Prestonsburg did against Maggofin Co. With that being said I’ll take the Blackcats 34-24.
Pburg.
Covid canceled
(09-14-2021, 10:32 PM)Old_Trojan Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 10:09 AM)BlackcatPride32 Wrote: I don’t know who Floyd Central will have available on Friday, so it’s hard to predict an exact score.

I think PBurg has enough of an advantage up front on the offensive line to win their matchups regardless. Akers and Jarvis running behind a cohesive offensive line has worked out well in the 2 games that almost

everyone has been there for.

I’m hoping for a great atmosphere on the hill on Friday night! Go Cats
I’m hoping for a great atmosphere as well but apparently you have not saw Floyd Central’s line play any at all this season. (after Friday night do me a huge favor and comeback and quote this and give me your honest opinion after the game, I’ll do the same) Go Jags!!
I’ve watched them play, I just think Prestonsburg has a slight advantage there. I just hope this game is able to be played.
The game is still going to be played as of NOW. I do know Floyd Central has a bunch of players quarantined and have only been able to practice three times in two weeks. I believe many of these kids are key players. Prestonsburg has momentum.. should be an interesting game Friday. WPRG will be covering the game live on Youtube and Facebook.
(09-15-2021, 04:34 PM)MountainBall44 Wrote: The game is still going to be played as of NOW. I do know Floyd Central has a bunch of players quarantined and have only been able to practice three times in two weeks. I believe many of these kids are key players. Prestonsburg has momentum.. should be an interesting game Friday. WPRG will be covering the game live on Youtube and Facebook.

Thanks for the heads up.  Hopefully, this game can be played.
(09-15-2021, 04:34 PM)MountainBall44 Wrote: The game is still going to be played as of NOW. I do know Floyd Central has a bunch of players quarantined and have only been able to practice three times in two weeks. I believe many of these kids are key players. Prestonsburg has momentum.. should be an interesting game Friday. WPRG will be covering the game live on Youtube and Facebook.

Thanks for the info! I hate that FC will be at less than full strength. I’d love a Pburg win, but it will certainly detract from the game.
I heard that this game was cancelled due to Covid. I haven't substantiated that yet.
(09-15-2021, 05:25 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I heard that this game was cancelled due to Covid.  I haven't substantiated that yet.
 Unless something happens between now and kickoff the game is being played!! FC has several athletes quarantined though.
FC wins by three scores.
Can somebody post a screenshot or press release from an official social media account about the status of this game.

I can't find anything from Floyd Central or Prestonsburg & the KHSAA website still has it listed as being On.
(09-16-2021, 10:51 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: Can somebody post a screenshot or press release from an official social media account about the status of this game.

I can't find anything from Floyd Central or Prestonsburg & the KHSAA website still has it listed as being On.
Prestonsburg Head Coach Brandon Brewer posted this on FB this morning showing tickets are now on sale. I’d say that’s a good sign the game is still on.

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like BlackcatPride32's post:
  • Granny Bear, Pulp Fiction
Floyd Central leads at the half, 16-6.

The Jags have absolutely owned the time of possession in the first half. Pburg has run around maybe 10 plays all half.

Two offsides penalties have really hurt the Blackcats.
According to WMDJ:

Floyd Central ran 37 plays to Pburg's 9 in the first half.
I was trying to watch but the broadcast on YouTube cut out. With a min left it was only 8 to 6 that offsides penalty hurt bad it sounds like.
FC is playing really well in the trenches. Both offenses look good, both defenses look not so good. 2 offsides against Pburg on 4th downs that resulted in 1st downs have been the difference in this game so far.