Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lexington Christian Academy
79.17%
Lexington Catholic
20.83%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lexington Catholic @ Lexington Christian Academy 9/17
Class 4A Lexington Catholic (4-0) will travel to #1 Class 2A Lexington Christian Academy (4-0)

Lexington Catholic wins: Ryle 24-21, Pulaski County 38-36, Covington Catholic 34-27, Pleasure Ridge Park 45-30

Lexington Christian Academy wins: Madison Central 21-12, Boyle 35-28, Belfry 1-0, Christian Academy of Louisville 37-14

Battle of the Unbeatens in the Lexington Community for bragging rights and RPI seedings at stake. 

Who will stay unbeaten?
I’ll take LCA
Ill go with the Upset or is it a Upset? LCA should be in full force when the matchup with Lexington Catholic. I think LCA at Home will be a tuff opponent in front of the locals. I look for Xavier Brown to explode in this game.

Lexington Christian Academy 35
Lexington Catholic 28
Give me Lexington Christian
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I think LCA wins this comfortably 48-14, Lex Cath doing a very nice job of building back but LCA and Brown would beat most teams right now regardless of class.
I’ll take LCA .
Is Nieves expected to play this week? With him I'd say LCA wins going away. Without him I think it goes back and forth for a while with LCA winning by two scores.
Lexington Christian It maybe a high scoring game
I probably shouldn't, but I'm picking the Knights. 28-21
Hoping for Lex cath. But I’d say LCA takes it. Might be a good game though. We’re about to find out if cath is real. They’ll have to tighten up on D it looks like if they wanna win. The limited knowledge I’ve got on both, I’d say cath can score on them, but it won’t be at will. I actually think a shoot out possibly goes in Cath’s favor. It seems like they know how to win in close game scenarios as well. It will be an interesting game no matter who wins, it will show Us a lot.
One thing that Lexington Catholic has this season is a running game. The kid they have now was suppose to be the backup at RB and starting LB. He took over the RB spot after their returning RB from last season had (season ending injury). This new kid has had 3 of 4 100 yard games and close to 500 yards for the season. Unlike in the past, teams must respect their running game just a little.
I think Lex Cath pulls this one out in a close game, 7 points or less..
Lexington Christian 42
Lexington Catholic 27
The protestant boys win, 31-17.
I like LCA by a couple of scores.
LCA, this is just a stepping stone to their trip to Kroger field.
(09-14-2021, 09:09 AM)rookie57 Wrote: LCA, this is just a stepping stone to their trip to Kroger field.
So I heard Male invited you all to play them on your "open date". Will that be another stepping stone or are they going to turn them down just like they turned down JC? Asking for a friend.
(09-12-2021, 03:16 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: I think LCA wins this comfortably 48-14, Lex Cath doing a very nice job of building back but LCA and Brown would beat most teams right now regardless of class.
I think you nailed it. I hope it's a good game but most likely a blowout. Running clock a good possibility.
Lots of LCA hype, just like last season until they played Frederick Douglass and were beaten within an inch of their life.

These 2 schools do not like one another.

Catholic wins on a walk off 47 yd field goal, 34 - 31.
(09-14-2021, 04:37 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: Lots of LCA hype, just like last season until they played Frederick Douglass and were beaten within an inch of their life.

Catholic wins on a walk off 47 yd field goal,  34 - 31.
To be fair, a lot of teams would be beaten like that by FD.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Iggyfan
(09-14-2021, 09:36 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 09:09 AM)rookie57 Wrote: LCA, this is just a stepping stone to their trip to Kroger field.
So I heard Male invited you all to play them on your "open date". Will that be another stepping stone or are they going to turn them down just like they turned down JC? Asking for a friend.
 No idea, but male hasn’t invited mayfield to play, since you inferred from your post that (you all) that I was a LCA FAN.
(09-14-2021, 06:52 PM)rookie57 Wrote:
 No idea, but male hasn’t invited mayfield to play, since you inferred from your post that (you all) that I was a LCA FAN.
Male and LCA have Oct 1 as an open date. Why would Male invite to play Mayfield if they don't have the same open date?
(09-15-2021, 10:42 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
Male and LCA have Oct 1 as an open date. Why would Male invite to play Mayfield if they don't have the same open date?

He's a Mayfield fan, not an LCA fan, and you responded to him saying "you all" in your original post, which was clearly targeted towards LCA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • rookie57
(09-14-2021, 04:37 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: Lots of LCA hype, just like last season until they played Frederick Douglass and were beaten within an inch of their life.

Catholic wins on a walk off 47 yd field goal,  34 - 31.
You do know LCA is a 2A school and FD is on the verge of being 6A, they should have beaten them like that.
(09-15-2021, 11:27 AM)RoShamBo Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 10:42 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:

He's a Mayfield fan, not an LCA fan, and you responded to him saying "you all" in your original post, which was clearly targeted towards LCA.
Oh ok  Smile
If I was LCA, I would turn them down also- LCA is a 2A school if I'm not mistaken they wouldn't have a chance.
(09-15-2021, 11:38 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
If I was LCA, I would turn them down also- LCA is a 2A school if I'm not mistaken they wouldn't have a chance.

I think this year's version of LCA would have a chance against any team in the state, and given how the season has shaken out so far, would possibly be favored against Johnson Central.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • Tigerallamerican
(09-15-2021, 12:26 PM)RoShamBo Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 11:38 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

I think this year's version of LCA would have a chance against any team in the state, and given how the season has shaken out so far, would possibly be favored against Johnson Central.
Do not know much about JC, but zero shot against Male or Douglas
If there was a year LCA was going to play a team like Male, this would be the year. Regardless of their class (2A), they have some fine DI players... and probably would beat any top team(s) in each class. (I said probably)
There were a few people who thought that Boyle County was the best team in 2019 in any class. Then they lost to Johnson Central in the state 4A finals in a great game that was probably decided by a single big defensive play. JC and BC both had great teams but both of them would have been heavy underdogs against Trinity in 2019.

I think that some people are getting carried away with LCA this season. They obviously have a great 2A team. It is very unlikely that they would beat Trinity, Male, or Saint X. By beating Boyle County, LCA showed that they can compete with the best 4A teams. The best 4A teams would have little chance of beating the top 6A teams at the end of the season. Neither would LCA. I'm not saying that LCA, on their best day, would not beat Trinity on an off day, but everything would have to go LCA's way for them to pull the upset. Depth matters and the top 6A teams always have depth.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull