Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Democrats pushing slew of tax hikes to fund massive spending plan
(09-08-2021, 09:35 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 08:58 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 08:40 PM)The Outsider Wrote: https://wiseguys2015.com/2017/11/14/what...ob-growth/

This is a very informative article on the correlation between corporate tax rates and job growth.  In my opinion, the 15% corporate tax cut that Trump implemented greatly benefitted the wealthy.  I could have understood lowering the rate to 27%, which would have resulted in a real tax -rate for corporations between 17-22% instead of the 10-15% that most end up paying.

Regarding the[i] first approach[/i] to the relationship between corporate tax rates and job growth, the Center for Effective Government reports in a recent study that employment shows no relationship to corporate tax rates. Consider the following graph.

[Image: https://wiseguys2015.files.wordpress.com....jpg?w=940]
As can be seen, corporate tax rates are about the lowest they have been since World War II. Yet there is little, if any, variation in job growth across 60 years of declining corporate tax rates. If declining corporate tax rates were indeed a stimulant to job growth, we would expect to see an increase across time in the rate of job growth. But, we do not.

(09-08-2021, 06:19 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 05:15 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Corporate taxes are your taxes, you are just too dumb to understand that their taxes are included in the price of every product that you purchase. Democrats have been running the scam of demonizing corporations and convincing dummies like you that raising their taxes will punish them while having no effect on the number of jobs they provide or on the prices of the products that you purchase. A growing number of workers can be replaced by robots if corporate tax bills go high enough and for many businesses that point has already been reached.
Quooter by your theory prices should be around 1950's level it might be where you live but not where i live. Prices go up NO MATTER WHAT unless they can't sell what they are producing Damm if you ain't dumb
Tax Rates are the lowest since the 50's are prices that low ?

Don't tell anyone I said this, but Hooter is partially correct.  If corporate taxes go up, prices will follow, although not at a 1:1 ratio.  They are going to make their projections one way or another so that the huge bonuses keep flowing into the upper management's pockets.  That being said, the rates do need to rise and the ultra wealthy need to pay a fair tax rate instead of the low rates most pay now.
I get they will go up.  Hell the market crashed in 09 and some of the bailouts went to ceo bonuses.  

Obama should have stuck these crooks, but Democrats never pound these meatheads when they have a chance.  

today we have traitors that fomented an insurrection and a Military industrial complex of crooks that profited off of a 20 year war.  Democrats should smash both but they will pitter patter around and let Republicans steal the ball.  SMH
You are truly an economic illiterate. You talk about smashing industries companies as if the employees of those companies will just walk down the street and get another good paying job. American companies compete globally for capital. People can invest in Asian or European stocks and bonds just as easily as they invest in American stocks and bonds. When you make it more expensive to do business in this country, then you are making it more profitable for our companies' foreign competitors. You can bet that the People's Republic of China will welcome Joe Biden's plan for raising corporate tax rates on American companies. In fact, I suspect that it is not Biden's plan at all, but one of the services that China paid for in advance. Every major action that Biden has taken since becoming president has directly benefited China.

Dumbasses like you are also oblivious to the fact that tens of millions American citizens own 401Ks and other retirement investment funds. When you attack the profits of corporations as an evil that needs to be slain, you are advocating taking money out of the pockets of millions of middle class retirees and future retirees. You cannot punish successful companies without harming their employees and investors, most of whom are not among the wealthiest 1 percent of Americans.
Whoa whoa 
whoa 
are you talking a global economy?  Globalism?  Are you supporting that?  Oh hell you just got disowned by The Wrong Thing.  Big Grin 

Hooter, why aren’t corporate taxes where they were in the 50’s-70’s when America was great?  You didn’t answer that.  You just spewed bs about how no one know what you know.  
Corporations were brought to heel in the mid 20th century then Reaganomics came around and the rich got filthy and the rest world gets pissed on.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Democrats pushing slew of tax hikes to fund massive spending plan - by Cardfan1 - 09-08-2021, 09:47 PM