Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arizona 21 Pittsburgh 14
Final
Steelers just plain flat today!!
Roethlisberger looked shaky..Still 3-1 though.
Penalties just killed us all day long. Polamalu being out the 2nd half really hurt the D. The INT that Ben threw at the end was a result of Cedric Wilson just giving up on the route. Coach Tomlin will have these boys ready for Seattle next week.
Congrats to Bengal Cat for picking this upset, even if I really think you just did it because you don't like the Steelers! LOL

Sure didn't see this one coming...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Congrats to Bengal Cat for picking this upset, even if I really think you just did it because you don't like the Steelers! LOL

Sure didn't see this one coming...

lol, i think the game was a fluke. But they did win.
thats what I say too..It was a fluke. Three key players out. Eleven penalties. Special teams allowed a touchdown, and Fast Willie gains 37 yards on 19 carries..I'll guarantee you that wont happen again..bad thing is though, fluke losses still count as losses, lol..
BCFan Wrote:lol, i think the game was a fluke. But they did win.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:thats what I say too..It was a fluke. Three key players out. Eleven penalties. Special teams allowed a touchdown, and Fast Willie gains 37 yards on 19 carries..I'll guarantee you that wont happen again..bad thing is though, fluke losses still count as losses, lol..
TH32 what is the status on Polamalu,Ward, and Mcfadden have you heard?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:TH32 what is the status on Polamalu,Ward, and Mcfadden have you heard?

McFadden is hurt too? Damn.

I hear Polomalu and Hampton are going to be fine and should be playing next week.

Harrison and Roethlisberger both have contusions, I can't remember where but they'll be fine.

McFadden has a high ankle sprain and is doubtful for the next game.

Matt Spaeth and Hines Ward are expected to be coming back next week as well.

Basically we should only have McFadden out next week from these injuries.
We all know that it is very difficult to travel out West and get a win. One good thing is that Seattle will be doing the traveling the next game.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
yeah...I guess the worst thing I thought of, was that this past weekend was a golden oppurtunity for us to go up 3 games on Cinci, and really stretch the lead on the rest of the division, but didnt....so this weekend is a huge game, and if we're gonna seperate ourselves from everybody else, they need to beat the Arizonas and the Seattles..but Baltimore and Cinci both lost this weekend too, so it evened out..but we did miss a huge oppurtunity..now we need to put a pounding on a good Seattle team..
BelfryJustice Wrote:We all know that it is very difficult to travel out West and get a win. One good thing is that Seattle will be doing the traveling the next game.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:yeah...I guess the worst thing I thought of, was that this past weekend was a golden oppurtunity for us to go up 3 games on Cinci, and really stretch the lead on the rest of the division, but didnt....so this weekend is a huge game, and if we're gonna seperate ourselves from everybody else, they need to beat the Arizonas and the Seattles..but Baltimore and Cinci both lost this weekend too, so it evened out..but we did miss a huge oppurtunity..now we need to put a pounding on a good Seattle team..

Hoss....as a Bengals fan I want to thank you. Even after as crappy of a start as they have had, you still show enough respect for them that you still see them as a threat. You obviously understand that its still early and theres still time for them to right the ship and get it going. You see an opportunity for your team to get a big lead and take control of the division early. I'd say ur a pretty smart fan.....kudos to ya.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:yeah...I guess the worst thing I thought of, was that this past weekend was a golden oppurtunity for us to go up 3 games on Cinci, and really stretch the lead on the rest of the division, but didnt....so this weekend is a huge game, and if we're gonna seperate ourselves from everybody else, they need to beat the Arizonas and the Seattles..but Baltimore and Cinci both lost this weekend too, so it evened out..but we did miss a huge oppurtunity..now we need to put a pounding on a good Seattle team..

I basically agree with everything you said..We could have really pulled away and had the division in our grasps..and all we had to do was beat Arizona..and we didn't. Luckily Baltimore and Cincy stunk it up too so we can go out and hopefully stretch our division lead against Seattle. I honestly don't think Seattle is that good, but I don't watch them too often.
BCFan Wrote:I basically agree with everything you said..We could have really pulled away and had the division in our grasps..and all we had to do was beat Arizona..and we didn't. Luckily Baltimore and Cincy stunk it up too so we can go out and hopefully stretch our division lead against Seattle. I honestly don't think Seattle is that good, but I don't watch them too often.

Pittsburgh should definitely beat Seattle at home. I watched the entire Seahawks-Bengals game, and frankly, they didn't impress me. The Bengals had numerous false-start penalties (largely attributable to the racuous crowd in Seattle) that short-circuited several offensive drives. If the Cincy offense had ever gotten in gear, that Hasselbeck TD pass with a minute to go wouldn't have mattered. I really feel that the two teams were fairly evenly matched, and if that game was played in Cincy, the Bengals likely would have won. But I digress...

Anyway, Pittsburgh is the better team and they're at home, so I'll take the Steelers by 10 points.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'll take Pitt by 10-14.
Your gonna get a loss every now and then when you have these kind of injuries. Coach Tomlin will have the Steelers ready this week!