Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Somerset
38.46%
Paintsville
61.54%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Paintsville @ Somerset 9/10
Class 1A Titan Paintsville (0-2) will travel to Class 2A Titan Somerset (1-2)

Somerset (1-2) won on a covid cancellation, losing to Lincoln County 50-20 and Beechwood 49-0

Paintsville (0-2) losing to Pikeville 43-21 and Beechwood 49-0

Thoughts?
Painstville in a close one!!

Painstville 35
Somerset 21
I’ll take Paintsville by 2 TDs
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Paintsville wins big. I don’t see many wins on the schedule this year for Somerset.
I am taking Paintsville
Bunnies got dis…

SHS - 35
PHS - 27
Paintsville will win, but it’s a tough schedule for Somerset.

Had Somerset played (and probably wins) the game against Russell County, they gain confidence and maybe have something to work upon. As of right now they’ve given up 99 points and scored 20. I don’t think they’re clicking anywhere near potential and their consolation next week is Corbin at Corbin.

I’m guessing 38-14 , Paintsville. I don’t think any score prediction will surprise me.
I think this is a winnable game for somerset. They look even as far as points for and against, and playing at home. Both lost 49-0 to Beechwood University.. Somerset took a beating, but got better in spots. I'm going with Somerset in a tight one 28-24. If Doan gets back it will be great for them. He's needed badly. Other then Russell. I only see 3 possible wins on schedule being Williamsburg, Washington Co., and Paintsville is 50/50. I saw the Danville vs Lincoln game. Big backs were out for Lincoln. Danville speed was difference. Still think Danville and Somerset will be 50/50. Neither team impressive, Ads got lucky with a down Lincoln team.
(09-05-2021, 06:26 PM)foozeball80 Wrote: I think this is a winnable game for somerset. They look even as far as points for and against, and playing at home. Both lost 49-0 to Beechwood University.. Somerset took a beating, but got better in spots. I'm going with Somerset in a tight one 28-24. If Doan gets back it will be great for them. He's needed badly. Other then Russell. I only see 3 possible wins on schedule  being Williamsburg, Washington Co., and Paintsville is 50/50. I saw the Danville vs Lincoln game. Big backs were out for Lincoln. Danville speed was difference. Still think Danville and Somerset will be 50/50. Neither team impressive, Ads got lucky with a down Lincoln team.
I may have to retrack this. Somerset only has 3 seniors left one is a kicker, one don't start, and 3rd is a DL/TE. Injuries plaguing this slim team. So with what I was told, ill have to change 34-12 Paintsville.  Doan possibly out for year. Is so I hate it for this kid. He's been through a lot, and this his senior year. Senior OL broke arm. Just bad luck on a bad year.
(09-09-2021, 11:11 AM)foozeball80 Wrote:
(09-05-2021, 06:26 PM)foozeball80 Wrote: I think this is a winnable game for somerset. They look even as far as points for and against, and playing at home. Both lost 49-0 to Beechwood University.. Somerset took a beating, but got better in spots. I'm going with Somerset in a tight one 28-24. If Doan gets back it will be great for them. He's needed badly. Other then Russell. I only see 3 possible wins on schedule  being Williamsburg, Washington Co., and Paintsville is 50/50. I saw the Danville vs Lincoln game. Big backs were out for Lincoln. Danville speed was difference. Still think Danville and Somerset will be 50/50. Neither team impressive, Ads got lucky with a down Lincoln team.
I may have to retrack this. Somerset only has 3 seniors left one is a kicker, one don't start, and 3rd is a DL/TE. Injuries plaguing this slim team. So with what I was told, ill have to change 34-12 Paintsville.  Doan possibly out for year. Is so I hate it for this kid. He's been through a lot, and this his senior year. Senior OL broke arm. Just bad luck on a bad year.
Phelps will be the best player on the field and I don't think Somerset has anyone who can come close to slowing him down.  With all of the kids lost to graduation, transfer and injury it's going to be a long year for Somerset.  I'm changing my prediction to Paintsville with a running clock.
(09-09-2021, 11:53 AM)BBN2021 Wrote:
(09-09-2021, 11:11 AM)foozeball80 Wrote:
Phelps will be the best player on the field and I don't think Somerset has anyone who can come close to slowing him down.  With all of the kids lost to graduation, transfer and injury it's going to be a long year for Somerset.  I'm changing my prediction to Paintsville with a running clock.
The good thing about this team, they're getting experience  which they didn't get with the lack of JV games, they will be bigger and stronger next year, and hungry after these beatings. Remember just a few years ago 0-10, then we had a .500 year then 3 straight great seasons. Same issue on 0-10 team only 5 seniors out of a 8th grade team of 23. They will be ok, but must stay together, and work hard on the off season. I don't like bring up team 113, but the reason they were great and got the title, is they pushed each other,stayed together and worked they're butts off even on holidays. To succeed  they got to get that mentality, and parents need to help keep them focused not dogging. No I in team, they got to work together and they can get back on track next year the weapons, and speed is there. As for transfers. If they don't wanna be they're then let'em go. Don't need glory ring chasers. As for graduation . We lost heck of a team. 3 went on to play college, 1 D1, 1 D1 baseball and 2 playing as freshman in naia. Others that didn't could play college ball, but had other dreams to chase. Hard to recover with that talent, and that talent made it hard for play time for younger kids, but we got to get JV games.
Looking for Paintsville to get the first win of the season. Tigers sure have had a tough schedule so far.
[-] The following 2 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • Blue_Bird96, Josiewales
Somerset 79-14
(09-10-2021, 09:22 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Somerset 79-14
Haha Somerset may not score 79 all year. I'm going with the Tigers.
(09-10-2021, 10:45 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

All we need is 58 more Covid forfeits.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • pjdoug
(09-10-2021, 10:45 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

Go Jumpers!
Knowone scored till second quarter. 3 fumbles lead to 12-0 Paintsville in 2nd. Now neither team that good, and I know they're young, but Somerset can't tackle, can't block. Lineman stand straight up not dropping hips. It's like they don't know fundamentals, and I know they know. They've had good runs. Paintsville 8 penalties in 1st half so far. Turn overs are the difference. Hopefully somerset turns it on.

Interception somerset got ball back.sloppy game. Tons of penalties both ways.

Now 10 penalties on Paintsville and its killing big plays for them. Both defense doing decent, offense making big mistakes. Somerset defense getting pressure now.

12-0 at half. Over 20 penalties combined. 12 on Paintsville. 4 turnovers combined. In all the defense are doing OK. Tackling a little better. Both OL not blocking well. Just to young teams playing like young teams.

Onside kick from somerset they recover it. Jumper ball.

Somerset can finish drives. Missing seniors hurt them. Defense just can't tackle Phelps. They have to many penalties as do Paintsville. 18-0 Paintsville in 3rd
26-0 Paintsville. Somerset in the red zone again. Somerset starting QB hurt. Back up throws pick in endzone..