Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covid Forfeits
Does anyone else think that covid forfeits were a terrible idea? Too many teams this year who had their opponent cancel due to covid refuse to reschedule another opponent since technically they've already "won" a game. They get rpi points for the forfeit whereas they may play a team and lose and it would hurt them in RPI. Last year teams would play anyone if they had another team cancel on them because playing 5 or 6 games would hurt them in rpi at the end of the season. I think teams would have a lot easier time finding another opponent if covid cancelations were not counted as a forfeit.
I don’t think you can argue your point one bit.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Covid sucks. Get vaxed, football fans—do it for the kids!
[-] The following 2 users Like Gitback Coach's post:
  • #GoCougs, Cardfan1
(09-02-2021, 10:38 PM)Gitback Coach Wrote: Covid sucks. Get vaxed, football fans—do it for the kids!

No!
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Hound05
It’s not political. Do it. It may save your life. Much better chance of that than it killing you.
[-] The following 2 users Like VoR_58's post:
  • #GoCougs, Gitback Coach
I agree. Take the vaccine and stop being blind.

That being said, yes absolutely football teams are using Covid as an excuse.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • #GoCougs
"Do it for the kids" - Bishop Sycamore
(09-02-2021, 11:33 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: It’s not political. Do it.  It may save your life. Much better chance of that than it killing you.

Bull Butter. I hope you don't think you have eternal life on earth.
(09-03-2021, 01:31 AM)jamesclay Wrote: I agree. Take the vaccine and stop being blind.

I see out of one eye, and see way better than you do.
(09-03-2021, 10:38 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 01:31 AM)jamesclay Wrote: I agree. Take the vaccine and stop being blind.

Report back after you or a loved one end up in the ICU.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(09-03-2021, 10:42 AM)jamesclay Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 10:38 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Report back after you or a loved one end up in the ICU.

I've had lots of loved ones to die in ICU in my lifetime. I've been near death my self and have always known that I'm gonna leave this earth someday, so save that shaming BS for somebody else and go back under the couch..
Amen. Pjdoug you are the man. I agree I wish people like this dude would stop trying to shame or act like they care about someone. By the way I have my shot and I am all for people minding there damn business.
There isn’t a perfect solution. But actually like it this way. Last year some teams got lucky ans scheduled a cup cake for RPI points, and I can remember that we couldn’t find a game and it hurt us. I said it in another post, if a team canceled 3 years ago, it would be a forfeit. It shouldn’t change now. They need to make an incentive for teams to schedule again. Give them the W for the forfeit and allow another game for RPI points as long as it doesn’t exceed the limit. Or maybe increase the limit a game or two for this.

I dunno? But I can’t stand to see us dropnlast year in RPI at the end because someone canceled and no one would play us and another team went up because they got some 2 win team to play.
No matter where you fall on vaccines the fact is it keeps these kids playing simply because the quarantine rules are so much lesser for vaccinated kids. I think it’s people’s right to choose for themselves if they want to get vaccinated or not but if your kid is going to play sports vaccines makes a whole lot easier to play every week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Running wild 14's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(09-03-2021, 02:28 PM)cadets1988 Wrote: Amen. Pjdoug you are the man.  I agree I wish people like this dude would stop trying to shame or act like they care about someone.  By the way I have my shot and I am all for people minding there damn business.

Thanks, My friend. I want you to live peacefully and make your own decisions. I have two uncles in ICU right now. I don't trust cowards that want to harass me , because I don't live in fear or believe like they do . We all have a body that is a temporary home, but spirit lives forever.
(09-03-2021, 02:28 PM)cadets1988 Wrote: Amen. Pjdoug you are the man.  I agree I wish people like this dude would stop trying to shame or act like they care about someone.  By the way I have my shot and I am all for people minding there damn business.

if people mind their own business,  they won't be minding mine, because they'll be busy all the time.
(09-03-2021, 06:25 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

if people mind their own business,  they won't be minding mine, because they'll be busy all the time.
But yours is more interesting than mine!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • pjdoug
(09-03-2021, 05:26 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: No matter where you fall on vaccines the fact is it keeps these kids playing simply because the quarantine rules are so much lesser for vaccinated kids. I think it’s people’s right to choose for themselves if they want to get vaccinated or not but if your kid is going to play sports vaccines makes a whole lot easier to play every week.

When it comes down to it there's way more important things in life than sports, I've stopped watching most pro sports. I can live without watching trash millionaires kneeling for the National Anthem. There's no way some of these people on here ever stepped on a football field. lol
(09-03-2021, 06:28 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 06:25 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

But yours is more interesting than mine!!

sad story. lol
(09-03-2021, 05:26 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: No matter where you fall on vaccines the fact is it keeps these kids playing simply because the quarantine rules are so much lesser for vaccinated kids. I think it’s people’s right to choose for themselves if they want to get vaccinated or not but if your kid is going to play sports vaccines makes a whole lot easier to play every week.

I agree, I don’t care if you took the shot or not. If you took it then you should be protected from me, if I took it I should be protected from you. If neither of us got the shot then we know the risk, if we both got the shot we are both protected. There is truly only one way to get the numbers down, unless your extremely sick stop getting tested.
I literally don't care what happens to pjdoug. So I definitely wouldn't ask him to take the shot. I wouldn't tell him not to go play in traffic, or jump out of an airplane without a chute. Let people make their own life choices. Covid isn't going away until it mutates into a fast spreading form that is less deadly, IMO.