Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bud Mackey Arrested On Cocaine Charges
This is shocking, but he has had a history of run ins with the Police, this might be the last straw here for him. Heres the link.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...96/LOCAL11
Heard about this yesterday. Such a shame.
Wow, this is very shocking...when you have something good and have a good future why would you go and do something stupid like this.
You can also go on to ESPN.com and it is on the front page under all of the big stories of the day. This is truely shocking and Mackey just ruined his life, he will be facing prison time.
Call me stupid...lol...but who is this guy and where does he play?
GRIZZ Wrote:Call me stupid...lol...but who is this guy and where does he play?
Bud Mackey was a guard for Scott County High School. He helped lead them to a state championship last season, as well as a national ranking. He was a top 30 recruit in this year's class and had committed to play for Indiana.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Bud Mackey was a guard for Scott County High School. He helped lead them to a state championship last season, as well as a national ranking. He was a top 30 recruit in this year's class and had committed to play for Indiana.

Well I would say he is going to lose his scholarship to IU. Depending if he serves time in the slammer or not he may be able to go to a JUCO and sign on with another team later. Its a shame that kids don't take advantage of the opprotunities they have, get mixed up in the wrong crowds and basically lose everything by making stupid choices.
Another great career down the drain.All because of drugs. Such a waste.
Pathetic. I hate when players do these dumb things.
Oh well..Just another waste of talent! I might could see that it was a mistake with weed, BUT COCAINE....That is no mistake! UNFORGIVABLE!
Look at the good side though, At least he wasen't going to UK.
This is terrible. Drugs have taken over this world!! Such a waste, now this young man has ruined his career. What is is going to take to open up peoples eyes??????:confused: :confused: :confused:
His playing days are 100% over.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Is he eighteen yet? And also I wonder if he will play his senoir year now. That takes a lot of stock out of the Scott Co. Game at the Expo.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Is he eighteen yet? And also I wonder if he will play his senoir year now. That takes a lot of stock out of the Scott Co. Game at the Expo.

Yes he was 18.

There's no way he'll see the court for Scott County this year if ANY court, outside of the slammer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I didnt see what else he was in trouble for..ESPN didnt say anything about him ever being in trouble..what else has he done?? Yeah, he's 18, and screwed..nobody will take a chance on him. Even if he escapes serious time..
I hope for the sake of all the young kids coming up after him that they see this and take him as an example of what not to be.
The Scott County judge needs to make an example of Mackey for the sake of the children who look up to him(Mackey).
when did this happen? He is CRAZY!!!! why would someone who has that kind of talent want to take the risk of losing a D-1 scholarship and possibly not ever being able to play the game again for any school
WVUfan33 Wrote:when did this happen? He is CRAZY!!!! why would someone who has that kind of talent want to take the risk of losing a D-1 scholarship and possibly not ever being able to play the game again for any school
That's what Cocaine will do to you.
Mackey's court date is set for October 16th, the day after official practice starts for all schools around the state. As the old saying goes he is up the creek without a paddle.
Another note about his situation, he was released on $10,000 bond on Saturday.
id say this has ended his chances at his d-1 opportunities
im gonna have to go with rick james on this one lol
haha, I was actually going to delete this post because it didn't make sense, but I am not going to because I know now exactly what this means, lmao thats a good one.Big Grin

sloppyseconds Wrote:im gonna have to go with rick james on this one lol
-STATS- Wrote:haha, I was actually going to delete this post because it didn't make sense, but I am not going to because I know now exactly what this means, lmao thats a good one.Big Grin

This is another kid that has made a horrible mistake. We do not know this child and his home life. We do not know what he goes through everyday of his life. This could be good in a way. It might be the straw that breaks the camels back.

We all need to pray for this boy to overcome this, to live right and I hope that we can see him play again. Kids make mistakes, and from what I have heard he has made a lot of them. I hope he can learn from this one.

If history repeats itself we just might see him at Pikeville College in the future. Smile

I don't think so because they have a new coach now trying to run a top notch program.
This is an absolute shame...Bud has amazing talent..jus terrible to most likely have thrown it down the drain
Sad that students with the talent he had would throw it all away just for a little bit of cash, Why couldn't he have sold boot legged DVD's or worked for local residents?
NOT VERY SMART! I dont kno the entire story or why he was doing it, but it seems to me as if his teammates or family should have known something about it and stopped him.
Stupid mistake.
Will Bud be playing for Scott County this year or not?