Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop Sycamore (OH)@ Johnson Central (Canceled)
Bishop Sycamore from Ohio will travel to Johnson Central to take on the Golden Eagles and the top team in Class 4A. Johnson Central needs no introduction as they are the team to beat year in and year out. I look for a hungry bunch of eagles that didn't get to play due to covid to step all over this Ohio squad. 

Johnson Central 56
Bishop Sycamore 0

Who you got?
The Eagles should roll in this one 49-7.
IDK anything about the OH team but we all know the history down in Johnson County

JC huge Ohio team wont keep up

62-0
Bishop Sycamore is not a bad team. They play one of the top schedules in the country. The team was 0-6 last season, with five of those losses coming against teams ranked by CalPreps in the nation's top 1000 and the other loss against a team ranked in the top 2000 teams. This season, they lost to CalPrep's second-ranked team in Ohio, Archbishop Hoban, 38-0, and to Sto-Rox of Pennsylvania 19-7. 

Bishop Sycamore's schedule strength would rank second to Trinity's if they played in Kentucky. The nation's 6th ranked team, Duncanville, TX, and 14th ranked team, St. Francis Academy of Baltimore are on Bishop Sycamore's schedule. The team ranked closest to Bishop Sycamore in Kentucky is Scott County.

If Johnson Central puts a running clock on Bishop Sycamore, then I will be surprised.

JC 42 Bishop Sycamore 21
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-29-2021, 12:29 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Bishop Sycamore is not a bad team. They play one of the top schedules in the country. The team was 0-6 last season, with five of those losses coming against teams ranked by CalPreps in the nation's top 1000 and the other loss against a team ranked in the top 2000 teams. This season, they lost to CalPrep's second-ranked team in Ohio, Archbishop Hoban, 38-0, and to Sto-Rox of Pennsylvania 19-7. 

Bishop Sycamore's schedule strength would rank second to Trinity's if they played in Kentucky. The nation's 6th ranked team, Duncanville, TX, and 14th ranked team, St. Francis Academy of Baltimore are on Bishop Sycamore's schedule. The team ranked closest to Bishop Sycamore in Kentucky is Scott County.

If Johnson Central puts a running clock on Bishop Sycamore, then I will be surprised.

JC 42 Bishop Sycamore 21

WOW. Thanks for that bit of information, just shows how losses can be deceiving for a team. Good luck Johnson Central!
JC is made of iron! They will rush 600
Yds, and run the clock on a weak Ohio team…
Jc 58-
Weak Ohio team- 0
(08-29-2021, 12:32 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 12:29 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Bishop Sycamore is not a bad team. They play one of the top schedules in the country. The team was 0-6 last season, with five of those losses coming against teams ranked by CalPreps in the nation's top 1000 and the other loss against a team ranked in the top 2000 teams. This season, they lost to CalPrep's second-ranked team in Ohio, Archbishop Hoban, 38-0, and to Sto-Rox of Pennsylvania 19-7. 

JC 42 Bishop Sycamore 21

WOW. Thanks for that bit of information, just shows how losses can be deceiving for a team. Good luck Johnson Central!
JC played Bishop Sycamore a few years ago and won pretty easily but Bishop Sycamore had some good talent then but not much depth as I recall. Scores can be misleading too, without knowing when the points were scored and whether there was a running clock. I doubt that there are only 38 points separating Bishop Sycamore and Hoban. My guess is Hoban played a lot of players and called off the dogs early.
Bishop Sycamore will be playing host to IMG Academy today at 1:30 on ESPN. I’m curious to see the team they have fielded this season. As someone eluded to, they do play a very difficult schedule against some of the nation’s top programs. In 2019, I believe there were 6 players who all had FBS offers at the time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Elliot Stabler's post:
  • GOREDDEVILS
I did a little more research and found that Hoban led Bishop Sycamore 10-0 at halftime. Bishop Sycamore is a quality opponent that may not win a game this season because of their extremely tough schedule. Johnson Central is the second lowest-rated team on their schedule according to CalPreps and Bishop Sycamore has already lost to the worst team on their schedule. They have to be looking at the game with JC as their best chance of winning a game.
  • Bull got out!
The Golden Eagles
Bishop Sycamore is in trouble today and next weekend.
Bishop Sycamore is not a bad team but they are playing CalPrep's #2 nationally ranked team. IMG Academy would be heavily favored over Trinity. CalPreps shows that Bishop Sycamore lost 19-7 Friday night. It is insane to play on Friday night and then play the nation's second-ranked team on Sunday. This team is going to be very banged up when they play Johnson Central.
Yes, they will be sore for sure.
ESPN's announcer said that Bishop Sycamore's only game had been the loss against Archbishop Hoban. I confirmed that Bishop Sycamore traveled to Pittsburgh Friday night and lost to Sto-Rox 19-7. I wonder if the coach decided to hide that fact from ESPN?

The IMG-Bishop Sycamore game has been delayed because of bad weather. I think that IMG led 21-0 late in the 1st quarter when the game was delayed. CalPreps lists 16 D1 recruits on IMG's roster. The game should never have been scheduled. Making a long road trip and then playing a much, much better team two days later is a good way to lose several players for the season.
I heard that too. I wonder the same thing. I would schedule to suit my team, IMG unreal. But being on tv, maybe they are looking to attract players or something, but man dont get your players hurt physically and mentally.
ESPN isn’t happy with Bishop Sycamore. They lied about having several D1 players. Their coach schedules two games in one weekend??? They’re not even apart of the OHSAA. Most folks in Ohio have never heard of them. IMG was shredding them today and BS coach refused to allow a running clock.

Johnson Central folks, do yourselves a favor and Twitter search Bishop Sycamore. You’ll find out a lot of interesting information.
“IMG Academy’s opponent? A small school named Bishop Sycamore, an online charter school from Ohio. If that school doesn’t ring any bells, you’re not alone here. And yet, Bishop Sycamore played IMG Academy — likely the No. 1 high school team in the country — on ESPN’s main channel on Sunday, and were destroyed 58-0.

How did we get to this point, you ask? Well apparently, Bishop Sycamore lied its way into this game by stating they had D1 prospects (they don’t) and naming players who don’t even go to the school in their press release.”

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/08/espn-im...l-football
ESPN didn't do its homework but Bishop Sycamore is not a bad team. They only trailed Ohio 2nd ranked team 10-0 before losing 38-0. I was able to find that Bishop Sycamore had no returning D1 recruits and had already played a road game Friday night in Pittsburgh without much effort. ESPN's announcers were unaware that the Centurions were playing their second game in less than three days. There is no team in the country that would have stayed close to IMG with one day to rest and prepare for the game.

Johnson Central has played Bishop Sycamore before and I am sure that their staff understands the nature of the team that they will be playing. They have some good, gutsy athletes but there was no excuse for them scheduling a team like IMG with no time to prepare. Actually, there would be no excuse for them, or any team in Kentucky to schedule IMG at all. IMG has 20 players listed in ESPN's top 300, including some of the top recruits in the nation and they had some impressive players coming off the bench. I hope that Bishop Sycamore recovers well enough to give Johnson Central a competitive game this week.
JC folks need to take the time to read this thread from this Ohio Football message board:

http://yappi.com/forum/index.php?threads...ng.342364/

Lots of wild claims and uncertainty around the legitimacy of that program.
(08-30-2021, 12:43 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: ESPN didn't do its homework but Bishop Sycamore is not a bad team. They only trailed Ohio 2nd ranked team 10-0 before losing 38-0. I was able to find that Bishop Sycamore had no returning D1 recruits and had already played a road game Friday night in Pittsburgh without much effort. ESPN's announcers were unaware that the Centurions were playing their second game in less than three days. There is no team in the country that would have stayed close to IMG with one day to rest and prepare for the game.

Johnson Central has played Bishop Sycamore before and I am sure that their staff understands the nature of the team that they will be playing. They have some good, gutsy athletes but there was no excuse for them scheduling a team like IMG with no time to prepare. Actually, there would be no excuse for them, or any team in Kentucky to schedule IMG at all. IMG has 20 players listed in ESPN's top 300, including some of the top recruits in the nation and they had some impressive players coming off the bench. I hope that Bishop Sycamore recovers well enough to give Johnson Central a competitive game this week.
I get that JC wants to play football next Friday, but shouldn’t folks at JCHS be concerned about who they’re playing? Will BS even provide you guys with a roster? They’ve played 3 games in two weeks. They apparently didn’t even warm up or practice plays before they played Hoban (OH). Brought more players out that weren’t on one team bus during parts of the game. 

They’ve claimed to have a varsity and post grad teams with 100+ players that included 26 D1 guys. Yet only 25ish players showed up in the first game and the team was also given the jerseys in the parking lot right before the game. The roster given to Hoban had names but no numbers and the roster wasn’t even accurate. What’s even worse is apparently there’s a former JUCO player on the team that had some power 5 D1 offers, but couldn’t cut it at the JUCO level and now plays for Bishop Sycamore. 

JC may win by as much as they want, but know that you all have no idea who you’re playing unless they give a accurate roster to y’all with matching names, numbers, and grade.

My best guess is that some investigating is going to happen this week finding out some interesting information about BS thanks to that crap show ESPN agreed to air earlier today.
(08-30-2021, 01:39 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(08-30-2021, 12:43 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: ESPN didn't do its homework but Bishop Sycamore is not a bad team. They only trailed Ohio 2nd ranked team 10-0 before losing 38-0. I was able to find that Bishop Sycamore had no returning D1 recruits and had already played a road game Friday night in Pittsburgh without much effort. ESPN's announcers were unaware that the Centurions were playing their second game in less than three days. There is no team in the country that would have stayed close to IMG with one day to rest and prepare for the game.

I get that JC wants to play football next Friday, but shouldn’t folks at JCHS be concerned about who they’re playing? Will BS even provide you guys with a roster? They’ve played 3 games in two weeks. They apparently didn’t even warm up or practice plays before they played Hoban (OH). Brought more players out that weren’t on one team bus during parts of the game. 

They’ve claimed to have a varsity and post grad teams with 100+ players that included 26 D1 guys. Yet only 25ish players showed up in the first game and the team was also given the jerseys in the parking lot right before the game. The roster given to Hoban had names but no numbers and the roster wasn’t even accurate. What’s even worse is apparently there’s a former JUCO player on the team that had some power 5 D1 offers, but couldn’t cut it at the JUCO level and now plays for Bishop Sycamore. 

JC may win by as much as they want, but know that you all have no idea who you’re playing unless they give a accurate roster to y’all with matching names, numbers, and grade.

My best guess is that some investigating is going to happen this week finding out some interesting information about BS thanks to that crap show ESPN agreed to air earlier today.
I'm not associated with JC, so the responsibility to find out who they are playing is not mine. I would not be so quick to believe that everything you read on a high school football forum is true. If you review my posts, then you will see that I raised the question of whether BS might have failed to disclose to ESPN that they had played on Friday night. Bull Got Out noticed the omission too. That Friday night game was listed on the CalPreps website and no returning D1 players were listed for BS either. I am surprised that nobody from ESPN verified the information that Bishop Sycamore provided to them.

As for the eligibility of the BS players, I don't think that is something that JC has a responsibility to investigate. Unless there is a rule against JC playing an out-of-state private school, I don't understand why you are so concerned. BS played JC when JC was having trouble scheduling in-state teams willing to play home and away series. Coach Matney may feel an obligation to return the favor, but as I said - I am not affiliated with the JC program. I trust Jim Matney to do what is right for the program and will not be second-guessing his scheduling decisions.
  • BlackcatAlum
I’m not necessarily concerned for JC. I went down the rabbit hole of information or lack thereof Bishop Sycamore just like thousands across the country did yesterday. 

The main problem I have with BS and their handlers is that they have lied and been sketchy about what it looks like to be everything. They as far as to put the health and safety of their team on the line by scheduling two games within 48 hours of each other, but claim they have a national post grad team and a varsity team. Yet it’s already been confirmed they used many of the same players in both games.

Yes ESPN dropped the ball big time by not doing their own research, but they’ve called out the scam that is Bishop Sycamore during the broadcast of the IMG game and Tom Luganbill & Anish Shroff also called them out publicly on Twitter.

They're sketchy, but like I posted earlier, they’ll likely be investigated further because it’s gained national attention now and the facts will come out.
(08-30-2021, 07:38 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: I’m not necessarily concerned for JC. I went down the rabbit hole of information or lack thereof Bishop Sycamore just like thousands across the country did yesterday. 

The main problem I have with BS and their handlers is that they have lied and been sketchy about what it looks like to be everything. They as far as to put the health and safety of their team on the line by scheduling two games within 48 hours of each other, but claim they have a national post grad team and a varsity team. Yet it’s already been confirmed they used many of the same players in both games.

Yes ESPN dropped the ball big time by not doing their own research, but they’ve called out the scam that is Bishop Sycamore during the broadcast of the IMG game and Tom Luganbill & Anish Shroff also called them out publicly on Twitter.

They're sketchy, but like I posted earlier, they’ll likely be investigated further because it’s gained national attention now and the facts will come out.
ESPN seemed more concerned that they had a blowout on their hands than anything else. I am sure that they will show plenty of concern for the players after the fact. I am not a fan of ESPN and normally do not watch it. I subscribed to a two-day free trial of YouTube TV to watch the game yesterday, then immediately canceled my subscription after the game. Nobody exploits amateur athletes any more than ESPN.

I don't disagree with your assessment of Bishop Sycamore but they apparently lied to take advantage of an opportunity dangled by ESPN and they placed a payday over the welfare of their players. The world would be a better place without ESPN and Bishop Sycamore, IMO. I miss the days when being a high school athlete meant playing for your local high school and most athletes played multiple sports.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, Granny Bear
I sincerely don't know, that's why I am asking.... JC going to be able to play this weekend? I asked cause Madison Southern canceled their game last Friday and already has for this Friday (2 weeks). JC did not find out their situation till Wednesday, so how long does a team have to "quarantine, then all clear to come back? Thanks.
Bishop Sycamore???? Why doesn't the BEAST OF THE EAST play one of the GCL teams or some big time program out of Columbus? Want some comp, go get some.
This sounds like such a strange situation. I don’t really understand the motive behind Bishop Sycamore’s decisions. I understand wanting the publicity of being on ESPN but they had to know that IMG was going to destroy them. That kind of humiliating loss on National tv doesn’t make kids want to beat down the door to play there.

Regardless JC just has to play the team that lines up across from them. Their main priority should be to get a chance to compete as many times as possible this season and improve each week. With Covid teams are going to have to take what they can get when it comes to scheduling.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister D's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
The motive is easy. The coaches were paid to play IMG. Johnson Central should cancel this game right now and schedule a legitimate opponent this week.
Scheduling a game for JC in this short of a time frame will be next to impossible. IMO.
(08-30-2021, 09:33 PM)Old guy Wrote: Scheduling a game for JC in this short of a time frame will be next to impossible. IMO.
I agree
They played IMG two years in a row.. Also Bishop Sycamore is trending #3 on twitter...#3!!!!!