Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. X 24 - Trinity 15
Final Score.
Score is no indication on how the game went. St. X came out and dominated Trinity the whole game. All 37,550 at the game would have to agree. St. X has a real good RB named Deuce #7, he rammed it down Trinity's throat all game long. Trinity's QB is very elusive and has a strong arm, but no matter how good he is, his talent couldn't make up for the amount of time he had to throw. St. X dominated the line play and the UK signee #92 for the Tigers made several big plays. The only sour note about the game was several of the Trinity fans using the most obscene language I've ever heard with little kids sitting right in front of me and my buddies. If quit for a little while after the kids parent went up and told them to hush but sure enough after they got down 14-3 it started back up again. At the half we switched over to St. X's side and their fans were much easier to get along with and were no way close to the way Trinity's fans were. On a side note, I represented St. X in the Marine Pull-Up challenge and set the record for the day out of all the participants.
wow..looks like its St.X back on top of KY football
:omg: 37,550 fans at a high school game. WOW!!! I bet they made some major $$$$ there tonight. Thats $188,000 in just ticket sales, not counting the concession stand. Unbelievable!!!
Crossbones Wrote::omg: 37,550 fans at a high school game. WOW!!!I bet they made some major $$$$ there tonight. Thats $188,000 in just ticket sales, not counting the concession stand. Unbelievable!!!

I was kinda in shock when they announced the final numbers. At the start of the game there was probably only 20,000 then the rest seemed to pile in after tail gating midway through the first. They said it was the game that drew the biggest crowd in the country and I would have to agree after seeing it tonight. Nothing but a sea of yellow and green mixed in with a few empty red chairs. If you ever have a chance to check out this game I would reccomend it. This made my second trip to the game and I think I'm going to make it an every year thing. Both teams could probably give some of the NAIA schools a run for their money. They were big, fast, strong, and dressed about 90 players each. St. X just come out and jumped on the Rocks early after losing to them the past two seasons and Trinity was never able to recover. I would guess that the gate brought in more than that. General admission was 8 dollars and then they had reserved seats for each school that went for $15 dollars. Some high rollers for each team were sitting in the big luxury boxes. Concessions I would say they made a killing. $5 for a bag of peanuts, $7 dollars for a mini Papa Johns' pizza, and $3 for a bottle of water.
Not shocked! X is the best team in the state hands down!!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Not shocked! X is the best team in the state hands down!!
When we said we were shocked, we were talking about the attendance, not the score. Just to clairify things a little.:Thumbs:
GRIZZ Wrote:I was kinda in shock when they announced the final numbers. At the start of the game there was probably only 20,000 then the rest seemed to pile in after tail gating midway through the first. They said it was the game that drew the biggest crowd in the country and I would have to agree after seeing it tonight. Nothing but a sea of yellow and green mixed in with a few empty red chairs. If you ever have a chance to check out this game I would reccomend it. This made my second trip to the game and I think I'm going to make it an every year thing. Both teams could probably give some of the NAIA schools a run for their money. They were big, fast, strong, and dressed about 90 players each. St. X just come out and jumped on the Rocks early after losing to them the past two seasons and Trinity was never able to recover. I would guess that the gate brought in more than that. General admission was 8 dollars and then they had reserved seats for each school that went for $15 dollars. Some high rollers for each team were sitting in the big luxury boxes. Concessions I would say they made a killing. $5 for a bag of peanuts, $7 dollars for a mini Papa Johns' pizza, and $3 for a bottle of water.
I was just using the basic $5 ticket price, at $8 and $15, just guessing that would be around $350,000 just in ticket sales. For a high school game.:eek:
Crossbones Wrote:I was just using the basic $5 ticket price, at $8 and $15, just guessing that would be around $350,000 just in ticket sales. For a high school game.:eek:

I was talking to someone to ask and see what they done with the gate that they brought in, I didn't know if one team kept it one year and then the other the following. He said after the two schools pay for renting out PJCS they divide the rest as evenly as possible.
does anyone know how seth harvey did??
he used to go to russell with me and i wanted to check up on the big guy
where was this game played at?
The game was at Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium. What team does Seth Harvey play for and what position?
GRIZZ Wrote:The game was at Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium. What team does Seth Harvey play for and what position?

is that away for both teams?
They alternate who is the home team each season, but they keep the same sidelines. Trinity for the past two seasons have been on the sideline with the press box and St. X was just across the way.
Best Team for a 6A school!
russelldevils54 Wrote:does anyone know how seth harvey did??
he used to go to russell with me and i wanted to check up on the big guy

Seth played well. Had several big blocks that helped open up holes. Missed a block or two but overall played very, very well.
Tickets were $8 and $10.
I'm just curious as to what team Seth plays for. I've been looking for his name in the starting lineup the paper had Friday morning but cannot find it. You are right though tickets weren't 15 for reserve, they were 8 for general admission and 12 for reserves according to the paper. I thought that is what the sign read when we all bought ours on the Floyd St. side.
thought the thread was about the game instead of how much everyyhing was but ok lol
this was a good game i personally thought Trinity would win this one. Ive heard alot of things about there quarterback
Gotta love the X. I knew you guys would take the win.
GRIZZ Wrote:I'm just curious as to what team Seth plays for. I've been looking for his name in the starting lineup the paper had Friday morning but cannot find it. You are right though tickets weren't 15 for reserve, they were 8 for general admission and 12 for reserves according to the paper. I thought that is what the sign read when we all bought ours on the Floyd St. side.

Seth was #76 ROT for St X he doesn't start but alternates with the senior in front of him. Senior 2 series, Seth 2 series, etc...