Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
# 2 Johnson Central @ #6 Lexington Catholic 8/27 (Cancelled)
#2 Johnson Central and # 6 Lexington Catholic will square off in Lexington this Friday in a battle of the class 4A top 10 matchup. Last year Lexington Catholic lost in a high scoring playoff game to eventual State Champion Boyle County 49-41. Johnson Central was stunned at home against Franklin County 20-12. Johnson Central looked might impressive in there win against Henry Clay as that offense got off to a nice start. Lexington Catholic had nice game with Ryle. 

#2 Johnson Central 28
#6 Lexington Catholic 14

Who you got?
In past seasons, Lexington Catholic has struggled with Johnson Central's physical line play. Johnson Central's defense will improve as the season progresses but at this point, they may not be up to shutting down Lexington Catholic's passing game. Lexington Catholic returns its QB for his senior season, its leading rusher, and its leading receiver from last season. I am guessing that LexCath must believe that it will be better able to compete with JC on the LOS based on the fact that this game is on the schedule.

Johnson Central 54
Lexington Catholic 28
Lexington Catholic much win the coin flipped an not refer. like Corbin did last year. lol!! Just saying

Johnson Central 24
Lexington Catholic 21
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
JC will rush for 500… lex cath won’t score but a few.
I like JC to win by a few scores... 35-17.
This has been announced as the KSR Kroger game of the week....

[Image: https://cdn.bluegrasspreps.com/uploads/a...e5239c.jpg]
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
(08-22-2021, 04:02 PM)64SUR Wrote: Lexington Catholic much win the coin flipped an not refer. like Corbin did last year. lol!! Just saying

Johnson Central 24
Lexington Catholic 21

*defer 64.

I think JC wins but I don't think it will be a rout.
[Image: https://on3static.com/uploads/dev/assets...24x538.png]
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pulp Fiction's post:
  • Bull got out!
I am going with Johnson Central in this one.
This should be telling for both teams, if it’s a route either way then someone’s a pretender. If Lex Cath can throw the ball on JC and slow the run game down they have a really good chance. If JC moves the chains consistently then it’s not gonna matter.
Central’s offense, running behind The Raging Bull, Grant Bingham, and the rest of The Pancake Platoon will give Catholic fits.
Catholic will score, but not near enough.
Central 55
Catholic 20
deleted
Johnson Central
Lex Cath will try to turn this into a BIG 12 type game. JC wins 49-38.

I think JC gets off to a slow start as they will need to deal with another 2.5 hr bus ride; plus, the game will not start until 9:00. The combination of the 2, may throw off their mojo early in the game. Ultimately, their run-heavy offense will be too much for LC to overcome.

One more thought; Because of the heat index on Friday, I would not be surprised if both games of the Bluegrass Bowl are cancelled altogether. 

Obviously, safety of players always comes to mind, but also need to health and well being of the fans. 

It will be interesting to see if Fayette County Board of Health weighs in.
The Eagles will pound the ball and wear the boys from Lexington down. JC will control the game, and tempo, from start to finish.

Johnson Central 42
Lexington Cath 21
Gilded Birds - 36
Altar Boyz - 13
Just seen that all football things at JC have been stopped due to an outbreak of Covid at the school which affected the football team.
jc may be forfitting because of covid
(08-24-2021, 11:37 PM)mr yellow jacket Wrote: jc may be forfitting because of covid
wow
As of now, game is still a go. Players that were exposed are isolating. No practice yesterday.
Hope all is well for JC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Westside
(08-25-2021, 10:03 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Hope all is well for JC.

I agree.  I hope all is well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-24-2021, 11:18 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: Just seen that all football things at JC have been stopped due to an outbreak of Covid at the school which affected the football team.
I’m not sure where you’re getting your information from. We just played your Bulldogs in a middle school game last night.  
We’ve had ONE kid that tested positive and he’s away from the team. We did cancel practice yesterday but that was just out of caution. Who’s your source?
I thought I heard that JC was staying in Lexington to cut the cost of travel and bus fees. Regardless hope all is well with them this week and further on.
I hope this is just a rumor. I'd hate to see the Eagles miss out on the chance at another state title that their primed to get. Hope all is well.
Johnson Central is out. Lex Cath will be playing Pulaski County.
(08-25-2021, 02:18 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: Johnson Central is out. Lex Cath will be playing Pulaski County.
Wow, I'm saddened for the student- athletes. Get well JC and come back sooner and stronger and maybe make that run to Kroger.
How will forfeiting to LC, effect Central’s playoff run? Absolutely nothing.
Eagles 35-21
(08-25-2021, 11:11 AM)Coach Booth Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 11:18 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: Just seen that all football things at JC have been stopped due to an outbreak of Covid at the school which affected the football team.
I’m not sure where you’re getting your information from. We just played your Bulldogs in a middle school game last night.  
We’ve had ONE kid that tested positive and he’s away from the team. We did cancel practice yesterday but that was just out of caution. Who’s your source?
What was score of middle school game?