•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Afghanistan
(08-23-2021, 02:09 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 12:46 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 10:59 AM)The Outsider Wrote: https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/ser...00389.html

I served in Afghanistan as a US Marine, twice. Here’s the truth in two sentences.

One: For 20 years, politicians, elites and D.C. military leaders lied to us about Afghanistan.

Two: What happened last week was inevitable, and anyone saying differently is still lying to you.

led a team of Marines training Iraqi security forces to defend their country. When I arrived I received a “stoplight” chart on their supposed capabilities in dozens of missions and responsibilities. Green meant they were good. Yellow was needed improvement; red said they couldn’t do it at all.

I was delighted to see how far along they were on paper — until I actually began working with them. I attempted to adjust the charts to reflect reality and was quickly shut down. The ratings could not go down. That was the deal. It was the kind of lie that kept the war going.

So when people ask me if we made the right call getting out of Afghanistan in 2021, I answer truthfully: Absolutely not. The right call was getting out in 2002. 2003. Every year we didn’t get out was another year the Taliban used to refine their skills and tactics against us — the best fighting force in the world. After two decades, $2 trillion and nearly 2,500 American lives lost, 2021 was way too late to make the right call.
I agree with much of what you said above but the chaotic way in which we are exiting Afghanistan was not inevitable. We have extracted American civilians from war zones before and in modern American history, the extraction was never as poorly planned and executed as this one has been. That was entirely avoidable. Joe Biden has a long history of lying to make himself look good. When multiple members of his own cabinet and military contradict him in public, I tend to believe that Biden is lying again.
When have we exited successfully?   

Iraq was a mess, Vietnam was a mess...

Good Lord... a guy who believed Trump is calling somebody a liar.  Dodgy

Hooter, I've read several conservatives have their hair on fire now there is a threat of Afghan refugees being accepted here.  Where do you stand? 

I know where you stood? 

Are you with Ducey, Hutchinson, Hogan, McMaster, Cox, Reynolds, Stitt, Scott, or are you with the right-wing pundits who whining about refugees?
You are dead wrong and you are lying again. Never have so many American civilians been in as much peril when we exited a war as there are now in Afghanistan. The exit from Saigon was anything but smooth but the people on rooftops trying to grasp helicopters were South Vietnamese citizens who had worked with our military, not Americans. We owe those who worked to support our military a rescue too, but American civilians should always be the priority for the American government.

That being said, Afghanis should be thoroughly vetted already before being granted access to this country and that goes for any refugees moving to the U.S. Otherwise, we risk granting refuge to al Qaeda operatives, who are already free to cross our southern border thanks to Joe Biden.
(08-23-2021, 03:08 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 10:59 AM)The Outsider Wrote: https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/ser...00389.html

I served in Afghanistan as a US Marine, twice. Here’s the truth in two sentences.

One: For 20 years, politicians, elites and D.C. military leaders lied to us about Afghanistan.

Two: What happened last week was inevitable, and anyone saying differently is still lying to you.

led a team of Marines training Iraqi security forces to defend their country. When I arrived I received a “stoplight” chart on their supposed capabilities in dozens of missions and responsibilities. Green meant they were good. Yellow was needed improvement; red said they couldn’t do it at all.

I was delighted to see how far along they were on paper — until I actually began working with them. I attempted to adjust the charts to reflect reality and was quickly shut down. The ratings could not go down. That was the deal. It was the kind of lie that kept the war going.

So when people ask me if we made the right call getting out of Afghanistan in 2021, I answer truthfully: Absolutely not. The right call was getting out in 2002. 2003. Every year we didn’t get out was another year the Taliban used to refine their skills and tactics against us — the best fighting force in the world. After two decades, $2 trillion and nearly 2,500 American lives lost, 2021 was way too late to make the right call.
I agree with much of what you said above but the chaotic way in which we are exiting Afghanistan was not inevitable. We have extracted American civilians from war zones before and in modern American history, the extraction was never as poorly planned and executed as this one has been. That was entirely avoidable. Joe Biden has a long history of lying to make himself look good. When multiple members of his own cabinet and military contradict him in public, I tend to believe that Biden is lying again.

Hooter, I've read several conservatives have their hair on fire now there is a threat of Afghan refugees being accepted here.  Where do you stand? 

I know where you stood? 

Are you with Ducey, Hutchinson, Hogan, McMaster, Cox, Reynolds, Stitt, Scott, or are you with the right-wing pundits who whining about refugees?
You are dead wrong and you are lying again. Never have so many American civilians been in as much peril when we exited a war as there are now in Afghanistan. The exit from Saigon was anything but smooth but the people on rooftops trying to grasp helicopters were South Vietnamese citizens who had worked with our military, not Americans. We owe those who worked to support our military a rescue too, but American civilians should always be the priority for the American government.

That being said, Afghanis should be thoroughly vetted already before being granted access to this country and that goes for any refugees moving to the U.S. Otherwise, we risk granting refuge to al Qaeda operatives, who are already free to cross our southern border thanks to Joe Biden.
Do you know what the meaning of lying is?  You seem to throw that in there is if  you have bizarre case of typing tourettes. 

so you agree every time we leave an extended military/nation-building engagement we have a mess on our hands.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cardfan1's post:
  • Gitback Coach

I know where you stood? 

"but the people on rooftops trying to grasp helicopters were South Vietnamese citizens who had worked with our military, not Americans. We owe those who worked to support our military a rescue too, but American civilians should always be the priority for the American government."
You sure those was Americans Quooter and would like to see your evidence it's not that i think you would lie but you have been caught up in a couple well let's say more than a couple.
[-] The following 2 users Like vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1, Gitback Coach
(08-23-2021, 03:55 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

I know where you stood? 

Do you know what the meaning of lying is?  You seem to throw that in there is if  you have bizarre case of typing tourettes. 

so you agree every time we leave an extended military/nation-building engagement we have a mess on our hands.
Calling the current situation a mess is an insult to messes. The current situation is unprecedented. Never has extraction of American citizens been botched as badly as Biden has botched this one. The Iran hostage incident was a mess and Carter undermined the Iranian government but the number of hostages was dwarfed by the Americans who currently have no safe path home in Afghanistan.

Arguing this point is one of the more idiotic things that you have done. Even the mainstream media and many Democrat politicians are heavily criticizing Biden's handling of the withdrawal. Yet you act as if the criticism is part of some right-wing conspiracy. The potential violence against unarmed American civilians in Afghanistan is unprecedented. Even if Biden manages to pull a rabbit out of his hat, there really is no denying that he has screwed up big time. But please, continue to make a fool of yourself. Maybe you will be Biden's last defender when his party tells him that it is time for one last trip to Delaware.
(08-23-2021, 04:32 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 12:46 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I agree with much of what you said above but the chaotic way in which we are exiting Afghanistan was not inevitable. We have extracted American civilians from war zones before and in modern American history, the extraction was never as poorly planned and executed as this one has been. That was entirely avoidable. Joe Biden has a long history of lying to make himself look good. When multiple members of his own cabinet and military contradict him in public, I tend to believe that Biden is lying again.

I know where you stood? 

Calling the current situation a mess is an insult to messes. The current situation is unprecedented. Never has extraction of American citizens been botched as badly as Biden has botched this one. The Iran hostage incident was a mess and Carter undermined the Iranian government but the number of hostages was dwarfed by the Americans who currently have no safe path home in Afghanistan.

Arguing this point is one of the more idiotic things that you have done. Even the mainstream media and many Democrat politicians are heavily criticizing Biden's handling of the withdrawal. Yet you act as if the criticism is part of some right-wing conspiracy. The potential violence against unarmed American civilians in Afghanistan is unprecedented. Even if Biden manages to pull a rabbit out of his hat, there really is no denying that he has screwed up big time. But please, continue to make a fool of yourself. Maybe you will be Biden's last defender when his party tells him that it is time for one last trip to Delaware.
Quooter need to get back to work don't waste my dime
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(08-23-2021, 04:37 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 02:09 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: When have we exited successfully?   

I know where you stood? 

Quooter need to get back to work don't waste my dime
You are the one who needs to get back to work and stop wasting my tax dollars, parasite.
(08-23-2021, 12:46 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I agree with much of what you said above but the chaotic way in which we are exiting Afghanistan was not inevitable. We have extracted American civilians from war zones before and in modern American history, the extraction was never as poorly planned and executed as this one has been. That was entirely avoidable. Joe Biden has a long history of lying to make himself look good. When multiple members of his own cabinet and military contradict him in public, I tend to believe that Biden is lying again.

I know where you stood? 

Maybe I will look stupid.  We can all look ignorant together as you have gone down in flames with the last administration: voter fraud, insurrection, science denying—-that’s just the past year.  

Biden has a mess.  See if he can clean it up. It was going to be a mess considering the time we had been there and Trump plan in place.   Maybe he will say give us 15 days and then another 15 days he can tell us it’s all going away and then he can tells us it will be gone in a month. Keep lying and moving the goalposts. 

I look forward to the Congressional investigation next year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cardfan1's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(08-23-2021, 09:28 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 02:09 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: When have we exited successfully?   

I know where you stood? 

Maybe I will look stupid.  We can all look ignorant together as you have gone down in flames with the last administration: voter fraud, insurrection, science denying—-that’s just the past year.  

Biden has a mess.  See if he can clean it up. It was going to be a mess considering the time we had been there and Trump plan in place.   Maybe he will say give us 15 days and then another 15 days he can tell us it’s all going away and then he can tells us it will be gone in a month. Keep lying and moving the goalposts. 

I look forward to the Congressional investigation next year.
What a clown! You do look stupid. Claiming all of Biden's failures are Trump's fault just solidifies your online legacy.
Quote:UPDATE: Statement from Former Acting DNI Richard Grenell — Same Official Who Lied about Hunter Biden’s Laptop and Was Fired by Trump Is Leading Joe Biden’s Afghanistan Evacuation Disaster

The same government official who said Hunter Biden’s laptop was a “Russian Op” and was later fired by Trump’s Acting Director of National Intelligence Richard Grenell is leading Joe Biden’s Afghanistan evacuation disaster.

Biden rehired Russell Travers and today he is leading Joe Biden’s disastrous and unintelligible Afghanistan evacuation plan.
The Biden administration's incompetence has created a foreign policy disaster. Afghanistan is blessed with some of the world's richest deposits of rare earth elements. China is rushing in to cut deals with the Taliban to exploit those deposits. Biden has handed the Chinese Communist Party another big win.

Quote:Newspaper headlines: MPs condemn US president, and Johnson 'humiliated'

[b]The Parliamentary debate on Afghanistan is the main story for most of the papers - with many focusing on the criticism aimed at Boris Johnson and Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab.[/b]

"Asleep at the wheel", is the headline in the Metro. For the Guardian, it's "Johnson humiliated".

The Guardian says the prime minister faced a wall of fury from all wings of the Conservative Party, with 11 former cabinet ministers among the dozens of MPs and peers expressing anger and frustration at the UK's failures in intelligence and preparation.

A number of papers also highlight anger at Joe Biden - with the Daily Telegraph headline: "Parliament holds the president in contempt". It describes the criticism as an unprecedented rebuke to a US president.

An unnamed cabinet minister tells the Times the US failure to realise that Afghanistan was on the brink of collapse shows that America is "looking inward and is unwilling to do even a modest amount to maintain global order".
The minister adds: "The US remains by far and away our most important ally, but we are not Washington's most important ally by some stretch."
Anytime you think the village idiots can't get worse they always do. No surprise they take up for Biden in Afghanistan, everyone already knew they would. You will never encounter dumber liars if you live to be 115...the good news is everyone with a higher IQ than a house plant knows they are the village idiots.
(08-23-2021, 11:22 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
Quote:Thanks to Joe Biden the Taliban Now has Over 200 Military Aircraft — Ranks them as #26 in List of Nations in Combat Aircraft Strength
Quooter didn't think I would ever say this but Thanks you are proving my point the military budget needs to be cut BIGLY

(08-24-2021, 12:46 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Anytime you think the village idiots can't get worse they always do. No surprise they take up for Biden in Afghanistan, everyone already knew they would. You will never encounter dumber liars if you live to be 115...the good news is everyone with a higher IQ than a house plant knows they are the village idiots.
Jet buy any China stuff lately ?
[-] The following 2 users Like vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1, Gitback Coach
Now the Trumpsters are worried about spending in Afghanistan 20 years to late wouldn't you say Quooter

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-r...d-millions
(08-24-2021, 08:09 AM)vector#1 Wrote:
Quote:Thanks to Joe Biden the Taliban Now has Over 200 Military Aircraft — Ranks them as #26 in List of Nations in Combat Aircraft Strength
Quooter didn't think I would ever say this but Thanks you are proving my point the military budget needs to be cut BIGLY

(08-24-2021, 12:46 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Anytime you think the village idiots can't get worse they always do. No surprise they take up for Biden in Afghanistan, everyone already knew they would. You will never encounter dumber liars if you live to be 115...the good news is everyone with a higher IQ than a house plant knows they are the village idiots.
Democrats' answer is to always cut defense spending and create new socialist entitlement programs for people too lazy to provide for themselves. The fact that Joe Biden has totally screwed up the withdrawal from Afghanistan and has abandoned more than $80 billion worth of military hardware to the Taliban is not a compelling argument to reduce spending on national defense.
(08-24-2021, 05:11 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Democrats' answer is to always cut defense spending and create new socialist entitlement programs for people too lazy to provide for themselves. The fact that Joe Biden has totally screwed up the withdrawal from Afghanistan and has abandoned more than $80 billion worth of military hardware to the Taliban is not a compelling argument to reduce spending on national defense.
Quooter after what we have seen what $2.26 trillion dollars can buy YES time to start cutting might as well set a match to that money. It's not just the $80 billion it's $2.26 trillion dammm can't you do simple math surely you and old rubik's could firgure that out
(08-24-2021, 05:32 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

Quooter after what we have seen what $2.26 trillion dollars can buy YES time to start cutting might as well set a match to that money. It's not just the $80 billion it's $2.26 trillion dammm can't you do simple math surely you and old rubik's could firgure that out
Joe Biden has put American national security at great risk through his gross incompetence and you played a role in giving him an opportunity to do so. The world is a much more dangerous place for Americans because Biden is president. The last thing that this country needs to do is slash defense spending. We already have a wide-open border with Mexico and thanks to China Joe, there is a very good chance that China will invade Taiwan on his watch. Biden should have already been impeached for his failure to control our border, so it is doubtful that Democrats will impeach and remove him from office over his latest self-inflicted disaster.

Modern warfare moves too fast for us to be caught unprepared to defend our nation, as we were when Pearl Harbor was attacked. We have too many people doing nothing and collecting entitlement checks already. We need the most intelligent, effective pro-American person calling the shots but what we have is a corrupt anti-American simpleton asking "How high?" when China and the Taliban tell him to jump, as he falls flat on his face.
(08-24-2021, 05:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 08:09 AM)vector#1 Wrote: Quooter didn't think I would ever say this but Thanks you are proving my point the military budget needs to be cut BIGLY

Joe Biden has put American national security at great risk through his gross incompetence and you played a role in giving him an opportunity to do so. The world is a much more dangerous place for Americans because Biden is president. The last thing that this country needs to do is slash defense spending. We already have a wide-open border with Mexico and thanks to China Joe, there is a very good chance that China will invade Taiwan on his watch. Biden should have already been impeached for his failure to control our border, so it is doubtful that Democrats will impeach and remove him from office over his latest self-inflicted disaster.

Modern warfare moves too fast for us to be caught unprepared to defend our nation, as we were when Pearl Harbor was attacked. We have too many people doing nothing and collecting entitlement checks already. We need the most intelligent, effective pro-American person calling the shots but what we have is a corrupt anti-American simpleton asking "How high?" when China and the Taliban tell him to jump, as he falls flat on his face.
Quooter do you have any clue how much $2.26 tillion dollars is ? It's been a waste nothing to argue about on that period. Now is it pretty getting them out no it's not pretty but this was going to happen no matter who was in charge just timing would change.
Quooter after trying to get the Americans out i would want to know who claimed those Ragheads would stay and fight.
(08-24-2021, 05:42 PM)jetpilot Wrote: https://twitter.com/johncardillo/status/...72/photo/1
China Jet January 15 2020 the troops in Afghanistan stood at 2,500 and that's what they was when President Biden started the pullout in August so what's your complaint China Jet ? President Biden was told or thought the Ragheads would stay and fight but they cut and run.

Timeline of U.S. Withdrawal from Afghanistan - FactCheck.org

China Jet and Quooter surely after you have seen what a waste of money this has been you would still leave the troops their and why ?
^^^Not a bit surprised you can't figure out what went wrong in Afghanistan.
(08-24-2021, 05:57 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 08:09 AM)vector#1 Wrote: Quooter didn't think I would ever say this but Thanks you are proving my point the military budget needs to be cut BIGLY

Quooter do you have any clue how much $2.26 tillion dollars is ? It's been a waste nothing to argue about on that period. Now is it pretty getting them out no it's not pretty but this was going to happen no matter who was in charge just timing would change.
Quooter after trying to get the Americans out i would want to know who claimed those Ragheads would stay and fight.
FYI, the term "Ragheads" is extremely racist and offensive. As I said in another thread, racism is alive and well in the party that birthed the Ku Klux Klan. An estimated 35,000 to 40,000 Afghan troops and police officers have been killed fighting the Taliban. Biden's failure to lead and work effectively with allies are largely responsible for the sudden collapse of the Afghan government.
(08-24-2021, 06:35 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 05:57 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 05:11 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Democrats' answer is to always cut defense spending and create new socialist entitlement programs for people too lazy to provide for themselves. The fact that Joe Biden has totally screwed up the withdrawal from Afghanistan and has abandoned more than $80 billion worth of military hardware to the Taliban is not a compelling argument to reduce spending on national defense.

FYI, the term "Ragheads" is extremely racist and offensive. As I said in another thread, racism is alive and well in the party that birthed the Ku Klux Klan. An estimated 35,000 to 40,000 Afghan troops and police officers have been killed fighting the Taliban. Biden's failure to lead and work effectively with allies are largely responsible for the sudden collapse of the Afghan government.
turban (from Persian دولبند‌, dulband; via Middle French turbant) is a type of headwear based on cloth winding. RAGS
Quooter sounds to me the 35,000 to 40,000 Afghan troops and police officers was all they had then. Somebody should of mentioned that to President Biden. A total waste of $2.26 trillion dollars.
(08-25-2021, 11:12 AM)vector#1 Wrote: Quooter look who loves your party
https://www.distractify.com/p/did-the-ta...orse-trump
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-e...SKBN12X2IG
Who cares? Is there a radical left-wing group that does not prefer the Democrat Party over the Republican Party? Joe Biden has made members of China's Communist Party celebrating his acceptance of bribes and work on their behalf. 

If you really believe that the Taliban preferred Trump over Biden after Biden essentially surrendered Afghanistan had began jumping through Taliban hoops, then you are even stupider than I previously thought.
(08-25-2021, 11:42 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
Who cares? Is there a radical left-wing group that does not prefer the Democrat Party over the Republican Party? Joe Biden has made members of China's Communist Party celebrating his acceptance of bribes and work on their behalf. 

If you really believe that the Taliban preferred Trump over Biden after Biden essentially surrendered Afghanistan had began jumping through Taliban hoops, then you are even stupider than I previously thought.
Quooter they endorsed Trump so looks like the Klan and the Taliban are all under your umbrella reminds me of that old State Farm commercial
Quooter here is some bad news for you since you have been cheering against America Joe is getting them out.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/about-...hp&pc=U531

Quooter is this the guy you work for

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/whi...hp&pc=U531

This is the kind of people who has benefitted off these wars it needs to be stopped GREED
(08-25-2021, 12:42 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

Quooter they endorsed Trump so looks like the Klan and the Taliban are all under your umbrella reminds me of that old State Farm commercial
The Taliban would endorse anybody decent because they are thriving on Biden's watch. A Taliban endorsement of any American politician is only newsworthy for idiots. Terrorists like the Taliban depend on people like you to spread their propaganda.
(08-25-2021, 07:06 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(08-25-2021, 12:42 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

The Taliban would endorse anybody decent because they are thriving on Biden's watch. A Taliban endorsement of any American politician is only newsworthy for idiots. Terrorists like the Taliban depend on people like you to spread their propaganda.
Quooter but they didn't they endorsed Trump now what about those domestic Taliban that attacked us on January 6th ?

Quooter do you work for Blackwater I bet you do
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next