4. Corbin
5. Central
6. Lexington Catholic
7. John Hardin
8. Hopkinsville
9. Knox Central
10. Rowan County
Looks about right.
(08-14-2021, 04:03 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Looks about right.

You been drinking Jack? lol.
I don't think you can count out Boyle Co this season from maybe making a deep run but I think it will be tougher than the last two seasons. Having Gillis back at QB sure gives them a shot. Cole Lanter will have a huge year I think but they have a lot of starters to replace. Because they are the reigning 4A champs why not give them the nod right now. But if I had to put money down on any of the first 4 right now I think Corbin might have a slight edge over the other three.

LCA, Bowling Green, North Hardin, Fredrick Douglas. If Boyle can make it to the end of the regular season with just one loss I wouldn't want to play them. With that schedule we should know by the start of the playoffs if they have a good chance to make it to December.
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!
Looks to be a heck of a year in 4A.
Boyle- Can they sustain in year 2 of Haddix?
JC- How will they rebound?
FC- How do they replace what they lost?
Corbin- Can the talent live up to the expectations?
Central- Is it their time again?
LC- Can they be the shocker come playoff time ?
(08-14-2021, 09:54 PM)BEChargers Wrote: I don't think you can count out Boyle Co this season from maybe making a deep run but I think it will be tougher than the last two seasons. Having Gillis back at QB sure gives them a shot. Cole Lanter will have a huge year I think but they have a lot of starters to replace. Because they are the reigning 4A champs why not give them the nod right now. But if I had to put money down on any of the first 4 right now I think Corbin might have a slight edge over the other three.

LCA, Bowling Green, North Hardin, Fredrick Douglas. If Boyle can make it to the end of the regular season with just one loss I wouldn't want to play them. With that schedule we should know by the start of the playoffs if they have a good chance to make it to December.

North Hardin is 6A, Bowling Green and Franklin Douglas are both 5A, just saying. There’s some others but usually the teams in 4A Corbin will face at the end of the season are Boyle, Johnson Central, Louisville Central, Franklin Co., or possibly Lex. Cath.

I watched the scrimmage and Corbin looked very, very good but Henry Clay doesn’t play the part, let’s talk after week 3 and that should tell a whole lot more about where Corbin’s at since we play Franklin Co. that Friday.
Johnson central wins the 4A state championship
(08-15-2021, 12:28 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 09:54 PM)BEChargers Wrote: I don't think you can count out Boyle Co this season from maybe making a deep run but I think it will be tougher than the last two seasons. Having Gillis back at QB sure gives them a shot. Cole Lanter will have a huge year I think but they have a lot of starters to replace. Because they are the reigning 4A champs why not give them the nod right now. But if I had to put money down on any of the first 4 right now I think Corbin might have a slight edge over the other three.

North Hardin is 6A, Bowling Green and Franklin Douglas are both 5A, just saying. There’s some others but usually the teams in 4A Corbin will face at the end of the season are Boyle, Johnson Central, Louisville Central, Franklin Co., or possibly Lex. Cath.

I watched the scrimmage and Corbin looked very, very good but Henry Clay doesn’t play the part, let’s talk after week 3 and that should tell a whole lot more about where Corbin’s at since we play Franklin Co. that Friday.

I'm aware that those teams are not in 4A. Meant that how well they can compete in the regular season should give a good indication of how deep they might make a run in 4A. I really don't know much about JC. They may indeed be the team to beat. I just think if Corbin's OC will figure out he needs to give his best players the majority of touches this season then in my opinion should be the team to beat with JC, Boyle and Franklin a very close second. I think on any given night any of those 4 and maybe LexCath has the ability to beat any of the others. 4A is loaded !!
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
(08-15-2021, 12:51 PM)BEChargers Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 12:28 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:

I'm aware that those teams are not in 4A. Meant that how well they can compete in the regular season should give a good indication of how deep they might make a run in 4A. I really don't know much about JC. They may indeed be the team to beat. I just think if Corbin's OC will figure out he needs to give his best players the majority of touches this season then in my opinion should be the team to beat with JC, Boyle and Franklin a very close second. I think on any given night any of those 4 and maybe LexCath has the ability to beat any of the others. 4A is loaded !!

Got you, see what your saying , and I agree…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
I agree with the top 4 but after that, not so much.

5. Lexington Catholic
6. Central
7. Knox Central
8. Letcher Central
9. Lincoln County
10. Wayne County
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • TD Hounds
(08-15-2021, 03:30 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I agree with the top 4 but after that, not so much.

5. Lexington Catholic
6. Central
7. Knox Central
8. Letcher Central
9. Lincoln County
10. Wayne County
Big Grin  Big Grin  Sniffum
To be honest I really only paid attention to the top 4.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
I think LexCath will be better this year than the last 2 or 3. Not good enough to make it to Commonwealth, but better.
Boyle is going to be good, they always are, but I think some are overlooking the loss of Luke Sheperson to graduation. Gillis coming back weighs heavily in BC's favor.
Franklin County lost both Broyles and Farrier, both of whom played a major role in the Flyers success but Moorman is returning and could be one of the better players in the State in 2021.
Central in 2020 finished 6-1 with several shutouts but played a less than challenging schedule. I think Franklin County exposed them in 2020 and am not convinced 2021 will be a yr that Central is among the elite...but Malachi Williams is back so who knows what they are capable of. .
Corbin has all kinds of athletes and imo are the team to beat in 4A.
Johnson Central lost Dylan Preston and all the production he brought with him. Regardless, JC has state championship potential.
Lexington Catholic is good enough to beat anyone of the above on a given day but doesn't have enough horses in the barn to beat 2 of the above in successive weeks in the playoffs.
[-] The following 2 users Like Iggyfan's post:
(08-16-2021, 06:01 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: Boyle is going to be good, they always are, but I think some are overlooking the loss of Luke Sheperson to graduation. Gillis coming back weighs heavily in BC's favor. 
Franklin County lost both Broyles and Farrier, both of whom played a major role in the Flyers success but Moorman is returning and could be one of the better players in the State in 2021.
Central in 2020 finished 6-1 with several shutouts but played a less than challenging schedule. I think Franklin County exposed them in 2020 and am not convinced 2021 will be a yr that Central is among the elite...but Malachi Williams is back so who knows what they are capable of. .
Corbin has all kinds of athletes and imo are the team to beat in 4A.
Johnson Central lost Dylan Preston and all the production he brought with him. Regardless, JC has state championship potential.
Lexington Catholic is good enough to beat anyone of the above on a given day but doesn't have enough horses in the barn to beat 2 of the above in successive weeks in the playoffs.
Very good assessment, Corbin has tons of talent and looked the part Friday night but I’m an optimist, there’s a whole lot yet to prove and all it takes is a good dose of COVID to hit the locker room then some of the players you’ve mentioned become non factors.  I hope and pray all these kids from every team get to play all season COVID and injury free, a whole lot of work by all these teams that could potentially go down the toilet, it’s pretty sad they’re still having to deal with this after all this time…
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Corbin
(08-14-2021, 01:34 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Lexington Herald Class 4A Preseason Top 10

1. Boyle County
2. Johnson Central
3. Franklin County
4. Corbin
5. Central
6. Lexington Catholic
7. John Hardin
8. Hopkinsville
9. Knox Central
10. Rowan County
After week 1

1. Boyle 31 over Tates Creek 6
2. Johnson Central 60 over Henry Clay 21
3. Franklin County 43 over Scott County 14
4. Corbin 35 over Christ School (NC) 21
5. Dupont Manual 14 over Louisville Central 12
6. Lexington Catholic 24 over Ryle 21
7. John Hardin 48 over Larue County 6
8. Ballard 28 over Hopkinsville 3
9. Knox Central 30 over Clay County 22
10. Rowan County 23 over West Carter 21
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, TD Hounds
The point spread Franklin had over Scott Co is kind of surprising, even though I don’t know much about Scott Co this year
Scott County's offense was not on the same level as Johnson Central's last season and Franklin County's defense was impressive against the Golden Eagles and they returned a lot of talent on defense. Scott County has a solid program but losing talent and bodies to Great Crossing has taken its toll. I don't think that Scott County would be a top 5 team in 4A this season.
(08-22-2021, 03:43 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Scott County's offense was not on the same level as Johnson Central's last season and Franklin County's defense was impressive against the Golden Eagles and they returned a lot of talent on defense. Scott County has a solid program but losing talent and bodies to Great Crossing has taken its toll. I don't think that Scott County would be a top 5 team in 4A this season.

Kind of off subject but I just want to reiterate how much I really like the meme at the bottom of your posts.   Big Grin Big Grin Wink
I'd switch the top two. Other than that, it looks about right. Good job.