Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky next year?
With no idea of the cats backup QB and losing some darn good players, wont the Cats be hurting next year?
The defense should be strong next year, and I mean strong at the SEC level if they continue to improve. The offense will have to become more run oriented, but shouldn't be that hard to switch with our running backs.
The QB for next year should be the kid from Canton Ohio. Not sure of his name, but in the game against EKU he was 3-4 with one INT. They said he has a strong arm and is pretty smart with his throws. Also he will have been under the direction of Randy Sanders for 3 years and that is bound to improve anyone. Look at what Woodson done in one season playing for the guy last year.
Unlike Pac 10 or ACC teams, games are rarely over in the SEC by halftime. That gives those teams in other conferences time to play their backups and let them gain valuable experience. But when you play an SEC schedule, where all 8 games are bowl games, then play Louisville out of conference, that experience just dont come very often. UK could probably be a 6-6 team next year, which, after this group graduates, will be a good year..
Kentucky will have another good season. The team won't be as explosive as this years but they'll be good. Next years quarterback should be Curtis Pulley (Last weeks scout team player of the week). The running game returns Tony Dixon, Alfonso Smith, and Derrick Locke. Dicky Lyons Jr returns also with Demoreo Ford at wide-out. The special teams should get better, but the defense will be exceptional next year with Peters, Johnson, Lindley, McClinton, Harrison, Jarmon, and Myron Pryor. I think it will be a 7-5 or 6-6 season, but they will do what they can to get better over the offseason.
Replacing Woodson is the obvious problem... Hartline and the Fielder kid were both pretty highly recruited out of high school, it will be a dropoff but it wont be pathetic.....
BlackcatFootball Wrote:Kentucky will have another good season. The team won't be as explosive as this years but they'll be good. Next years quarterback should be Curtis Pulley (Last weeks scout team player of the week). The running game returns Tony Dixon, Alfonso Smith, and Derrick Locke. Dicky Lyons Jr returns also with Demoreo Ford at wide-out. The special teams should get better, but the defense will be exceptional next year with Peters, Johnson, Lindley, McClinton, Harrison, Jarmon, and Myron Pryor. I think it will be a 7-5 or 6-6 season, but they will do what they can to get better over the offseason.

I think there will be a definite drop-off next year. For one thing, I'm not sold on Curtis Pulley as QB at all, if he is the starter I don't see us having much of a passing game. If Hartline ends up being the starter he will end up being a good QB, but will have his growing pains just like Woodson did in his first year as starter. The running attack will be very strong, though, with several talented backs vying for playing time. The defense loses Woodyard, which will hurt, but returns most everybody else. Plus, LSU goes off the schedule, so I think the Cats could still get to 6-6 and be bowl-eligible.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UK's defense should be strong enough to keep them in most ball games next season with Johnson, Lindley, McClinton, Pryor, Peters, Jarmon, and some others. Their offense will obviously be a question. Fiedler and Hartline will have to battle for a starting job, but I believe as of right now Hartline has the slight edge. We know there will be talent at the running back position, and we have some talented young receivers to replace Burton and Johnson, not to mention Lyons coming back. Bogue is a decent tight end, but he's no Tamme. The offensive line returns some starters from this season as well. Will the 2008 Cats start 4-0 and have this much explosiveness? I seriously doubt it. But I strongly believe they have the talent to win 6 games and go to a bowl game. It's not out of the question.
the young backs who came in late against the razorbacks didn't look bad at all and they were running behind some pretty young linemen..
They will be solid! This is the kind of season that the Cats needed and hopefully will get some solid recruits with back to back seasons like they are having!!
I will say that 6-6 is the best prediction. Like people on here have said, I am not sold o Pully just yet. However, I believe that our running game will actually be better. I know that lossing Little is a big hit, but the guys that we have behind Little are just as capible to impact the game. You cna probably say that Dixon is the starter next year, with Smith backing him up. Here is where it gets interesting. I can not remember the guys name but we have a redshirting running back who is apparenting better than Locke. If this is the case then our running game will be scary.
I could care less about next season as of now lets just focus as fans on this season and keep our support up in the good and bad :-)
Success on the field leads to success on the recruiting trail. The cats will be fine especially with a solid stable rb and wr coming back. The qb spot will be filled by Hartline or Pulley. That's based on who wants it more. The defense will have a year of Brown's system under their belt and will add some much needed talent and depth to their ranks.
I think it's gonna take em a while to get back on their feet after this season......
Good read up on Curtis Pulley.

http://kentucky.com/295/story/196229.html
I think with Randy Sanders as the QB coach the dropoff won't be as bad as alot of people think it will be. Remember before Sanders arrived Woodson was almost was out as QB. Pulley, Hartline will be the frontrunners with Fielder close behind. It should be an interesting spring, but competition breads success and that is what UK is slowly becoming since regaining their full allotment of Scholarships.
Next year in UK I see a SEC Title and a Major bowl win.