Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs. New England
Some Bengal players and Marvin Lewis are calling this game a must win.The bengals have not been a very good team at all since their loss to New England last year.I dont look for that to change with the Patriots coming out with Moss and company Monday night and putting on a clinic..New England 42 Bengals 24,,With as many good players as the Bengals have,,even Marvin Lewis ought to worry about his job and I know he is a great coach.
The Bengals have not been blown out this season, so this will be a close game. I think the poise of Carson Palmer is going to allow the offense to get the points they need to win this game. Now if they could just stop someone on defense it would be a for-sure lock IMO that the Bengals will win. The Jungle will be wild come Monday, so I'm going to go with the upset.

Cincy-38
Pats-31
I'm really hoping that the Bengals win, but I think the Pats are just too much on both sides of the ball for Cincy to pull out a W.
I would like to see the Bengals win this game, but idk they'll have to deff not turn the ball over and scored again of points bc the Pats will destroy Cincy D, they wont be able to stop Brady and his crew.

Pats-44
Bengals-31
Patriots 38
Bengals 31
sources say that Beliprick didnt even bother trying to spy on the Bengal D, lol...j/k Bengal fans...Too much Patriot offense in this one. New England wins 41-21..
Pats will score 38 points, for the fourth game in a row and the Bengals will score 28.
We have to play man on Moss, with a safety deep over him not letting him go deep, play man on Stallworth, Watson, and whoever else, and just blitz everybody else on defense, because if we give Brady time, him and Moss will eat us alive.

They're picturing Chris Henry as Moss, and since they've practiced against him, it gives a little help.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Pats by 2 or more touchdowns.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I know all about the Pats being undefeated and looking unbeatable. I know all about the Bengals being beat up at Linebacker. But no way the Pats are up for the Bengals as high as the Bengals will be up for them. No way this game means as much for the Pats as it does Cincy. So I'm picking the Bengals to win this game. But you guys already knew that....huh?
Bengal Cat Wrote:I know all about the Pats being undefeated and looking unbeatable. I know all about the Bengals being beat up at Linebacker. But no way the Pats are up for the Bengals as high as the Bengals will be up for them. No way this game means as much for the Pats as it does Cincy. So I'm picking the Bengals to win this game. But you guys already knew that....huh?

I'm wondering if you actually for some reason think the Bengals are going to win this game...or if your just saying this because you have a right to your team as a fan to believe their going to win.
I really think they can win this game BCFan. So much of this sport (and all sports) is mental. They don't play these games on paper. If you go back and read my posts, I was worried about the Bengals playing Cleveland. I wasn't worried that Cleveland had the better team, they don't. But the mental aspect worried me. The Bengals were coming off an emotional win against a very good Raven team and Cleveland was embarrassed the week before vs the Steelers. Mental edge Cleveland. Now this week, as I stated earlier, this is a much bigger game for Cincy than N.E. No way the Pats are as fired up to play the Bengals as the Bengals are for them. Mental edge Cincy. Plus I guarantee you Carson Palmer will go down fighting. Now theres no guarantee this all will translate into a Cincy victory. But is it possible? Absolutely.
I see only one way the Bengals have a chance in this game, and that's if Carson Palmer picks them up on his shoulders and carries them to a win. Our defense will not be able to slow down Brady and company, so we will have to trade score for score with them. Hopefully we will have the ball last and pull out the win.

Heart says Bengals win, then Head smacks Heart upside the head...

Pats 45
Bengals 35
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BCFan Wrote:I'm wondering if you actually for some reason think the Bengals are going to win this game...or if your just saying this because you have a right to your team as a fan to believe their going to win.
Can't believe Bengal Cat didn't mention this aspect of the situation..........

Maybe the crowd at Paul Brown is what motivated the defense to step up and play with the heart and intensity that they did against the Ravens. Maybe that can give them the heart and passion to get a good pass rush and ability to stop the run, and MAYBE that can slow the Patriots enough and not allow them to pick us apart and make big plays.

Hopefully, Bresnahan realizes that the home crowd will inspire the defense to make the defense play like they did against the Ravens, which would cause him to have make his play calling aggressive, and not timid like it was against the Browns and Seahawks.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:Can't believe Bengal Cat didn't mention this aspect of the situation..........

Maybe the crowd at Paul Brown is what motivated the defense to step up and play with the heart and intensity that they did against the Ravens. Maybe that can give them the heart and passion to get a good pass rush and ability to stop the run, and MAYBE that can slow the Patriots enough and not allow them to pick us apart and make big plays.

Hopefully, Bresnahan realizes that the home crowd will inspire the defense to make the defense play like they did against the Ravens, which would cause him to have make his play calling aggressive, and not timid like it was against the Browns and Seahawks.

That sounded wrong, but I wasn't disagreeing with Bengal Cat, and all his points are good, but I meant for that as an addition to his post.
BFritz Wrote:That sounded wrong, but I wasn't disagreeing with Bengal Cat, and all his points are good, but I meant for that as an addition to his post.

No problem BFritz. The crowd could make a difference. I hope it's so loud at PBS, that I can hear the crowd 4 hours away..........lol.

No doubt the key to the game is getting pressure on Brady. If we don't get in his face, we don't stand a chance. But then again, hasn't that been the key to our defense in every game? Same old same old. Theres a big difference between 2-2 and 1-3. So, if our defense can't get up for this game, they shouldn't be playing pro football.

I don't see this game as being something terrible for the Bengals. Instead I see it as an opportunity. A win over NE can catapult this team into the rest of the season. It would remove the bad taste in the mouth as a result of the last 2 weeks. If we beat an 0-3 team on Monday everybody would say, "so what? They should beat them." But if we beat the mighty Patriots.....what would that do?
BFritz Wrote:That sounded wrong, but I wasn't disagreeing with Bengal Cat, and all his points are good, but I meant for that as an addition to his post.

Oh yeah BFritz. Theres one important factor both of us forgot to mention. We are wearing the Orange jerseys Monday Night. We are undefeated in those........lol.
Bengal Cat Wrote:No problem BFritz. The crowd could make a difference. I hope it's so loud at PBS, that I can hear the crowd 4 hours away..........lol.

No doubt the key to the game is getting pressure on Brady. If we don't get in his face, we don't stand a chance. But then again, hasn't that been the key to our defense in every game? Same old same old. Theres a big difference between 2-2 and 1-3. So, if our defense can't get up for this game, they shouldn't be playing pro football.

I don't see this game as being something terrible for the Bengals. Instead I see it as an opportunity. A win over NE can catapult this team into the rest of the season. It would remove the bad taste in the mouth as a result of the last 2 weeks. If we beat an 0-3 team on Monday everybody would say, "so what? They should beat them." But if we beat the mighty Patriots.....what would that do?

I agree it's a big opportunity, and I think our defense will be fired up and ready to go, and one has to think that Bresnahan knows that the crowd will play a huge part and the D will be so pumped running off that adrenaline that he'll be blitzing and not playing conservative.

Like I said, put our best cover man on Moss, play a safety over him making sure he never gets behind them, man-up on everyone else, and just bring the house at Brady.

I'll do my part to make sure you can hear the stadium from four hours away:Thumbs:

Bengal Cat Wrote:Oh yeah BFritz. Theres one important factor both of us forgot to mention. We are wearing the Orange jerseys Monday Night. We are undefeated in those........lol.

That's probly the BIGGEST factor......... :notworthy .............. lol........... Can't believe I forgot that.... it's in the bag :Thumbs:

WHO-DEY PEOPLE!!!!!!! IF YOU'RE NOT PUMPED FOR THIS, YOU DON'T HAVE A PULSE!!!!!
Im picking New England but if they had a bad game and the bengals are clicking on all cylinders a 10 point win for the bengals wouldnt surprise me either.
Bengal Cat Wrote:I really think they can win this game BCFan. So much of this sport (and all sports) is mental. They don't play these games on paper. If you go back and read my posts, I was worried about the Bengals playing Cleveland. I wasn't worried that Cleveland had the better team, they don't. But the mental aspect worried me. The Bengals were coming off an emotional win against a very good Raven team and Cleveland was embarrassed the week before vs the Steelers. Mental edge Cleveland. Now this week, as I stated earlier, this is a much bigger game for Cincy than N.E. No way the Pats are as fired up to play the Bengals as the Bengals are for them. Mental edge Cincy. Plus I guarantee you Carson Palmer will go down fighting. Now theres no guarantee this all will translate into a Cincy victory. But is it possible? Absolutely.

Of course it's possible..any time you have a offense as explosive as Cincys, you have a shot. But they have arguably the worst defense in the league. I don't see anyone stopping Randy Moss.
Bengal Cat Wrote:Oh yeah BFritz. Theres one important factor both of us forgot to mention. We are wearing the Orange jerseys Monday Night. We are undefeated in those........lol.

HECK YES!!! I was wondering about those! We will step up now! lol
For the Bengals to somehow realign the season, they need this win. I say if the Bengals can pull this one off, the season would be saved for a little bit. Just to stay a little behind the Steelers. I what of course shoudl be an offensive showdown I will say that the Bengals dig down deep to get the win.
Pats-35
Bengals-38
BCFan Wrote:Of course it's possible..any time you have a offense as explosive as Cincys, you have a shot. But they have arguably the worst defense in the league. I don't see anyone stopping Randy Moss.

Thats why we have been saying that we have to get to Brady in order to have a chance. He can't hit Moss if he's on his back. No pressure on Brady = no chance to win.
This game reminds me of Vince McMahon's entrance song for the Bengals...... "No Chance"........
Crossbones Wrote:This game reminds me of Vince McMahon's entrance song for the Bengals...... "No Chance"........

Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bengal Cat Wrote:Thats why we have been saying that we have to get to Brady in order to have a chance. He can't hit Moss if he's on his back. No pressure on Brady = no chance to win.

May I ask who is going to be applying this pressure? Because unless they have made some extreme adjustments from the last time I watched them, I wouldn't be expecting Brady to fall too many times.
well nobody's gonna hear me say "I hope New England wins" very many times, but this is one of them. We (Pittsburgh) need to keep Cinci at a distance, due to our failure to beat a team we should have pounded..
BCFan Wrote:May I ask who is going to be applying this pressure? Because unless they have made some extreme adjustments from the last time I watched them, I wouldn't be expecting Brady to fall too many times.

Its called "Blitz Packages." You blitz linebackers, safties and or corners sometimes. If you send more than they can block, you have a chance at getting to Brady. If you blitz and DON'T get to him.....ur in trouble.
Bengal Cat Wrote:Its called "Blitz Packages." You blitz linebackers, safties and or corners sometimes. If you send more than they can block, you have a chance at getting to Brady. If you blitz and DON'T get to him.....ur in trouble.

Or changing up the D-line's rushes because if you can't just go right at New England's line straight ahead and expect to out-muscle, use speed to get by, or make a move to get by them. Combining what I just said with blitzing backers, corners, or safeties is the best way to get pressure.
BFritz Wrote:Or changing up the D-line's rushes because if you can't just go right at New England's line straight ahead and expect to out-muscle, use speed to get by, or make a move to get by them. Combining what I just said with blitzing backers, corners, or safeties is the best way to get pressure.

What a luxury it must be to be able to apply pressure using only your front 4. Think of the different things you could do on defense if that were the case.
Bengal Cat Wrote:Its called "Blitz Packages." You blitz linebackers, safties and or corners sometimes. If you send more than they can block, you have a chance at getting to Brady. If you blitz and DON'T get to him.....ur in trouble.

We'll see just how well this works out. They couldn't get pressure on the clowns...:o..