Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland Rams
36.36%
Ashland Tomcats
63.64%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Raceland @ Ashland Blazer 8/20
Raceland is one of the favorites to win class A while Ashland is one of the favorites to repeat in class AAA.

Should be a great game at Putnam!

Calpreps.com projection: Ashland 38, Raceland 7
After seeing both teams scrimmage last week I’m going to have to go with the Tomcats. Raceland is going to have a really good team this year but Ashland just has horses that the Rams don’t have. Raceland may play with them for a half the the Tomcat depth will likely wear them down at the end.

Ashland 35
Raceland 14
Pulling for 1A Raceland…………..but

Ashland 35
Raceland 14
I believe the O line will be the achilles heel for the Rams this year
What Raceland will have as an advantage most weeks this season will be speed and quickness upfront on both sides of the ball. I dont know if they will have enough for the tomcats though. I regretfully agree with the 35-14 prediction made by some. But i saw flashes of a team that can go toe to toe with Ashland, I just dont know if we can consistently do that each series on both sides of the ball right now. I see it more like 35-21 Ashland.
So I think the most overlooked part of this game is the fact Ashland may have trouble scoring. They have no replacement for Pittman and the QB is a former Ram and in the scrimmage may not have completed a ball over 5 yards down field. Now the guys up front on both sides of the ball for Ashland are legit. And Ashland should win this game as they should every year it is a 1A school against a 3 A school. Unlike some I think the Rams upfront on Offense will be the best they have been in 7 or 8 years . Rams have skill guys everywhere and a qb who can make all the throws but accuracy still needs work. But I think it is closer than expected being week 1 helps the Rams as well . Why not Upset Rams 21- Ashland 14
I’ll be pulling for the Rams in this game. Good luck Rams.
This could be an eye opening post for me...got me thanking a bit.
Refering to Ramfans post...
Tomcats 28-14. Go Rams!
Pulling for the Rams but betting on the Tomcats.
Rams by eleventy billion
It’s going to be tough for the Rams to beat Ashland this year. Hoping for a good game a great season for both teams.
Last season Ashland traveled to Raceland and destroyed them 50-15. Raceland has a good team year in and out and this season will be no different. Raceland will have an experience advantage in key positions and a bad taste from last year.  Putnam Stadium is their home away from home. Ashland has a lot of holes to fill including a new QB and offensive mindset. Look for the game to be very close and go either way. Hoping Ashland can wear them down and put them away in the 4th.  I’m picking Ashland to struggle and get the Win but wouldn't be surprised to see Raceland pull it out.
Ashland 35
Raceland 21
Looks like it may be soggy Friday night. Does this give either team a advantage or disadvantage??
Not sure who it favors as both should be ready to go. Probably hurts Racelands style of play more then the Tomcats but who knows. I’m just glad it’s game week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes T-CATS's post:
  • RAMDAD50
Raceland-28
Ashland-26
I feel it’s way to early in the week to predict a score. If a kid for either team gets a positive covid test he’s out. As of now …if both teams are healthy I say….

Assland-42
Raceland-6
This will be a beat down just like last years game was.
Ashland with not much issue.

Ashland 42
Raceland 14
Tomcats are really young but sounds like they are hungry to repeat. Should be a great night for Football. Go Tomcats

The Ashland Daily Independent Football preview guide is out today. One of the best in the state IMO.
Good luck Rams.
Go get em Rams!
Watching this one at the house. Not a lot of Ram fans out for this one. Maybe they know what’s about to happen hahaha

Rams hold Assland to one first down and a punt. Rams take over inside the 5 yard line

Rams receiver drops a wide open pass for what would’ve been a huge gain

Just as I suspected ….Rams O line has no movement upfront. Rams will put for the second time

Assland has 45 yards in unsportsmanlike penalties. Rams have a drive going.

Rams miss a 31 yard filed goal
Rams intercept the pitch on a sweep.
6-0 Rams 8:44 2nd quarter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rams grab a toss pitch in mid air and takes it to the house. Rams miss PAT 
Rams -6
Assland-0

Hi Jarons….you gotta hit me up next time you’re in town. We will grab some food together

Rams recover another fumble
First play the Rams go deep.
Rams ball inside the 25 yard line

Rams recover another fumble
First play the Rams go deep.
Rams ball inside the 25 yard line
Ashland 3 fumbles 1 for a TD. 3 personal fouls in a quarte and a 1/2. It’s Racelands game to lose.
13-0 Rams 3:00 left in 2nd quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(08-20-2021, 09:26 PM)T-CATS Wrote: Ashland 3 fumbles 1 for a TD. 3 personal fouls in a quarte and a 1/2. It’s Racelands game to lose.
I agree with this. cats can’t get out of their own way