Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs Johnson Central scrimmage
Pikeville bs JC scrimmage. Last I saw both teams had scored on initial 10 play series.
We are really hungry for football if we are gonna start threads on scrimmages hahah. It’s been a long time ….this off season has seemed like three off seasons. Not much loner boys
(08-06-2021, 08:42 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: We are really hungry for football if we are gonna start threads on scrimmages hahah. It’s been a long time ….this off season has seemed like three off seasons. Not much loner boys
How has the Raceland Belfry scrimmage looked Ramdad?
(08-06-2021, 08:52 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 08:42 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: We are really hungry for football if we are gonna start threads on scrimmages hahah. It’s been a long time ….this off season has seemed like three off seasons. Not much loner boys
How has the Raceland Belfry scrimmage looked Ramdad?

If you want to catch some of it online,  it is being streamed on Facebook. Raceland Streaming is showing it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry hasnt put any long drives together. Busted 3 long ines though. Raceland looked shell shicked on their first 10 plays but scored on the next 2.
Go Panthers!
[-] The following 3 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Gus McCrae, jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY
This scrimmage was good, bad and ugly. Hated the format, was a perfect recipe for big school wearing down small school. Bottom line, Pikeville lost their mojo after drilling Raceland and beating Belfry in the first 2 games last year...and still don't have their mojo back...
(08-06-2021, 09:35 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Go Panthers!
Like x 1000, great to see you on here Dougie!!!
Boys im just glad to see peoples faces and see these kids get to play on the regular!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • jetpilot
The numbers and depth Pikeville has at every position is mind boggling for a 1A school. I’d say Pikeville held their own tonight until the chains came out and they started doing live scrimmage spottting the ball and moving up and down the field. Pikeville was worn out and that JC offense just kept coming downhill and finally started getting big chunk plays.

But if I’m Pikeville or JC i leave that scrimmage feeling very good about the season because both teams were very impressive and already looking like they’ve played a couple games with how fluid everything looked.

And 65 for JC is as good as advertised. My first time actually getting to see him play.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 2 users Like Spud6's post:
  • jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY
Hey dougie, was wondering where you were at. Good to see you back on here.
One thing about scrimmages: You’re never as bad as you think you are and you’re never as good as you think you are either. I saw some positives out there for Pikeville and saw some things that need work as well. It’s just all about getting better every time you strap those pads on.
[-] The following 3 users Like HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s post:
  • 2000PHS, jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY
(08-07-2021, 02:37 AM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote:
Hey dougie, was wondering where you were at. Good to see you back on here.

Hey ,my friend. I hope you're doing well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
(08-06-2021, 10:23 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
Like x 1000, great to see you on here Dougie!!!

Likewise. I hope you and your family are doing good in this crazy, upside down world.
(08-06-2021, 11:05 PM)Spud6 Wrote: The numbers and depth Pikeville has at every position is mind boggling for a 1A school. I’d say Pikeville held their own tonight until the chains came out and they started doing live scrimmage spottting the ball and moving up and down the field. Pikeville was worn out and that JC offense just kept coming downhill and finally started getting big chunk plays.

But if I’m Pikeville or JC i leave that scrimmage feeling very good about the season because both teams were very impressive and already looking like they’ve played a couple games with how fluid everything looked.

And 65 for JC is as good as advertised. My first time actually getting to see him play.

When you win and have as much support behind you as that program does, numbers will come easy.
(08-07-2021, 08:34 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 11:05 PM)Spud6 Wrote: The numbers and depth Pikeville has at every position is mind boggling for a 1A school. I’d say Pikeville held their own tonight until the chains came out and they started doing live scrimmage spottting the ball and moving up and down the field. Pikeville was worn out and that JC offense just kept coming downhill and finally started getting big chunk plays.

When you win and have as much support behind you as that program does, numbers will come easy.

Fair enough
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
JC sounds to be the favorite in 4a.
(08-07-2021, 05:29 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote: One thing about scrimmages: You’re never as bad as you think you are and you’re never as good as you think you are either. I saw some positives out there for Pikeville and saw some things that need work as well. It’s just all about getting better every time you strap those pads on.
You are right. After thinking some more and reading the PHS football twitter page, l was too harsh. Kudos to Pikeville for even scheduling a 4A power for the scrimmage. Just have to remember they were playing a team that dominates Belfry every year as a point of reference. Lots of positives and much work needed like you said.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
It's hard to believe that JC & Pikeville haven't played a varsity football game since the 1977 season......

JC looked good, but leaving a three day camp earlier that and driving up & playing in this scrimmage, they looked about as good as possible. We'll be at the top of the hill when it matters.

#7 for Pikeville is a stud.....that brutal five game stretch you guys have between Bourbon Co. & Madison Central might be the toughest five game stretch any 1A team plays all season
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
^^^Shows what I know, did not even know there was a #7 on the Pikeville roster. Anyone know who wore #7 in the scrimmage?
(08-09-2021, 09:31 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Shows what I know, did not even know there was a #7 on the Pikeville roster. Anyone know who wore #7 in the scrimmage?
I'm pretty sure that #7 scored both of Pikeville's TD's in the 10-play series.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Did Pikeville have any seniors last year stay back for the supplemental year?
(08-09-2021, 09:31 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Shows what I know, did not even know there was a #7 on the Pikeville roster. Anyone know who wore #7 in the scrimmage?

Zach Lockhart. They were in practice jerseys so numbers were all out of wack compared to last year.
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • jetpilot
(08-09-2021, 09:45 AM)bac2369 Wrote: Did Pikeville have any seniors last year stay back for the supplemental year?
One did but the only had 5 seniors last year.