Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A-Rod Discussing Deal with Cubs
New York Magazine reported on Sunday that Rodriguez could end up with the Chicago Cubs next season with a contract that could be worth as much as $30 million a year for 10 years and includes an ownership stake in the team. The All-Star third baseman can opt-out of the $252 million contract he signed with the Texas Rangers six years ago at the end of this season. According to the magazine, Rodriguez's agent, Scott Boras, has already identified the leading candidate to buy the Cubs and has begun negotiations on a contract. If that is true, it could lead the Yankees to file tampering charges, since Rodriguez already is under contract.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=tx...&type=lgns
ownership in the team is crazy lol
Is cuban still a front runner to be the owner?
Wow thats some pretty big news there.
I would like Cuban to get the team. Look what he done with a horrible Maverick team. He will go out and get the best of the best, and what team wouldn't want to play for an owner that spoils them and their family like crazy with vacations and other gifts of thanks. If A-Rod went to the NL I think his batting average would increase as well as his HR's and RBI's. The pitching in the AL is better than the NL in my opinion.