Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will there be enough officials to play in 2021?
Spoke to several officials in the last few weeks and there is one statement seems to be the same in all parts of the state.  There may not be enough of them to cover the games in the fall of 2021.   What happens then?
My opinion, less is more.
Kentucky would be like several other states if this happens. Means you have to play a few games on Thursday and some on Saturday to get everything covered. Not a good situation if it comes to pass.
[-] The following 2 users Like dodger's post:
  • 64SUR, Westside
They’ll be back when Biden quits paying out all the COVID money for them to sit on their @ss!!!
I’d be interested in being an offficial
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blue dawg's post:
  • LCC#1
TD HoundsThey’ll be back when Biden quits paying out all the COVID money for them to sit on their @ss!!!

Well 99% of the referees in this area are Republicans get off your @ss Republicans ref. Lol!!
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • A Tribe Called Quest, Westside
(05-08-2021, 07:22 PM)dodger Wrote: Kentucky would be like several other states if this happens.  Means you have to play a few games on Thursday and some on Saturday to get everything covered.  Not a good situation if it comes to pass.

That works until you think about Middle School and Freshman playing on Thursday nights.  Then JV and Middle School and youth league playing on Saturdays.    I was already contacted by one youth league that was told by the High School assignor that they couldn't commit to assigning officials this year for their league because they don't have enough to cover the games.
(05-08-2021, 09:52 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: They’ll be back when Biden quits paying out all the COVID money for them to sit on their @ss!!!
Like 64SUR stated, majority of refs in KY are righties... so get off government paid arses and work those games  Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes A Tribe Called Quest's post:
  • 64SUR
(05-09-2021, 03:13 PM)64SUR Wrote: TD HoundsThey’ll be back when Biden quits paying out all the COVID money for them to sit on their @ss!!!

Well 99% of the referees in this area are Republicans get off your @ss Republicans ref. Lol!!
99% are republicans because the other side wouldn’t work even before all this non sense started.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • TD Hounds
^^^OMG I became a Paintsville fan today!!!
No more Thursday middle school if you don't have enough refs. Those are moving to Monday/Tuesday in other states. JV turns into scrimmage situations with coaches officiating. Hope it doesn't hit that point.
(05-09-2021, 03:13 PM)64SUR Wrote: TD HoundsThey’ll be back when Biden quits paying out all the COVID money for them to sit on their @ss!!!

Liberals couldn’t ref football cause they’d be trying to throw flags over the lack of gender neutrality. They’ll probably be in the parking lots this year looting cars and trying to start riots over it...

(05-10-2021, 11:52 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 09:52 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: They’ll be back when Biden quits paying out all the COVID money for them to sit on their @ss!!!
Like 64SUR stated, majority of refs in KY are righties... so get off government paid arses and work those games  :cool:

I enjoy the banter with you and 64 on here but at some point you all are gonna have to realize the democrats you all grew up supporting are republicans now...
(05-10-2021, 10:18 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Liberals couldn’t ref football cause they’d be trying to throw flags over the lack of gender neutrality.  They’ll probably be in the parking lots this year looting cars and trying to start riots over it...

(05-10-2021, 11:52 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
Like 64SUR stated, majority of refs in KY are righties... so get off government paid arses and work those games  Cool

I enjoy the banter with you and 64 on here but at some point you all are gonna have to realize the democrats you all grew up supporting are republicans now...
I love 64 but there is nothing you can say to people like him who are so brainwashed they can't ever process a thought that their side is even 1% of the problem. Sad but true. People like this are the downfall of the country. Love 64 but his brain is damaged by liberal propaganda and he is way too far gone to talk sense about this country to him, ever.
(05-10-2021, 05:38 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^OMG I became a Paintsville fan today!!!
Hahahaha

Probably my best post in a decade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • jetpilot
(05-10-2021, 10:40 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 05:38 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^OMG I became a Paintsville fan today!!!
Hahahaha

Probably my best post in a decade.
All your posts are on point but yes this one is way up there lol.
When I played middle school football back in the leather helmet days we actually had high school players ref our games. IMO it cost us a county championship my 8th grade year, but even professional refs make bad calls.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • TD Hounds
(05-11-2021, 02:03 AM)Westside Wrote: When I played middle school football back in the leather helmet days we actually had high school players ref our games. IMO it cost us a county championship my 8th grade year, but even professional refs make bad calls.

There’s some refs in particular I’m not a big fan of, whether it’s ineptitude or just being to lazy to actually learn the rules correctly. That being said at the end of the day I’m grateful for the job they do, it’s a thankless job and all jokes and politics aside I hope they get the situation rectified for the kids sake anyways. The kids have been through enough with Covid the last couple years they should enjoy some normalcy this upcoming school year.
Not to derail this thread, but the inherent bigotry in some of these posts is incredible.  Some barely even attempt to hide it. And why should you, the leader of your Grand Old Philanderers gave you permission to put your prejudices on proud display instead of limiting them to dinner table conversations.  The far right has been misted with some orange bravado. As one poster pointed out, if there are officials who are sitting on their asses in SE KY , the overwhelming majority are Republican asses. Republicans love their government checks when they have THEIR name on them. There is absolutely no truth to the suggestion that Democrats have a poorer work ethic than Republicans...NONE!!!   I read a book last summer called "Big Lies" in which the author systematically debunked all of the myths that the right-wing have propagated for years.  Democrats are not less patriotic than Republicans,  are not less moral than Republicans,  do not have a poorer work ethic than Republicans. Also,   Dems do not restrict freedom in favor of political correctness as they are portrayed. And Dems have been the most competent fiscal stewards of the economy for the past seven decades , much more so, in fact, than Republicans. I am more convinced than ever that the reason the disgraced orange man has such an appeal to his far right base is that he signaled to them it was alright to express your bigotries out in the open for everyone to see. I think his followers felt a real freedom to be their true selves instead of keeping their prejudices hidden behind closed doors. 
 Now that it's out there for all to see, go back to talking about the lazy Republican referees in  southern and eastern Kentucky.  Smile 

"In all those things which deal with people, be liberal, be human. "   ---   Senator Prescott Bush(George H.W. Bush's father) ,  quoting President Dwight D. Eisenhower on Feb. 18, 1955.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull, Gitback Coach
^^^And after that insane incoherent rambling rant, we return you to your regularly scheduled thread. LOL
(05-11-2021, 04:17 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^And after that insane incoherent rambling rant, we return you to your regularly scheduled thread. LOL

This hasn't been a "regular" thread after about the fourth post.
I believe my work here is done.

Bold prediction, we will have refs this year, and no matter their affiliation, everyone on here will disagree with something they do during the season.
(05-11-2021, 03:55 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Not to derail this thread, but the inherent bigotry in some of these posts is incredible.  Some barely even attempt to hide it. And why should you, the leader of your Grand Old Philanderers gave you permission to put your prejudices on proud display instead of limiting them to dinner table conversations.  The far right has been misted with some orange bravado. As one poster pointed out, if there are officials who are sitting on their asses in SE KY , the overwhelming majority are Republican asses. Republicans love their government checks when they have THEIR name on them. There is absolutely no truth to the suggestion that Democrats have a poorer work ethic than Republicans...NONE!!!   I read a book last summer called "Big Lies" in which the author systematically debunked all of the myths that the right-wing have propagated for years.  Democrats are not less patriotic than Republicans,  are not less moral than Republicans,  do not have a poorer work ethic than Republicans. Also,   Dems do not restrict freedom in favor of political correctness as they are portrayed. And Dems have been the most competent fiscal stewards of the economy for the past seven decades , much more so, in fact, than Republicans. I am more convinced than ever that the reason the disgraced orange man has such an appeal to his far right base is that he signaled to them it was alright to express your bigotries out in the open for everyone to see. I think his followers felt a real freedom to be their true selves instead of keeping their prejudices hidden behind closed doors. 
 Now that it's out there for all to see, go back to talking about the lazy Republican referees in  southern and eastern Kentucky.  :) 

"In all those things which deal with people, be liberal, be human. "   ---   Senator Prescott Bush(George H.W. Bush's father) ,  quoting President Dwight D. Eisenhower on Feb. 18, 1955.

The fact that you can post this with the poster child of ineptness that is currently the president is telling. Thousands of black police officers disenfranchised, lithium battery production being better for the environment than fracking, rioters and looters running wild, and your main point is some people believe a man is a man and a woman is a woman? Just food for thought there is a legal port of entry for people trying to enter this country. The civil rights movement started in the 60’s minorities in the U.S. are experiencing substantial more wealth here than the countries they came from, African Americans in particular, so if bigotry and racism is more prevalent now please tell me how that’s happened. I’m not a Trump fan at all but I’m an American veteran that served my country for over 20 years in several different conflicts with many fine men of different color who had the same morals, values, and views that I do many who now are unfortunately not with us. I made an apparent attempt at a little bit of humor that has apparently struck a nerve that was not my intention. At some point if we don’t lose the label of Democrat or Republican and simply stand for what is right instead of what a political party tells us is right we’re all in trouble cause none of them are actually doing it for U.S.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
Like anything else, $$ will solve that potential problem.