Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Quarterbacks for 2021 season.
Who are some of the top qbs this year?
returning Mr Football Cam Hergott
Junior Chase Chrone 6'2 190 Simon Kenton threw for 1832 yards 12 tds and 683 yards 8 tds rushing as a Sophomore. He has 4899 yards total offense 3572 pass 1327 rush and accounted for 41 tds as the qb at SK. Started Freshman and Sophomore years.
The top QB's in the 13th Region area:
Tate Rice - Clay County - So.
Sydney Bowen - Williamsburg - Jr.
Cameron Combs - Corbin - Jr.
(06-15-2021, 06:22 PM)DarthVader Wrote: The top QB's in the 13th Region area:

What about the kid at North Laurel can’t remember his name but heard he’s pretty good.
(06-15-2021, 07:42 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

What about the kid at North Laurel can’t remember his name but heard he’s pretty good.

Unless North Laurel has drastically changed what they do on offense we will never know. The QB is not a featured position for them.
Drew Nieves at LCA will be one to keep an eye on. He had a very strong Junior campaign and will have the supporting cast to put up big numbers this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • Tigerallamerican
(06-16-2021, 12:45 AM)DarthVader Wrote:
(06-15-2021, 07:42 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Unless North Laurel has drastically changed what they do on offense we will never know. The QB is not a featured position for them.

Oh yeah I forgot about the Larkey special 3yds and a cloud of dust.

(06-16-2021, 08:21 AM)RoShamBo Wrote: Drew Nieves at LCA will be one to keep an eye on. He had a very strong Junior campaign and will have the supporting cast to put up big numbers this season.

I watched the title game he was impressive
Drew Nieves LCA. Lead the entire state or was in the top three for all categories last year. This was supposed to be his senior year but he reclassified and will redo his junior season. When you have a Mason Moore Xavier Brown Frankie night Tyler Morris and a host of others to throw the ball to here in pretty good company.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tigerallamerican's post:
  • PHSFarmersMarket
Williamsburg's Sydney Bowen has a chance to be special in Class A. The 'Burg has done a great job of developing QB's over the past 15 or 20 years.
[-] The following 3 users Like dodger's post:
  • 64SUR, Neersfan, WhomTheBellTolls
Isaac McNamee of Pikeville. Don't know how many D-1 QBs in KY this year but he is right up there with the best of them.
[-] The following 4 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Gus McCrae, Patriot1, PHS DYNASTY, RoShamBo
Gavin Wimsatt - Owensboro
Kaden Veltkamp - South Warren
Isaac McNamee Pikeville
Cole Pennington - Sayre
Joe Humphreys - Daviess Co.
Drew Nieves - Lexington Christian
Russ Osborne - Shelby Valley
[-] The following 4 users Like BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Gus McCrae, jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY, RoShamBo
I believe 1A Williamsburg Qb Sydney Bowen will be the best dual Qb in the state.
Lol^
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Gus McCrae, Tigerallamerican
Tate Rice at Clay County was one of the leaders in everything last year as a 9th grader. I think he had more touchdowns per game than anybody.
(06-17-2021, 02:22 PM)Hogsnot Wrote: Tate Rice at Clay County was one of the leaders in everything last year as a 9th grader. I think he had more touchdowns per game than anybody.

Tate's a good quarterback also.
I think the Adams boy from LCC did one heck of a job last year. Can’t wait to see what big things he does this year.
Soph Jack James at Paducah Tilghman, is definitley a kid who could be a mega star, storng arm coached by Qb legend Cory Robinson.
(06-15-2021, 05:43 PM)UK1fan Wrote: Junior Chase Chrone 6'2 190 Simon Kenton threw for 1832 yards 12 tds and 683 yards 8 tds rushing as a Sophomore.  He has 4899 yards total offense 3572 pass 1327 rush and accounted for 41 tds as the qb at SK. Started Freshman and Sophomore  years.

Crone is a solid QB who suffered from a bad case of a poor quality O-line in front of him. For that reason, his numbers are all the more impressive. For comparison:

Nieves (LCA) '20: 2651 yards/28 touchdowns passing; 466 yards/6 touchdowns rushing

Hergott (Beechwood) '20: 2467 yards/26 touchdowns passing; 1078 yards/15 touchdowns rushing

Wimsatt (Owensboro) '20: 2070 yards/26 touchdowns passing; 408 yards/6 touchdowns rushing

Pennington (Sayre) '20: 2051 yards/27 touchdowns passing; -16 yards/3 touchdowns rushing

Osborne (Shelby Valley) '20: 1891 yards/22 touchdowns passing; 580 yards/6 touchdowns rishing

Crone (Simon Kenton) '20: 1832 yards/12 touchdowns passing; 683 yards/8 touchdowns rushing

Rice (Clay Co) '20: 1627 yards/25 touchdowns passing; 22 yards/0 touchdowns rushing

McNamee (Pikeville) '20: 1583 yards/20 touchdowns passing; 77 yards/3 touchdowns rushing

Humphreys (Daviess Co) '20: 1577 yards/21 touchdowns passing; 483 yards/7 touchdowns rushing

Bowen (Williamstown) '20: 1555 yards/19 touchdowns passing; 566 yards/9 touchdowns rushing

Veltkamp (South Warren) '20: 1324 yards/17 touchdown passing; 22 yards/2 touchdowns rushing

Combs (Corbin) '20: 1241 yards/14 touchdowns passing; 288 yards/6 touchdowns rushing

Noon (Highlands) '20: 926 yards/9 touchdowns passing; 1089 yards/10 touchdowns rushing

Jack (Tilghman) '20: 807 yards/10 touchdowns passing; 2 yards/0 touchdowns rushing
(06-17-2021, 10:54 PM)sportyd Wrote: I think the Adams boy from LCC did one heck of a job last year. Can’t wait to see what big things he does this year.
Adam’s should have a big year with Letcher returning all but 6 players from last years team. Letcher should have a really good year this year and a even better one the year after most of there underclassmen took advantage of the extra year.Having Adam’s 2 more seasons will be big.
Nieves (LCA) '20: 2651 yards/28 touchdowns passing; 466 yards/6 touchdowns rushing - led state in passing yards / passing TD's

IMO the best QB returning. Reclassified as well. Has targets like Xavier Brown, Mason Moore, Tyler Morris, Frankie Knight, Jeffrey Selby, Elijah Hammonds, Jerimiah Riffle, Will Rich, Parker Chaney and Evan Nieves to throw to. And if any targets are not open his legs can do a lot of damage too. Those stats were over 12 games against great competition (LCA had highest RPI in state in all classes I believe). He's over looked recruiting wise due to his height (5'11 - 6' range). I don't think anyone will be overlooking him this year or next lol. Hard offense to prep for as a DC.
I expect that Gillis at Boyle will compete for post season awards. He is not a D1 level college player, but would think there would be interest at the D2 level as an athlete.
(07-08-2021, 06:41 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: I expect that Gillis at Boyle will compete for post season awards. He is not a D1 level college player,  but would think there would be interest at the D2  level as an athlete.
He's already been offered by UAB and has interest from a few others that are currently D1.
I’d heard that EKU had offered and it was pretty well a done deal but that was several months ago before he reclassified. Another year in the system Haddix runs will only make him better and he should see plenty of offers, good luck to the young man and all the players being mentioned on here. I really enjoy these Kentucky kids finally getting noticed for opportunities of a lifetime.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Tigerallamerican
Just because a kid has an offer from a D1 school, it doesn’t mean it’s a committable offer. UAB has offered 17 QBs, and if you are number 17 on that list, then you really don’t have a scholarship until those 16 ahead of you choose a different school. It’s become a ridiculous practice that all schools are now doing, and it’s completely stupid. Back in the day, if a school offered you a full ride, then it was yours if you wanted it, now you have committable offers and non-committable offers. If it’s non committable, then you really don’t have an offer. Does anyone know if Gillis’ offer is committable?
UAB has also offered Joe Humphreys from Daviess County.
(07-08-2021, 04:10 PM)Tigerallamerican Wrote: Nieves (LCA) '20: 2651 yards/28 touchdowns passing; 466 yards/6 touchdowns rushing - led state in passing yards / passing TD's

IMO the best QB returning. Reclassified as well. Has targets like Xavier Brown, Mason Moore, Tyler Morris, Frankie Knight, Jeffrey Selby, Elijah Hammonds, Jerimiah Riffle, Will Rich, Parker Chaney and Evan Nieves to throw to. And if any targets are not open his legs can do a lot of damage too. Those stats were over 12 games against great competition (LCA had highest RPI in state in all classes I believe). He's over looked recruiting wise due to his height (5'11 - 6' range). I don't think anyone will be overlooking him this year or next lol. Hard offense to prep for as a DC.
That LCA offense sure will be a handful