Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th region update (5-10-21)
(05-22-2021, 02:46 PM)The jetpilot Wrote: ^That is because Lakin has pitched against Trinity, Lafayette, LCA, Paintsville, Raceland, Boyd Co., Ashland etc...
You must not have seen Clark pitch or didn't see Thompson shut out Johnson Central on 3 hits.
And you didn't see the All-A championship where Pikeville beat Paintsville.
We will agree to disagree, by all means Pikeville has the pitching to win the region if their defense holds up.
I’ve seen all 3 pitch. Lakin is real deal. Other 2 are good. I have also seen struggles for Pikeville hitting the ball. Not saying they do not have a shot just saying Paintsville and Lawrence are favorites. One more team coming on is Prestonsburg once again first round draw at region is a factor for several.
Pikeville 15 vs.Southwestern 1 (5 innings)
Pikeville 5 at Paintsville 1

Today at Paintsville
Pikeville Baseball
@PikevilleHSBSB
· 1h
Pikeville 5 Paintsville 1 Final from Charlie Adkins Field. The Panthers sweep the final Saturday of the Regular Season & improve to 16-14. Brady Clark gets the W on the mound for Pike High. Pikeville takes the regular season series from the Tigers (24-7). #HailPikeville Paw prints
^Just want to add that the Pikeville Baseball account refers to Pikeville HS as Pike High. That's how everyone in Pikeville referred to the school for the last 100 years. Still sounds like a million dollars.

Way to go Pike High.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Panther Thunder
Pikeville Baseball
@PikevilleHSBSB
Another Top 25 matchup for the Pike High Panthers tonight as Lawrence County checks in at #24.

All “A” Sectional opponent Raceland is also now Receiving Votes.

Panthers have faced #1, #9, #10, #19 x2, #23 x3, #24 x2, & RV #28.

11 Games vs. the Top 30 in the Bluegrass.
Pikeville 9, Lawrence County 8 final from Louisa. Dawgs were up 8-1. Pikeville stormed back down 8-2 scoring 6 runs in the sixth and then one in the seventh to lead 9-8. Bulldogs got a single by Will Lafferty but last out was a fly out to RF. Two really good teams but both teams had a lot of errors and mistakes.
Updated 15th odds:

Pikeville 30
Paintsville 30
LC 30
JC 10
I think the 15th looks very good this year. Lawerence with Blevins. Pikeville with Lakin. Paintsville has a very nice ball club. But i’ll be the first to say it right here. Watch out for Belfry as the sleeper team this year. They’ve took some bad losses on the year but also had a lot of in team struggles. One of their best players in Ashton Deskins has missed 6 games due to suspension this year. But they seem to have gotten things figured out at the tail end of the season. Now sitting at a record of 19-11, their last 5 games have all been decided on mercy rule. Including a game against one of your all’s top 4 teams Johnson Central. That game took place at JC and JC also threw their best guy is what I was told, that game ended 14-3 in the pirates favor and Deskins also went deep that game as well. Also both of belfrys games this year against paintsville were close ones. At Paintsville it was tied 3-3 in the 7th and Paintsville hits a walkoff to win it. And at home it was 3-0 in paintsvilles favor. both of these games were also earlier in the year. This team has a very good defense when they are playing well. and in my opinion they have one of the best shortstops in the region in Gage Fields. the Kid can play. Pitching is not very deep for them But deskins can throw it and also they have a very good arm with the Parker kid. But when their bats are on they are a scary team. But i watched their game last night against pike centeal which i know is not the greatest team in the world but it was 16-0 in the 4th inning and they were holding up runners to not score anymore. could’ve easily put up 20 plus runs last night. All i’m saying is watch out for the pirates in tournament play. i think this team can play with anybody.
Johnson Central didn’t throw their best in that last game which resulted in a 14-3 win for Belfry. They pitched all their senior players for senior night. I think Belfry has a nice ball club, they are definitely a sleeper in the region and any team can get hot and win it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dawg_fan1983's post:
  • KyBaseball16
Belfry has no shot. So I won't count JC as a quality win if they let all their seniors pitch. That leaves Belfry with zero quality wins. Just look who their wins are against, you couldn't combine all of them and win the 15th.
(05-25-2021, 12:08 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Belfry has no shot. So I won't count JC as a quality win if they let all their seniors pitch. That leaves Belfry with zero quality wins. Just look who their wins are against, you couldn't combine all of them and win the 15th.
That’s a Stretch to say Belfry has no shot. I’m not saying they are going to 100% win the 15th by any means. but i’m just saying the way they are playing right now, they are looking good. Also JC would not just throw a 15th region game like that. All you see on here and what i’ve seen is JC is pretty deep with pitching. So give credit where credit is due that was a good win for belfry. Belfry ends the season against lawerence county so that will be a good game in my opinion.
(05-25-2021, 12:45 PM)KyBaseball16 Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 12:08 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Belfry has no shot. So I won't count JC as a quality win if they let all their seniors pitch. That leaves Belfry with zero quality wins. Just look who their wins are against, you couldn't combine all of them and win the 15th.
That’s a Stretch to say Belfry has no shot. I’m not saying they are going to 100% win the 15th by any means. but i’m just saying the way they are playing right now, they are looking good. Also JC would not just throw a 15th region game like that. All you see on here and what i’ve seen is JC is pretty deep with pitching. So give credit where credit is due that was a good win for belfry. Belfry ends the season against lawerence county so that will be a good game in my opinion.
Belfry has improved. Prestonsburg has improved. Pikeville is coming on at the right time. Their schedule is 2nd to none in quality opponents. But any given day a team can be off and 1 game or as Lawrence county saw last night a couple of bad innings and your beat. I’ll have to add Pikeville to one of favorites for the way they are finishing the season strong. But to say Belfry or few others has no chance is wrong.
(05-25-2021, 02:33 PM)Truewords Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 12:45 PM)KyBaseball16 Wrote:
Belfry has improved. Prestonsburg has improved. Pikeville is coming on at the right time. Their schedule is 2nd to none in quality opponents. But any given day a team can be off and 1 game or as Lawrence county saw last night a couple of bad innings and your beat. I’ll have to add Pikeville to one of favorites for the way they are finishing the season strong. But to say Belfry or few others has no chance is wrong.
JC has to find a way to get past litteral and Magoffin Co in the district before even thinking about winning or competing for a region title. That will not be an easy task at all. It’s a 3 horse race at the top Paintsville, Pikeville, LC. The rest can be a toss up honestly. Those 3 have separated from the rest.
I will change my odds from JC 10% to all others 10%. I agree anyone can be taken out on a given night but IMO only the top 3 teams are capable of winning 3 games in the region tourney. But stranger things can and do happen.
I am assuming the "oh Jesus Christ" is from an LC fan. If so, all-time classic lol...

https://twitter.com/PikevilleHSBSB/statu...4972776453
I agree 100% with all the recent posts. Lawerence is and always have been tough. Great Program. Pikeville as well. Paintsville as well. I’m just really not bought into the Whole JC is a top team yet. i would like to see how they finish off the season. and i feel as if prestonsburg and belfry are the two sneaky teams. But as for belfry, i’m very interested to see how their last two games go. they play tonight against a decent. and i’m being nice here. decent martin county team. and then end the season against LC. if they can take out martin by mercy rule or by a decent amount like their last 5 games. and then play LC well their last game of the season. i would say they are a scary out in post season play.
Anyone know who was on the mound when Lakin hit the bomb to tie it up??
Blue Fletcher was on the mound.
(05-25-2021, 11:19 PM)Dawg_fan1983 Wrote: Blue Fletcher was on the mound.
Blue pitched well. Should’ve never been in that situation. Should’ve been out of the 6th with zero runs scored. Got tired and served one up and Lakin hit it hard.
That’s exactly right. Blue pitched well enough to win, too many errors cost them.
There's a shoulda woulda coulda in every loss.
Sure there is, wasn’t making excuses, Lawrence lost and that is that.
^^^The good news for LC fans is that game means nothing. It is about to get real though. 15th tournament should be a great one.
Yes it should. It will be exciting because 3-4 teams could get hot and win it all.
LC at Belfry right now, Belfry up 2-1 in the 2nd. Thoughts??????
My thought is the game is just getting going.
(05-26-2021, 07:51 PM)Dawg_fan1983 Wrote: My thought is the game is just getting going.
Agreed, i didn’t mean thoughts on the score at the moment. i just meant thoughts of the game in general.

LC at Belfry update. Belfry 2, LC 2, Bottom 5th.

LC 4, Belfry 2. Crucial errors on Belfrys end.

5-4 Belfry in the 6th
6-6 going to top of the 8th
(05-26-2021, 07:47 PM)KyBaseball16 Wrote: LC at Belfry right now, Belfry up 2-1 in the 2nd. Thoughts??????
It all depends on who has been on the mound for LC.
Belfry takes down the Mighty Lawerence County 9-8 in 8 innings. i called it a few days ago. Belfry is the dark horse of the region for me. granted lawerence did not throw their best. but neither did belfry. Belfry ends the season on a 7 game winning streak.