Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Isaac Dixon Will Return For Belfry For Class of 2022
Isaac Dixon will return for the Belfry Pirates for the Class of 2022.  With this news and other news forthcoming from the Pirate camp, move the Big Red back near the top of 3A football for 2021.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bucslover68's post:
  • cuppett777
Cannot blame Isaac for taking advantage of this opportunity.

I hope it all works out for him.
I like Dixon. Can you say Mr. Football candidate!
(04-28-2021, 05:49 PM)bucslover68 Wrote: Isaac Dixon will return for the Belfry Pirates for the Class of 2022.  With this news and other news forthcoming from the Pirate camp, move the Big Red back near the top of 3A football for 2021.

With Dixon returning...and some others who have not announced yet.....Belfry will be right in the hunt.  Gotta find a fullback.  Fullback makes Haywood's offense tick.
Great news for belfry football!! Bad news for 3A teams.
Wow ! Bad news for 3 A. Dixon returning is a game changer.
(04-28-2021, 06:56 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
(04-28-2021, 05:49 PM)bucslover68 Wrote: Isaac Dixon will return for the Belfry Pirates for the Class of 2022.  With this news and other news forthcoming from the Pirate camp, move the Big Red back near the top of 3A football for 2021.

With Dixon returning...and some others who have not announced yet.....Belfry will be right in the hunt.  Gotta find a fullback.  Fullback makes Haywood's offense tick.
I have no doubts they are scouring the earth for one as we speak.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • PGL
(04-29-2021, 07:16 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

I have no doubts they are scouring the earth for one as we speak.

Well....they didn't have one last year.....so.....they may be
They have one, and a QB and HB faster than Dixon.
(04-29-2021, 10:53 PM)bucslover68 Wrote: They have one, and a QB and HB faster than Dixon.
You have peaked my curiosity with the HB that’s faster than Dixon. The other 2 spots I can kind of figure out. But the Hb faster than Dixon has me puzzled.
(04-29-2021, 10:53 PM)bucslover68 Wrote: They have one, and a QB and HB faster than Dixon.
Who is the HB that is faster than Dixon? Must be someone not on the roster last season unless someone got a lot faster. I find it hard to believe Dixon won't be the fastest player on the team next year.

Are you talking about the incoming freshman Stanley? He is fast but not close to Dixon.
Pirates are out on the high seas looking for a fullback
Think Stanley can be the FB or will he be year away?
(04-30-2021, 01:06 PM)E's Army Wrote: Pirates are out on the high seas looking for a fullback
On land too. Look for a move on the waiver wire soon.
C'mon Buck. You brought us this far, don't leave us hanging. I'll say this, if the back you speak of is faster than Dixon, then next level recruiters should be beating his door down already. Coleman graduates so who will be next up at qb spot?
Not sure if this is who has been implied but have heard a rumor the Clark kid who played basketball for Belfry this past season is thinking of trying his luck on the gridiron.

Stanley is the heir apparent to be the FB for Belfry in the near future. Kid has potential for a bright future but going to be some heavy weight on his shoulders so young. Think he will end up being a good one!
^^^Is that the kid who transferred in from Huntington? If so, very good athlete. Blur on the basketball court.
On a comical note, when I heard the Clark rumor I said maybe they should get Bol Kuir to come out as well and play SE when they need a two point conversion or are in a goal to go situation.

Just throw it up against 1 on 1 and let him have his shot against a shorter CB from the other team. HAHA
(04-30-2021, 01:34 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: Not sure if this is who has been implied but have heard a rumor the Clark kid who played basketball for Belfry this past season is thinking of trying his luck on the gridiron.

Stanley is the heir apparent to be the FB for Belfry in the near future. Kid has potential for a bright future but going to be some heavy weight on his shoulders so young. Think he will end up being a good one!
If Clark is the one referred to, and if he's as fast and quick on the field as he is on the hardwood, then Belfry got a bonus in him.
(04-30-2021, 01:37 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: On a comical note, when I heard the Clark rumor I said maybe they should get Bol Kuir to come out as well and play SE when they need a two point conversion or are in a goal to go situation.

Just throw it up against 1 on 1 and let him have his shot against a shorter CB from the other team. HAHA
what is the reason this kid didn't get any scholarship offers? No 1aa or div 2 offers? I know him to be a great player but what is the hang up
(04-30-2021, 02:18 PM)FCSPY Wrote: what is the reason this kid didn't get any scholarship offers?  No 1aa or div 2 offers? I know him to be a great player but what is the hang up
I cant speak for Dixon's situation as I do not know.

What I can relay is something I witnessed first hand here in GA between a Mid-Major D-1 program and the Head Coach of a State Championship winning High School program.

The scout was there watching a specific DLinemen and this team had a Jack of All Trades kid who was a High School stud. That night he went off.. had a return TD, a rushing TD, a receiving TD, and made some big plays on defense as well from his DB position.

The Head Coach goes to the scout and said jokingly, "I am not telling you how to do your job, but I don't see how you can't offer this kid after what you witnessed tonight."

The Scout shook his head, admitted the kid was a great player and that he carried the team to victory, then said, " Here's my thing Coach...  He is a great player and this is no slight to him, but he is a 5'11 195 white boy who runs a hand timed 4.5 40 playing against good but not great competition. This is no slight whatsoever to the kid, but there are probably 1000 kids across this country who may or may not be just as good as him. I have to recruit off what he will do as a Senior at my college and not what he is doing as a Senior in High School. We simply cannot take a risk on whether he is that rare kid in those 1000 and I only have so many scholarships to work with. I simply can't take that chance unless I KNOW he is different"

I will never forget that conversation. For the record, this was about 6 years ago.. that kid ended up going to a D-2 school and is now starting his coaching career.

Dixon is a tremendous HS player and may be that exception, but he has an uphill battle because of his measurables.
[-] The following 2 users Like EKUAlum05's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, OutlawJoseyWales
(04-30-2021, 01:28 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 01:06 PM)E's Army Wrote: Pirates are out on the high seas looking for a fullback
On land too. Look for a move on the waiver wire soon.
I believe we searched the US 23 waiver wire from SV to Prestonsburg....but Pikeville has the first option.  tough sledding Smile Wink

(04-30-2021, 01:37 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Is that the kid who transferred in from Huntington? If so, very good athlete. Blur on the basketball court.
I actually thought he was from Charleston.  could be wrong.  apparently he played football while in the Charleston-Huntington general area.   From what I understand he could be a nice addition to the football program.

(04-30-2021, 02:18 PM)FCSPY Wrote: what is the reason this kid didn't get any scholarship offers?  No 1aa or div 2 offers? I know him to be a great player but what is the hang up
Too my understanding he did have some offers, but chose not to publicize them.  I do know he had a PWO from WVU.    Again, he's a tremendous kid., on and off the field.   Certainly hope things bounce his way.

West Virginia has plenty to chose from Smile
(04-30-2021, 06:34 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

West Virginia has plenty to chose from Smile
choose.
I wish him luck, I was asking as I do. It know him, or haven’t really seen him play. I get it, lots of kids fall into that category. Lots of coaches miss out due to the measurables
(04-30-2021, 03:16 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote:

What I can relay is something I witnessed first hand here in GA between a Mid-Major D-1 program and the Head Coach of a State Championship winning High School program.

The scout was there watching a specific DLinemen and this team had a Jack of All Trades kid who was a High School stud. That night he went off.. had a return TD, a rushing TD, a receiving TD, and made some big plays on defense as well from his DB position.

The Head Coach goes to the scout and said jokingly, "I am not telling you how to do your job, but I don't see how you can't offer this kid after what you witnessed tonight."

The Scout shook his head, admitted the kid was a great player and that he carried the team to victory, then said, " Here's my thing Coach...  He is a great player and this is no slight to him, but he is a 5'11 195 white boy who runs a hand timed 4.5 40 playing against good but not great competition. This is no slight whatsoever to the kid, but there are probably 1000 kids across this country who may or may not be just as good as him. I have to recruit off what he will do as a Senior at my college and not what he is doing as a Senior in High School. We simply cannot take a risk on whether he is that rare kid in those 1000 and I only have so many scholarships to work with. I simply can't take that chance unless I KNOW he is different"

I will never forget that conversation. For the record, this was about 6 years ago.. that kid ended up going to a D-2 school and is now starting his coaching career.

Dixon is a tremendous HS player and may be that exception, but he has an uphill battle because of his measurables.
You just made the argument that he should furthering his education in college TODAY.
what made him come back? i thought he was going to WV?
We all know that Haywood's teams develop as the season progresses. But what kind of 0 line will Dixon and Clark have to start out opening holes for them ? Last i saw, the entire 0  line was pretty much depleted to graduation.
(05-02-2021, 04:12 PM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote: We all know that Haywood's teams develop as the season progresses. But what kind of 0 line will Dixon and Clark have to start out opening holes for them ? Last i saw, the entire 0  line was pretty much depleted to graduation.
2 who would have graduated are returning and one junior is staying back to have 2 more years. So at least 3 of the starting OL will be back from last years team
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
(04-30-2021, 03:16 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote:

Here is my take.... If you're were not a DI (FBS or FCS) in your 4 stellar years in HS state champ, all district, all state etc etc), you're most likely not after doing the super senior year.