Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 AP Kentucky All State Football Team
The Associated Press' 2020 Kentucky All-State Football Teams (apnews.com)

Congrats to all that were named to the AP all state team!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesdeane's post:
  • Westside
Congratulations to all these players!
Joke.
(04-16-2021, 11:23 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: Joke.

while I agree some people should have been on that aren’t, just congratulate the kids that made it and move on. All worked hard. Congratulations to all named.
The joke is that they wait till most of these kids have committed somewhere to "release the list" and the fact that it took over 100 days to release, when basketball list took less than 2 weeks.
Is William Long playing college ball anywhere?
(04-19-2021, 10:47 AM)RoShamBo Wrote: Is William Long playing college ball anywhere?

I may be wrong, but I thought he committed to Center College I think I read somewhere.
(04-19-2021, 10:47 AM)RoShamBo Wrote: Is William Long playing college ball anywhere?

I think Alabama.
(04-19-2021, 12:10 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:

I think Alabama.
Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes #55PirateFan's post:
  • jetpilot
He should have been Mr. Football since he was 1st team on both sides of the ball.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghostofjoey's post:
  • FootballFan1999
Congrats to those who made it, No way someone should be on it on both sides of the ball, I did not even know this was possible. I see some that should have made it over others.. But that is part of it, hard to narrow it down.
Was good to see some Trinity boys make the list this year considering they are a National Powerhouse. A lot of their kids get left off usually.
The AP All-State Football Team used to be a prestigious list until they allowed a "certain" person on the voting panel 3 years ago and stood by while he corrupted it. Yes, 99% of the kids selected to this team are deserving. The problem is that a certain individual used this platform for personal reasons.

You'll never convince me that his son was a 1st Team All-Stater 3 years in a row, and in some cases, ahead of guys like Walker Parks, John Young, Dane Jackson, Chris Malala, Blake Moody, and many other very good linemen. The kid is a decent football player but he's not a Power 5 recruit like a few of the guys he was picked ahead of. This man had already turned the AP into a joke but this year he took it even further. Not only did he put his son back on the 1st Team offense, he also put him on the 1st Team defense as well, something that hasn't been done in years to my knowledge. I'm not even sure if great athletes like Wandale Robinson, Michael Mayer, and Rondale Moore were 1st Team All-Staters on both sides of the ball.

(So what you're trying to tell us is that your son, a 5'9" linemen at Breathitt was a better athlete than those guys? Come on now!)

Why has this been allowed to happen for so "LONG"? I could understand if he snuck his boy on the 1st Team somewhere his senior year and got away with it (maybe). But to get away with it for three years in a row when everyone that knows anything about football knows this kid is not on the same level as Walker Parks (Clemson), Jager Burton (UK), John Young (UK), Tanner Bowles (Alabama), Eli Cox (UK), Bryan Hudson (VT), and many others who he was picked ahead of is a shame and someone should have stopped it before it got out of hand, like it did. These teams are made up for the best of the best, not for being fan favorites/family members.

That's why I say the AP is nothing but a joke now. Not because of the players who were selected, but because the AP Committee allowed this man to ruin the integrity of the list by using the platform for personal gain. And I'm not "ragging" on his son either. He's a decent football player and deserved to be on the list somewhere, just not where he was placed and defiantly not 1st Team on both sides of the ball. It would take an elite player to be 1st Team on both sides of the ball, and decent isn't elite! But "Daddy" couldnt resist and he abused his power and destroyed the integrity of the AP All-State Football Team just to make himself look good, and they let him get away with it....
[-] The following 3 users Like #55PirateFan's post:
  • Bull got out!, MaroonPancakes, OutlawJoseyWales
Well said 55PirateFan. We were talking about this same thing last night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • #55PirateFan
(04-20-2021, 08:51 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Well said 55PirateFan. We were talking about this same thing last night.
It's a shame my friend, it really is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes #55PirateFan's post:
  • Bull got out!
What does said parent have to do with the list ?
There hasn't been an AP "committee" in 30 years. I was on one then, but nothing is the same now. I haven't seen the list, but the fact that it wasn't posted in November like the old days shows no one with AP cares anymore. It used to be a great group.
(04-20-2021, 11:27 PM)HCS Wrote: There hasn't been an AP "committee" in 30 years. I was on one then, but nothing is the same now. I haven't seen the list, but the fact that it wasn't posted in November like the old days shows no one with AP cares anymore. It used to be a great group.
If there's no committee then how are these teams selected? I mean, some "group" has to come together and vote for the players who make this list, right? If so, then isn't that called a committee?
(04-21-2021, 05:06 AM)#55PirateFan Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 11:27 PM)HCS Wrote: There hasn't been an AP "committee" in 30 years. I was on one then, but nothing is the same now. I haven't seen the list, but the fact that it wasn't posted in November like the old days shows no one with AP cares anymore. It used to be a great group.
If there's no committee then how are these teams selected? I mean, some "group" has to come together and vote for the players who make this list, right? If so, then isn't that called a committee?
12 people send in votes, is my understanding how it went this time. I'd imagine the last 3 years have been similar.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • #55PirateFan
Of those 12 people who voted, I think 2 of those people have 2 votes each. Looks like everyone knows who 1 is, the other writes for 2 papers in Laurel County, and each paper in the past has had its own ap vote to cast.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesdeane's post:
  • #55PirateFan
(04-21-2021, 08:12 AM)RoShamBo Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 05:06 AM)#55PirateFan Wrote:
12 people send in votes, is my understanding how it went this time. I'd imagine the last 3 years have been similar.
By where a couple of players ended up on this list, I'd say that's exactly how it went.
All you have to do to get an AP vote is pay for it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghostofjoey's post:
  • #55PirateFan