Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brohm still better than Woodson
First thing is Im not a Louisville fan but no way after one game has Woodson been put higher on the pro scouts radar than Mr. Brohm.Of course we can argue all day but until the draft next year we wont have our answer.Well I will because no way is Woodson has good as Mr. Brohm.I do think Woodson has really turned around his career.From just an average QB at best to one of the best in the land.I also think you have to see Brohm live to see what the big deal is.Woodson will have to get rid of the ball quicker.He kinda has a long delivery.
Regardless the state of Kentucky has reason to be proud of these two great QB's from the same state.
Noexcuses Wrote:Regardless the state of Kentucky has reason to be proud of these two great QB's from the same state.

Your right. But this is something I just found on ESPN. It is the top 32 seniors in college football for the 2008 draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/index
Blackcat student how bout that rafael little.Do you think WV will beat Louisville.I think Kentucky has improved more than any team in the country.They have gotten to the point where at home they could play with anybody in the country.
blackcat_student Wrote:Your right. But this is something I just found on ESPN. It is the top 32 seniors in college football for the 2008 draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/index

I personally agree with that and think Woodson is slightly better than Brohm, and showed it under poise last night.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Brohm has had better recievers throughout his college career, UK's recievers have stepped it up the last two years though.
Noexcuses Wrote:Blackcat student how bout that rafael little.Do you think WV will beat Louisville.I think Kentucky has improved more than any team in the country.They have gotten to the point where at home they could play with anybody in the country.

Rafael Little is the best known secret in the SEC. Little is tenth in the country in rushing yards and is fourteenth in yards per carry with 7.5 yards per carry. West Virginia will most certainly beat Louisville if the cards keep playing the way they have on defense. White, Slaton, and Devine will have a field day with the cards defense. As for Kentucky playing at home, it will be tough for away teams to come away with a win, but I still question UK fans on how rowdy they can be. UK fans need to be loud every game, not just for big games against rivals, and Top 25 teams. They do have Florida Atlantic next at home and thats a very dangerous game for UK, cause Florida Atlantic did defeat Minnesota yesterday. So overall I think it will be hard for UK to defeat Florida and LSU at home as for the rest of the home games I think they all can be won by the cats.
Saying Woodson is better after one game dont hold any water.Woodson won his first game ever against Brohm last night.As I said first,, we all have to wait and see who gets drafted higher.Brohm could be playing in the NFL as we talk.Woodson just started getting alot of hype since the middle of last year on a national level.Brohm has been there since his senior year.I understand Ky fans seeing their man as better but me like 98% of the pro scouts see it different.Some scouts, especially the steelers scout had Brohm ahead of the kid from LSU who went to the Raiders.
Noexcuses Wrote:Saying Woodson is better after one game dont hold any water.Woodson won his first game ever against Brohm last night.As I said first,, we all have to wait and see who gets drafted higher.Brohm could be playing in the NFL as we talk.Woodson just started getting alot of hype since the middle of last year on a national level.Brohm has been there since his senior year.I understand Ky fans seeing their man as better but me like 98% of the pro scouts see it different.Some scouts, especially the steelers scout had Brohm ahead of the kid from LSU who went to the Raiders.
I think, as someone said earlier, that Woodson is better but Brohm has the better recievers. I don't think Brohm is exceptional under pressure, as he showed last year at Rutgers and his first pass against UK was a pick. So, as you can clearly see, my opinion is not just based on the UK UL game, although I think it was proven then. Plus that is completely rediculous saying that 98% of the scouts think Brohm is better - you just made that up.
What the NFL scouts look for now is size, efficiency, agility, and how they do under pressure. Thats why Matt Linert was supposed to go higher than than Vince Young in the draft, and Brady Quinn was supposed to go higher than Jamarcus Russell in the draft. And now its the same story but different verse. But this is all my opinion. All these guys where supposed to be better in the preseason, but the others went higher in the draft.
Only Kentucky fans pick woodson over brohm.I never made that up but I never seen any publication that picked woodson over brohm.So make that 100%
Going to bed on saying Brohm is not good under pressure.Dumbest post of the year.
Noexcuses Wrote:Only Kentucky fans pick woodson over brohm.I never made that up but I never seen any publication that picked woodson over brohm.So make that 100%

Did you not see the link I posted earlier in this thread? It has Woodson rated higher than Brohm.
It's great to have 2 of the best qb's in the game from the state of kentucky. Don't it just make you proud that you are from the bluegrass state?
They had the top 25 players I didnt think they were listed as they were projected.According to that woodson has the best receiver.Blackcat if you click on that site look to the left of the 25 players listed.It says Brohm atop at QB,,no joke thanks that site backed up what Im saying.But really guys dont you all agree we will have to wait and see how the draft goes.Last year on here dozens argued Oden wouldnt be picked first in the nba draft but he did.
No it doesnt,,re read
Noexcuses Wrote:They had the top 25 players I didnt think they were listed as they were projected.According to that woodson has the best receiver.Blackcat if you click on that site look to the left of the 25 players listed.It says Brohm atop at QB,,no joke thanks that site backed up what Im saying.But really guys dont you all agree we will have to wait and see how the draft goes.Last year on here dozens argued Oden wouldnt be picked first in the nba draft but he did.

Thats Mel Kipers opinion and Scouts, Inc. opinion. Just like its mine and yours. I know what your saying, and what we both say is true.
Forget that anyway,, wasnt that so exciting when the Ky receiver got behind the D on the winning catch.Great play by woodson.That is usually what happens to kentucky.
Noexcuses Wrote:Forget that anyway,, wasnt that so exciting when the Ky receiver got behind the D on the winning catch.Great play by woodson.That is usually what happens to kentucky.

Very Nice and it was a very exciting game to watch.
I think it's kinda silly to judge a player based on one game, but I take the stand that Brohm would be the "safe" nfl draft pick, while Woodson would be the "high ceiling, low basement" guy.... Woodson is a very intriging guy and in the right system could be a really good pro quarterback IMO...
Come guys, LANGUAGE EDIT, Woodson LED the SEC in passing last year, THE SEC, NOT the Big East. Hell he woulda threw for 5,000 yards in the Big East. Like I said earlier, Brohm has had the better recievers throughout his career, and not only that, look at the rest of his surroundings.
I cant believe Ky gets a win finally over Louisville and now Brohm is second to woodson.Freaknasty will explain it to you redneck.Thats too goofy to discuss anymore.
Noexcuses Wrote:I cant believe Ky gets a win finally over Louisville and now Brohm is second to woodson.Freaknasty will explain it to you redneck.Thats too goofy to discuss anymore.

I'm not a UK fan, but I know talent when I see it. If UK would have been as successfull as UL the last couple years people would have noticed Woodson then. Woodson has done his job at the QB position, it's just now that he finally has some help.
he is tough!!
Just imagine Brohm in SEC and Andre in the BIg East for 4 yrs, then how would this arguement go???? Just wondering
Can't just stick Brohm on any team in the SEC. To make this comparison you would have to put Brohm at UK and Woodson at UL and see how the arguement goes. Could Brohm handle all the down times that Woodson has. What I mean by that is Brohm has never been on a losin team, how would he react to gettin sacked 7 times a game and havin to run for his life 90% of the time, that's the big question.
Something from the game that stood out to me was the last play. How far did Brohm throw the ball? I don't think he threw it 50 yards. Woodson has a gun but Brohm is extremely accurate. Woodson could be great or he could be a flop, but for you to say it's Brohm no doubt is something I don't agree on. I would however take Brohm at this moment.
The best thing that has ever happend to Woodson was Randy Sanders coming up from UT last season. He has made him an excellent QB. I also agree with the saying that one game shouldn't make or break a guy. I have seen Brohm play several times and the worst I have ever seen him play was in the 1st half of the spring game this past season. They were playing 1's vs. 1's and Brohm maybe completed 4 of his 20+ passing attempts. He looked as if he short armed a lot of his throws under pressure, was throwing at guys feet when they were in the open field, or leaving his guys out to dry. In the regular season games I have seen him in, against sub-par teams in the Big East, he has looked great. I am also curious as to what would he have been able to do in the SEC on a team with the typical UK tradition. Would his stats been the same getting sacked 8 times a game like Redneck said? Probably not because he would not be playing, Brohm is injury prone and has missed several games over the course of his career. His Soph. year he blew his knee out, last year he broke a thumb on his throwing hand, and it is still early this year. Woodson has definately had the tougher road to get where he is, but I am glad things seem to be going his way.
Stupid statement Kentucky has the man they want at QB and Louisville has their man. Kentucky's prevailed last night and ruined perfect Brohm's bid for a national title. Woodson hasent had a solid team behind him his whole career and now that he does look at what he's doing with it. I'm a Kentucky fan so yeah I may be a little biased but Woodson hasent thrown an interception all year and is 3-0 can Brohm say the same. Oh yeah am I not mistaken but wasent Woodson picked above Brohm for preseason all american.
Draft doesn't mean anything either. ex Ryan Leaf