Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 14 Clay County 0 (5 innings)
Final from Perry County Central.
Clay is way down since Breanda Owens graduated. With Covid last year, and the ousting of former coach the “mad hatter”, Clay will try to start the rebuild of a former top notch team.
By the end of the season, Clay County will notch some good wins under their belt. They are not weak, just retooling.
(04-08-2021, 12:48 AM)Lowdown Wrote: Clay is way down since Breanda Owens graduated. With Covid last year, and the ousting of former coach the “mad hatter”, Clay will try to start the rebuild of a former top notch team.
Clay only has a hand full of girls who really have any varsity experience period.  They will take some whippings but I think they will improve throughout the year.  No one will replace Owens as a pitcher because she was dominate night in and night out.......but Clay has a few nice pitchers coming up once they shake off the rust.
I agree, can’t replace a Breanda Owens! Those girls, more than anything I think, just need to get reps and play. I’m sure that will help the rebuild of a normally very tough and scrappy Clay County team. Keep churning girls!