Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 39 South Laurel 35 (13th Region Quarterfinals)
Connor  was the star tonight.  Not Robinson but Farmer.  Great game, young man !  

Clay advances to place Knox Central on Friday evening.

Two of the four district "losers"  advance to the semis on Friday :  

North Laurel
Corbin

Knox Central
Clay County

From my perspective , Corbin and Clay are beautiful "losers."

South Laurel couldn’t get anything going in this one. They were very passive on offense, turned down a lot of open shots, and had too many turnovers.
(03-24-2021, 01:16 AM)Mister D Wrote: South Laurel couldn’t get anything going in this one. They were very passive on offense, turned down a lot of open shots, and had too many turnovers.

I was very surprised at how poorly they played. This didn't look like the team that won at Trinity , beat Knox, and Corbin(three times).   In fact, other than the Farmer kid for Clay,  the offense in this game was deplorable on both sides. Just dreadful!!!
It was an ugly, ugly game to watch. Even though they won this one, if Clay plays like that Friday night KC will run them out of the arena.
ROCK FIGHT
I hope I am wrong  but I saw nothing Monday and Tuesday to make me think Corbin or Clay will prevent another  North/ Knox final. 

I still will be watching and rooting for the Hounds and Tigers, though!!!
How many North/Knox finals have happened?
Win and advance. Congrats to Tigers
(03-24-2021, 07:36 PM)HCS Wrote: How many North/Knox finals have happened?

Just the one from two years ago when KC won their first region in many moons. But they have met quite a few times in earlier rounds.

Just the last two.  '19     and '20   .

(03-24-2021, 09:04 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Just the last two.  '19     and '20   .

Brain fart.     2019 only  .   Knox has won the last two but played Harlan County last year.
I thought you meant the last two years - good semifinal game last year