Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Damned Good Rock Song Not Heard in Decades - Help Me Out !
In this thread, I want to see if you can add to my playlist. I'm looking for some good rock tunes that I've not heard in a couple or three decades or more.  You know, just a great old rock song that's kinda gotten lost in the shuffle and doesn't get played  by our music sources or just an oldie that you had forgotten about but maybe heard recently for the first time in forever.  I'm wanting songs that make me say, "damned, that was a kick ass rock tune!"  Gimme a song that had a sound that just oozed the era from which it came and bonus points if it had some kick ass lyrics as well. My favorite decades for music were the 70's and  80's , so I'm especially looking for some stuff from those eras.

I'll start and you guys can  add to it. Tell me whether you give this song from 1982(Damn, almost forty years ago) a thumbs up or thumbs down. I hadn't heard this one for decades until I found it on you tube a few days ago.  Tell me what you think.  Doesn't this one immediately take you back to the eighties?

Is it just me or does it  remind you of Foreigner, only better?    Joe Lynn Turner  was an awesome  rock vocalist.   Come on,  you four or five guys that participate in these threads are my music critics.  I trust that you can give me some kick a$$ forgotten oldies to listen to this summer.

Every night i have the same old dream
'Bout you and me and what's in between
So many changes, so many lies
Try to run, try to hide
From everything that i feel inside
But i can't escape you or your frozen eyes...
Searching in the darkness
Fading out of sight
Love was here and gone like a thief in the night...
Stone cold...

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...g&usqp=CAU]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot
Messages In This Thread
Damned Good Rock Song Not Heard in Decades - Help Me Out ! - by Old School Hound - 03-20-2021, 04:08 PM