Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 65 Lawrence County 42 (58th District Championship)
Final

First time Betsy Layne will be at the region since 2014
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
How bout them Bobcats!!! Without Frazier still get it done behind great defense and Andrew Kidd stepping up and going nuts tonight!!! Proud to be a Bobcat tonight
GLAD TO SEE LAWRENCE COUNTY GET BEAT. THEY BELONG IN THE 16TH REGION.
(03-18-2021, 10:14 PM)SouthEast18 Wrote: How bout them Bobcats!!! Without Frazier still get it done behind great defense and Andrew Kidd stepping up and going nuts tonight!!! Proud to be a Bobcat tonight

Andrew could’ve shot from half court tonight and I’d thought it would’ve went in. 

But the key player tonight was Jake Rainey. Kid did absolutely everything but make free throws. He was huge tonight
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Blackcatdad
The Bobcats with the smack down on the Bulldogs. Congratulations to Betsy Layne.
(03-18-2021, 10:58 PM)Hi Spud6 Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 10:14 PM)SouthEast18 Wrote: How bout them Bobcats!!! Without Frazier still get it done behind great defense and Andrew Kidd stepping up and going nuts tonight!!! Proud to be a Bobcat tonight

Andrew could’ve shot from half court tonight and I’d thought it would’ve went in. 

But the key player tonight was Jake Rainey. Kid did absolutely everything but make free throws. He was huge tonight
Ohh I agree Rainey was all over the floor blocking shots getting rebounds getting steals. Shawn D was huge as well held Maynard to 7 points when he averages 22 and flashed on offense as well. Just a great team win and I couldn’t be happier for all the players and coaches. Winning like losing is contagious. Sometimes you just need that one to break through I really feel like this is the start of a dominate run in the 58th and some good showings in the big show
[-] The following 2 users Like SouthEast18's post:
  • Blackcatdad, Spud6
Great to see the Bobcats get it done tonight. Congrats to them.
I’ve been one of the biggest critic on here in the past of BL. Very impressive performance last night. Without Frazier and with that Defensive effort, it was a very good win for the Bobcats. Looks like Newsome has them playing the way he wants and everyone is bought in. Without Frazier in the Region it will be difficult but I’m looking forward to seeing the matchups.

I see the Bobcats owning the 58th for years to come. FC I believe needs to start over with someone on the outside. Pburg will lose a lot to graduation and possibly transfers. LC doesn’t look like the Lc of old. Newsome has a chance to win multiple district titles and be one of the best coaches in the 58th ever by the time he retires.
(03-19-2021, 12:23 AM)SouthEast18 Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 10:58 PM)Hi Spud6 Wrote:

Ohh I agree Rainey was all over the floor blocking shots getting rebounds getting steals. Shawn D was huge as well held Maynard to 7 points when he averages 22 and flashed on offense as well. Just a great team win and I couldn’t be happier for all the players and coaches. Winning like losing is contagious. Sometimes you just need that one to break through I really feel like this is the start of a dominate run in the 58th and some good showings in the big show

I agree Shawn played huge.  What got missed by so many was the defensive effort by the Bobcats.  They held Lawrence county to 19 points in the second half.  With LCs 2 leading scorers to 19 total (Maynard 7, Adkins 12) for the game.

So many big time plays tonight by BL.  I agree with Spud6, Rainey showed you don’t have to score to change a game.  The energy, hustle, defense and passing from Rainey got the whole team excited.  Andrew was on fire and played the best game I have seen him play. 

For Betsy Layne so many times you hear about the big three, Frazier-Robinson- Mims (deservedly so) but tonight the role players showed why they are so important.  It’s going to take this type of effort in the Region if they are going to keep playing.  Great Win BL!
Congrats to the Bobcats!
Nice win Bobcats!