Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Tournament
Anyone know when the draw is?

As of now;

Winners: Knott County Central (53rd), Hazard (54th).

Runner-Ups: Cordia (53rd), Perry County Central (54th).

Still to play: Breathitt County/Wolfe County (55th District Championship), Estill County/Owsley County (56th District Championship)
The draw is Wednesday!!
Way Perry played last night against Hazard. They will be a tough draw for either Knott, Wolfe and Estill. Those three will be winners of the district and one of them will get Perry in first game.
(03-16-2021, 07:56 AM)MADDBOMBER14 Wrote: The draw is Wednesday!!

How can they do it with district championships being played Wednesday?
I think its pretty much a toss up. Wolfe, Knott, Hazard, Perry, and Breathitt.
Wolfe, Hazard, or Knott will be winner in the 14th - nothing changed since day 1 of the season
Wouldnt count out Breathitt.
How can u discount Perry after the last game? Also Breathitt at home?
Forget the regular season. None of that matters now.

I'd say all games will be competitive and Hazard,Knott,Wolfe,Perry, Breathitt or Estill could cut the nets.

Toss up indeed.
(03-16-2021, 10:48 AM)Strikeout King Wrote:

How can they do it with district championships being played Wednesday?

They'll go on the bracket as 56th loser and 56th winner
Better not sleep on Estill County. The Engineers are definitely capable of making it to the region semis and maybe farther. They have a 15-4 record.
Estill beat a dandy Sayre team by 10 on the road a few weeks back that beat Wolfe a few games earlier.
Watched the Wolfe and Breathitt game on bluegrass sports nation Facebook tonight and Wolfe was impressive. Jaz Johnson and Wilgus Tolson are a handful in the backcourt and Thompson and Elijha Tolson are shooters , Ritchie played well in the middle and had two nice dunks, the Wolves will be a tough out in the region, beat breathiest 79-58 tonight
(03-16-2021, 10:48 AM)Strikeout King Wrote:

How can they do it with district championships being played
A loser will just draw the winner of 56th and a winner will just draw a loser of the 56th won’t know the exact the teams until that night!!
(03-16-2021, 11:34 PM)eky.sports.fan Wrote: Watched the Wolfe and Breathitt game on bluegrass sports nation Facebook tonight and Wolfe was impressive. Jaz Johnson and Wilgus Tolson are a handful in the backcourt and Thompson and Elijha Tolson are shooters , Ritchie played well in the middle and had two nice dunks, the Wolves will be a tough out in the region, beat breathiest 79-58 tonight

Was Breathitt missing Turner ?
(03-17-2021, 09:01 AM)Send It Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 11:34 PM)eky.sports.fan Wrote: Watched the Wolfe and Breathitt game on bluegrass sports nation Facebook tonight and Wolfe was impressive.  Jaz Johnson and Wilgus Tolson are a handful in the backcourt and Thompson and Elijha Tolson are shooters , Ritchie played well in the middle and had two nice dunks, the Wolves will be a tough out in the region, beat breathiest 79-58 tonight

Was Breathitt missing Turner ?
Yes
(03-16-2021, 09:43 PM)Send It Wrote: Estill beat a dandy Sayre team by 10 on the road a few weeks back that beat Wolfe a few games earlier.
That’s right. And I believe earlier in the season Wolfe only beat Estill by 2 points.
Im going to go on a limb and say it will be another Hazard vs Perry final. This time 3rd times a charm. Perry wins by 2. Laugh all you want. Perry had finally gelled while everyone else has fizzled out and hit their peak.
(03-17-2021, 12:54 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Im going to go on a limb and say it will be another Hazard vs Perry final.  This time 3rd times a charm.  Perry wins by 2.  Laugh all you want.  Perry had finally gelled while everyone else has fizzled out and hit their peak.
If there’s a team in the region that is peaking at the right time it has to be Wolfe. They have beat a Top 20 team in the state in GRC, Pikeville, and Breathitt in the last couple of weeks. The Wolves started slow but have been improving all season and have had several games with all 5 starters in double figures.
14th Region Tournament at Breathitt County.

March 20-24.

Sat. March 20th:

11am Estill County vs. Perry County Central
1:30 pm Knott County Central at Breathitt County

4 pm Wolfe County vs. Owsley County.
6:30 pm Hazard vs. Cordia.
(03-17-2021, 12:54 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Im going to go on a limb and say it will be another Hazard vs Perry final.  This time 3rd times a charm.  Perry wins by 2.  Laugh all you want.  Perry had finally gelled while everyone else has fizzled out and hit their peak.

Been a slow burn of a season for Perry, but they have played well against the top teams and got the best draw for their first round game.

and before the Estill fans come at me with pitchforks... I’m not discounting anything Estill is done this season. All I’m saying is when the options are Estill, Hazard, Knott or Wolfe... most coaches would prefer to play Estill this season.

Estill will give Perry all they can handle.
(03-18-2021, 05:25 PM)zaga_fan Wrote:

Been a slow burn of a season for Perry, but they have played well against the top teams and got the best draw for their first round game.

and before the Estill fans come at me with pitchforks... I’m not discounting anything Estill is done this season. All I’m saying is when the options are Estill, Hazard, Knott or Wolfe... most coaches would prefer to play Estill this season.

And then some.
Perry by 10.
(03-18-2021, 05:53 PM)Send It Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 05:25 PM)zaga_fan Wrote:

And then some.

I don’t know why, but I’m feeling froggy.
Any Estill fans wanna have a friendly avatar bet for the Estill/Perry game?

Winner chooses the loser’s avatar for the rest of the month.
I'll pass on the side bet. That fellar out on that limb done went and scared me off when he raised me by 10. Someone might want to check on him Saturday afternoon though. Estill took an early departure last year in the first game. I believe they get the dub in the first round this go around.
Estill by 5.
(03-18-2021, 10:39 PM)Send It Wrote: I'll pass on the side bet. That fellar out on that limb done went and scared me off when he raised me by 10. Someone might want to check on him Saturday afternoon though. Estill  took an early departure last year in the first game. I believe they get the dub in the first round this go around.
Estill by 5.

lol
I feel you
Best of luck to the Engineers
Wolfe is playing great right now, Hazard doesn't seem to be slowing down either, and most likely these to teams meet in the semifinals, the winner of that game will be the region champs. Who knows who will come out of the top bracket as any of the 4 could make it to the championship. But in the end I think the Wolves cut down the nets.