1.  Hazard
2.  Wolfe County
3.  Knott Central
4.  Perry Central
5.  Breathitt County
6.  Leslie County
7.  Estill County
8.  Letcher Central

I am going to stop on those 8 teams.  Im sure most of you will say Perry doesnt belong but I feel they will have things figured out come this weekend.  Look for Perry to knock Hazard off in district finals.  Breathitt is due for a district championship over Wolfe.  Hard to beat teams this many times.
I would flip flop Estill and Leslie, but rest of list I think it right.
Dont sleep on Estill, they will win thier district and that gives them a good chance to win their first game of region, and when you get to the final 4, anything can happen, especially with their style of play.
Id never count out John Bentley.
No way I would put Perry that high.
Simple history Maroon Pancakes. Perry has owned Leslie.
Leslie had Wolf beat blew it at the end. Led the entire game. I think only 4 teams can win the region. Knott, Hazard, Wolf, Leslie. One of those will be knocked out the 1st round due to Leslie Hazard playing
1st round of the district. Do believe a 54th team goes to the region final! Vs either Knott or Wolf.
Im gonna say Hazard, Wolfe, Breathitt, Knott, and Perry in that order. Breathitt be hard to beat at home. John Noble probably been saving a little something for the region Id say.
Hard to "rank" teams that have not played everybody. Estill played Wolfe to overtime early in the season in a game they left more than enough points to seal it at the free throw line. The Engineers consistently hold teams to their lowest point total of the year. They will have a chance to win any game in the upcoming tournaments. They return 5 of their rotation from last year's team that took the regional winner to a tie at the end of regulation on Hazard's home floor.
Yes,they lost regional player of the year Joe Benton, but have had success replacing him with his "little" brother which has played his role very effectively this year. I look for the overlooked Engineers to be in the mix this post season.
Has Breathitt boys been shut down due to COVID? Heard their game with Hazard tonight was cancelled due to a positive case. Would this affect them for postseason play?
Letcher Central game cancelled on Thursday as well. I pray not.
(03-10-2021, 04:29 PM)Bluecat Wrote: Has Breathitt boys been shut down due to COVID? Heard their game with Hazard tonight was cancelled due to a positive case. Would this affect them for postseason play?
both hazard and letcher games vs breathing was canceled
I would imagine Breathitt cancelled the games so they wouldnt be exposed to Covid. Just so they would be good for district play. A lot of teams cancelled several games this week.
Breathitt didn’t cancelled out of caution. They are trying figure out how and when they can proceed. With districts supposed to start this weekend it’s a lot more complicated now with quarantine requirements and district and region timelines. Hopefully the 55th district can be played as scheduled. I think it would put all teams at a major disadvantage if they had to push the tournament back to the end of next week. The rest of the regional teams will have 3-4 days to prepare for their regional game.
Anyone know where the 14th region tournament is at and what are the restrictions going to be on attendence?
Will all fans be allowed or just a limited number per athlete like it has been?
(03-11-2021, 12:25 PM)Send It Wrote: Anyone know where the 14th region  tournament is at and what are the restrictions going to be on attendence?
Will all fans be allowed or just a limited number per athlete like it has been?

It’s at Breathitt.
They’ve not had the meeting to discuss attendance but I’m sure it’ll be so many (typically 4) per athlete.