Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region High Flyers
This season has seen some of the best dunkers I can remember in the 15th Region. Everyone has their favorite and mine is Brady Robinson from Betsy Layne. Who are your favorites not only this year,  but historically in the region.
(03-05-2021, 10:55 PM)dunno Wrote: This season has seen some of the best dunkers I can remember in the 15th Region. Everyone has their favorite and mine is Brady Robinson from Betsy Layne. Who are your favorites not only this year,  but historically in the region.

I’m going to have say Shane Hall was a highlight reel for Johnson central back 6-10 years ago. Over 200 dunks in his high school career
Brady Robinson is an athletic freak and just a junior!

But all time in the 15th region I couldn’t tell you. Shane Hall was definitely fun to watch but he was 6’6 and could tie his shoes without bending over so he didn’t have to work too hard for his dunks.

I would say Ray Kasango use to do some nasty dunks and dunk with authority when he played at Pikeville.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Shane was more like 6’8”. He may not have had to jump as high, but his vertical was off the charts and made it fun to watch. His dad and uncle could really get up there for McDowell back in the 80s.

Fugate - Paintsville
Frazier- Betsy Layne
Samons- Pikeville
Barnett- Magoffin
Davis- Martin County

All are fun to watch. Kuir just makes it look too easy, but he obviously gets a lot of dunks, just not a high flyer.
Wyatt Battaile from Pikeville could get up there. Think he was class of 2018.
Todd Tackett - Paintsville
Thomas Jenkins - Allen Central
Justin Johnson - Sheldon Clark/PCC
Josh Worley - Belfry
Brian Lyons - Paintsville
Jonathan Wright - Belfry
Steven Staton - Belfry
Chase Gibson - Pikeville
I’d add Elijah Justice. He wasn’t a great dunker but was cool to see him dunk because he was 5’8 or however tell he is.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Best I have personally seen is Bryan Lyon- Paintsville 1995.
I only saw one person dunk in high school and that was John Pelphrey from Paintsville. They were playing Betsy Layne at THE DOME. He stole a pass and drove the length of the court and slammed it. It really wasn't a spectacular dunk but it was a solid slam. Betsy Layne won the game by the way.