Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mitch McConnell's "Lock Him Up" Speech
In his speech before the Senate after the impeachment trial vote,  the man that Hoot and Jet casts votes for every six years said the disgraced former president is clearly to blame for the deadly Capitol riot. He basically affirmed that Senate managers had proven that Trump did, in fact, incite the deadly insurrection.

"There's no question " that [Trump] "is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day, McConnell said. "No question about it."   Mitch went on to endorse the view that " President Trump is still liable for everything he did while he was in office."  "He didn't get away with anything , yet ,"  noting that  "we have a criminal justice system in this country. We have civil litigation. And former presidents are not immune from being[held]accountable by either one."

Mitch also pushed back on Trump's and Hoot's and Jet's  wild fabricated myths and conspiracy theories about a rigged election. 

"The issue is not only the president's intemperate language on January 6th," McConnell said, but "also the entire manufactured atmosphere of looming catastrophe" including "the increasingly wild myths of a landslide election that was somehow being stolen."
Mitch used the words "scheme"   and  "lies"  to describe Trump's attempts to overturn the legitimate election of Joe Biden.

You don't have to be a mind reader to see what Mitch thinks of Trump. He said that the disgraced ex-president was clearly guilty of inciting the Capitol riot and he was inviting Biden's DOJ to hold him accountable.  

In other words,  it is clear Mitch was saying, "Lock him up! "

What do you have to say to Mitch?
Mitch is angry. He knows he’ll never be back to the top of the mountain because of Trump.
(02-13-2021, 08:52 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: In his speech before the Senate after the impeachment trial vote,  the man that Hoot and Jet casts votes for every six years said the disgraced former president is clearly to blame for the deadly Capitol riot. He basically affirmed that Senate managers had proven that Trump did, in fact, incite the deadly insurrection.

"There's no question " that [Trump] "is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day, McConnell said. "No question about it."   Mitch went on to endorse the view that " President Trump is still liable for everything he did while he was in office."  "He didn't get away with anything , yet ,"  noting that  "we have a criminal justice system in this country. We have civil litigation. And former presidents are not immune from being[held]accountable by either one."

Mitch also pushed back on Trump's and Hoot's and Jet's  wild fabricated myths and conspiracy theories about a rigged election. 

"The issue is not only the president's intemperate language on January 6th," McConnell said, but "also the entire manufactured atmosphere of looming catastrophe" including "the increasingly wild myths of a landslide election that was somehow being stolen."
Mitch used the words "scheme"   and  "lies"  to describe Trump's attempts to overturn the legitimate election of Joe Biden.

You don't have to be a mind reader to see what Mitch thinks of Trump. He said that the disgraced ex-president was clearly guilty of inciting the Capitol riot and he was inviting Biden's DOJ to hold him accountable.  

In other words,  it is clear Mitch was saying, "Lock him up! "

What do you have to say to Mitch?
McConnell is a snake. It will be a great day when he retires from office.
It really says a lot about the state of the Democrat Party when thread after thread features Trump as the subject. Don't Democrats have anything good to say about China Joe? You voted for him, tell us all of the good things that he is doing for this country (or for his country, China).
(02-13-2021, 09:25 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Mitch is angry.  He knows he’ll never be back to the top of the mountain because of Trump.

No doubt. He may hold Trump responsible  for the Capitol insurrection but what really has him pissed is that he holds Trump responsible for his own loss of power. And THAT, even more than the death of a police officer, is what has a burr in the Reaper's wrinkled ass.

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...g&usqp=CAU]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1
(02-13-2021, 09:31 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: It really says a lot about the state of the Democrat Party when thread after thread features Trump as the subject. Don't Democrats have anything good to say about China Joe? You voted for him, tell us all of the good things that he is doing for this country (or for his country, China).

Don’t worry, Hooter, you’ll get that. It’s taking a minute to clean up the devastation left by the Orange apocalypse.  

Now he’s the GOP’s problem—well...there are several criminal and civil actions he is yet to face—and good luck with that. Big Grin
(02-13-2021, 09:25 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Mitch is angry.  He knows he’ll never be back to the top of the mountain because of Trump.

Mitch got what he deserved. He and Paul Ryan collaborated to work against the Trump Presidency from day one. Hoot said McConnell is a snake but no more than Ryan. Voters could see through that facade from the early days, and even then many media types predicted McConnell would pay for his betrayals.

The losers are the Republican Conference and their supporters. The ultimate losers are all Americans because even if the election wasn't rigged, it might as well have been. A house divided against itself cannot stand.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(02-14-2021, 12:06 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

Mitch got what he deserved. He and Paul Ryan collaborated to work against the Trump Presidency from day one. Hoot said McConnell is a snake but no more than Ryan. Voters could see through that facade from the early days, and even then many media types predicted McConnell would pay for his betrayals.

The losers are the Republican Conference and their supporters. The ultimate losers are all Americans because even if the election wasn't rigged, it might as well have been. A house divided against itself cannot stand.
How can you say Mitch has worked against Trump's Presidency ?
If not for Mitch Trump would have NO accomplishments i mean none 
Mitch has done everything Trump wanted i just don't see it
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1

You're right, TRT, Mitch and Pauley were never in the Trump camp. Mitch pretended because that's what he does. Hoot is right, Mitch is a snake . But he's more clever than the snake in the Garden of Eden(did I just compare him to Satan?) He is easily one of the shrewdest(and most self-serving) politicians in my lifetime. People underestimate that bastard at their own peril.

what voters?
Paul Ryan retired and Mitch won KY in a landslide.  You folks really made him pay. Big Grin 

Don’t worry, TRT, the blue coalition is growing.  We are welcoming in the RINOs and Independents. There will be a majority.
(02-14-2021, 12:32 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

what voters?
Paul Ryan retired and Mitch won KY in a landslide.  You folks really made him pay. Big Grin 

Don’t worry, TRT, the blue coalition is growing.  We are welcoming in the RINOs and Independents. There will be a majority.
Poorly educated poor people tend to register and vote for Democrats. China Joe is working to delay reopening schools, destroy jobs, and grant citizenship to illegal aliens. That is the recipe for growing the Democrat Party.
(02-14-2021, 12:21 PM); Old School Hound Wrote:

You're right, TRT, Mitch and Pauley were never in the Trump camp. Mitch pretended because that's what he does. Hoot is right, Mitch is a snake . But he's more clever than the snake in the Garden of Eden(did I just compare him to Satan?) He is easily one of the shrewdest(and most self-serving) politicians in my lifetime. People underestimate that bastard at their own peril.

Total transparency. I made the switch to the Republican side during the Reagan years and thought I had left all or most of the lying deceit and getting played behind. In the preceding election I had voted for Jimmy Carter. A good man who didn't really understand economics and I believe, got thoroughly manipulated by his liberal advisors.

But soon I realized that Capital Hill is just another collection of self absorbed snobs whose lives and actions are governed largely by peer pressure; but who walk around acting more like monarchs than 535 public servants. Conservatives have no more of a safe haven by automatic votes for Republicans, than blue collar America can depend on Democrats to provide good jobs. A little aside on that; when Dems first started claiming they 'created' jobs, the entire media horse laughed them to scorn. Supply and demand creates jobs. The three main groups being courted by the Dems of the 60's were organized labor (who Dems have always played for suckers and used as a pinata), women, and the black community. Now they just say all Republicans are rich greedy white men who callously care for nothing except themselves.

Mitch did pretend with Trump. Going simple majority on judges was the one thing he did to work with the administration. But shrewd as he is, in going against Trump he still brought down his own house because I don't think he saw the loss of Majority Leader in the tea leaves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(02-14-2021, 03:50 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 12:21 PM); Old School Hound Wrote:

Total transparency. I made the switch to the Republican side during the Reagan years and thought I had left all or most of the lying deceit and getting played behind. In the preceding election I had voted for Jimmy Carter. A good man who didn't really understand economics and I believe, got thoroughly manipulated by his liberal advisors.

But soon I realized that Capital Hill is just another collection of self absorbed snobs whose lives and actions are governed largely by peer pressure; but who walk around acting more like monarchs than 535 public servants. Conservatives have no more of a safe haven by automatic votes for Republicans, than blue collar America can depend on Democrats to provide good jobs. A little aside on that; when Dems first started claiming they 'created' jobs, the entire media horse laughed them to scorn. Supply and demand creates jobs. The three main groups being courted by the Dems of the 60's were organized labor (who Dems have always played for suckers and used as a pinata), women, and the black community. Now they just say all Republicans are rich greedy white men who callously care for nothing except themselves.

Mitch did pretend with Trump. Going simple majority on judges was the one thing he did to work with the administration. But shrewd as he is, in going against Trump he still brought down his own house because I don't think he saw the loss of Majority Leader in the tea leaves.
Looks like we can agree on one thing "Supply and demand creates jobs"
The problem is you think give everything to the top and it will trickle down it doesn't we have tried that for 40 years and what has it accomplished ? No more middle class 
Before Reagan we had a strong middle class in this country after 40 years of trickle down Reagan voodoo economics it's just about gone

Mitch has always tried to walk a fine line that keeps his big donors happy and doesn't p!ss off the more right-leaning folks in his party. He is very, very skillful .  I agree, I don't think he anticipated Georgia reducing him to minority status. I guess even very politically shrewd turtles do make a miscalculation every now and then.

Btw, who would have ever thought that you voted for Carter and I didn't? That was my first presidential election and I voted for the outspoken Independent candidate , John Anderson , who looked like the love-child of Bernie Sanders and Harry Morgan, who played Sgt. Joe Friday's sidekick on "Dragnet."

Btw, you're right about the 96 year-old former President ,Jimmy Carter. I think he abhorred Washington politics. He wanted to do the right thing but a combination of some bad luck and circumstances, poor advice, and his disdain for Washington caused him difficulties. Carter was made for Plains, not D.C. The man is a true, humble servant . He walks the walk. Gotta respect him for that. I think in the statement below you can see why JC and Plains was a better fit than JC and Washington. I think he was too often conflicted between his personal beliefs and what was expected of him as the head man in the nation's capital..

Carter in 2012 on abortion:

I never have believed that Jesus Christ would approve of abortions and that was one of the problems I had when I was president having to uphold Roe v. Wade and I did everything I could to minimize the need for abortions. I made it easy to adopt children for instance who were unwanted and also initiated the program called Women and Infant Children or WIC program that's still in existence now. But except for the times when a mother's life is in danger or when a pregnancy is caused by rape or incest I would certainly not or never have approved of any abortions. I've signed a public letter calling for the Democratic Party at the next convention to espouse my position on abortion which is to minimize the need, requirement for abortion and limit it only to women whose life [sic] are in danger or who are pregnant as a result of rape or incest. I think if the Democratic Party would adopt that policy that would be acceptable to a lot of people who are now estranged from our party because of the abortion issue.
(02-14-2021, 05:28 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

The problem is you think give everything to the top and it will trickle down it doesn't we have tried that for 40 years and what has it accomplished ? No more middle class 
Before Reagan we had a strong middle class in this country after 40 years of trickle down Reagan voodoo economics it's just about gone
Comrade vector, that is exactly the kind of economic analysis that one can always count on communists to deliver.

The fact that you support the import of illegal aliens and their cheap labor and the fact that you voted for China Joe, who defends a regime that uses slave labor to compete with American workers is enough proof that your economic theories have no basis in reality.
Communism and socialism have failed every time they have been tried. Please stop advocating those failed policies. We get it. You hate America and its capitalist economy.

It is the redistribution of wealth which has nearly completely finished destroying the middle class. In a word, taxes. And while you have denied what what has gone on right in front of your eyes; your Dem heroes have been both arsonist and fireman. Then you come on here explaining it all with the same 50 year old union parroted baloney that your grandfather swallowed. The only economic turnaround that went any faster than the one Reagan presided over was that of one DJT.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(02-14-2021, 06:36 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 12:06 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Mitch got what he deserved. He and Paul Ryan collaborated to work against the Trump Presidency from day one. Hoot said McConnell is a snake but no more than Ryan. Voters could see through that facade from the early days, and even then many media types predicted McConnell would pay for his betrayals.

It is the redistribution of wealth which has nearly completely finished destroying the middle class. In a word, taxes. And while you have denied what what has gone on right in front of your eyes; your Dem heroes have been both arsonist and fireman. Then you come on here explaining it all with the same 50 year old union parroted baloney that your grandfather swallowed. The only economic turnaround that went any faster than the one Reagan presided over was that of one DJT.
70% of our economy is consumer driven so in simple terms it's a consumer driven economy not top driven economy
Give more to the consumer they will spend more which equals more jobs your voodoo doesn't work 40 years of a failed experiment
(02-14-2021, 05:40 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Mitch has always tried to walk a fine line that keeps his big donors happy and doesn't p!ss off the more right-leaning folks in his party. He is very, very skillful .  I agree, I don't think he anticipated Georgia reducing him to minority status. I guess even very politically shrewd turtles do make a miscalculation every now and then.

Btw, who would have ever thought that you voted for Carter and I didn't? That was my first presidential election and I voted for the outspoken Independent candidate , John Anderson , who looked like the love-child of Bernie Sanders and Harry Morgan, who played Sgt. Joe Friday's sidekick on "Dragnet."

Btw, you're right about the 96 year-old former President ,Jimmy Carter. I think he abhorred Washington politics. He wanted to do the right thing but a combination of some bad luck and circumstances, poor advice, and his disdain for Washington caused him difficulties. Carter was made for Plains, not D.C. The man is a true, humble servant . He walks the walk. Gotta respect him for that. I think in the statement below you can see why JC and Plains was a better fit than JC and Washington. I think he was too often conflicted between his personal beliefs and what was expected of him as the head man in the nation's capital..

Carter in 2012 on abortion:

I never have believed that Jesus Christ would approve of abortions and that was one of the problems I had when I was president having to uphold Roe v. Wade and I did everything I could to minimize the need for abortions. I made it easy to adopt children for instance who were unwanted and also initiated the program called Women and Infant Children or WIC program that's still in existence now. But except for the times when a mother's life is in danger or when a pregnancy is caused by rape or incest I would certainly not or never have approved of any abortions. I've signed a public letter calling for the Democratic Party at the next convention to espouse my position on abortion which is to minimize the need, requirement for abortion and limit it only to women whose life [sic] are in danger or who are pregnant as a result of rape or incest. I think if the Democratic Party would adopt that policy that would be acceptable to a lot of people who are now estranged from our party because of the abortion issue.

Economically speaking the Carter years were a nightmare, and it's not that it was all his fault. The economic worm began to turn during the Johnson Administration with the inception of The Great Society Initiative. But once we started buying the problems of people, there would never again be a way to draw the line. BTW, there were a nearly invisible 36 thousand people on food stamps nationwide when the GSI was adopted. Today we have calls for education debt forgiveness, seemingly open ended 'stimulus' packages, base income guarantees, platinum welfare, free healthcare, the government sponsorship of sexual promiscuity, out of control foreign aid, millions of insurgent illegal migrants, green energy grants and myriad other related programs, and on and on the list goes. There's just no end.

But things continued to slide rather un-noticeably under Nixon and then Gerald Ford, and by the time Carter got in office the bomb fuse had burned down so short, wildly explosive inflation was inevitable. To that end I saw electrical prices, and natural gas prices, gasoline, food, interest across the board, everything rose. People were losing their houses left and right and I was sweating bullets having just built a new house myself. I saw my budget destroyed by electrical costs alone. Which went from high end affordable, to way more than my house payment literally overnight. People with adjustable rate home loans were little more than cannon fodder. Jobs were scarce as the unemployment rate soared to 8.2% while inflation rose to 9.13% and the 30 year mortgage rate was over 9%. Reagan policies reversed many of those impingements.

I could write an opinionated before and after book, but at points during the long slide, there were periods of exponentiality when things just exploded. Marked changes occurred in the Clinton and Obama eras, and America said her goodbyes to the normalcy of the last half of the 20th century in the time period between 9/11/2001 and the Great Recession of 2007.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(02-14-2021, 12:06 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Mitch got what he deserved. He and Paul Ryan collaborated to work against the Trump Presidency from day one. Hoot said McConnell is a snake but no more than Ryan. Voters could see through that facade from the early days, and even then many media types predicted McConnell would pay for his betrayals.

How can you claim that their has been a redistribution of wealth when the 20 wealthiest persons in the US have more wealth than the bottom 50% total?  I'm no socialist, but this tells me that the middle class has shrunk due to the wealthiest getting wealthier, and until something is done to change this, the middle class will continue to shrink.  I was a believer in trickle down economics at one time, but it seems to have run it's course.  

Nearly half of the U.S. was in or near poverty before the Pandemic, so it seems obvious to me that something drastic must change, and starting with higher taxes on the rich seems to be the best place to start, which may require an overhaul of the tax codes.  Severely restricting PAC money and lobbyist as well as term limits on politicians would also be high on my agenda.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Outsider's post:
  • Cardfan1
(02-14-2021, 09:55 PM)The Outsider Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 12:21 PM); Old School Hound Wrote: You're right, TRT, Mitch and Pauley were never in the Trump camp. Mitch pretended because that's what he does. Hoot is right, Mitch is a snake . But he's more clever than the snake in the Garden of Eden(did I just compare him to Satan?) He is easily one of the shrewdest(and most self-serving) politicians in my lifetime. People underestimate that bastard at their own peril.

How can you claim that their has been a redistribution of wealth when the 20 wealthiest persons in the US have more wealth than the bottom 50% total?  I'm no socialist, but this tells me that the middle class has shrunk due to the wealthiest getting wealthier, and until something is done to change this, the middle class will continue to shrink.  I was a believer in trickle down economics at one time, but it seems to have run it's course.  

Nearly half of the U.S. was in or near poverty before the Pandemic, so it seems obvious to me that something drastic must change, and starting with higher taxes on the rich seems to be the best place to start, which may require an overhaul of the tax codes.  Severely restricting PAC money and lobbyist as well as term limits on politicians would also be high on my agenda.
The middle class had not shrunk before the pandemic. The poverty rate before the pandemic was well below 50 percent and it declined every year from 2016 through 2019. If you cared about a shrinking middle class, then you would have been a Trump supporter.

Reopening the floodgates to illegal aliens will cause an increase in the poverty rate and a decline in the median wage level in this country. Raising taxes on corporations and the upper 20 percent of wage earners always results in a loss of jobs because it makes American companies less competitive in the global economy. Restricting PAC money and lobbying have nothing to do with jobs and the poverty rate in this country.

If you want to do something to improve our economy, lower the unemployment rate, and increase the size of the middle class, then you should be advocating for a get tough on China policy. Washington is full of politicians who have been raking in cash from companies affiliated with the Chinese Communist Party. If the influence of the CCP on our politicians is eliminated, CCP spies were arrested and deported, and foreign agents were prosecuted and sentenced to long prison terms for intellectual property theft, our economy would resume its strong growth that preceded the pandemic.

If you support Joe Biden's anti-capitalist economic and immigration policies, don't be too confident that you are not a socialist.
(02-14-2021, 01:39 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 12:32 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

what voters?

Poorly educated poor people tend to register and vote for Democrats. China Joe is working to delay reopening schools, destroy jobs, and grant citizenship to illegal aliens. That is the recipe for growing the Democrat Party.
What?  Woah

Red states are in the bottom in education.

(02-14-2021, 10:25 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 09:55 PM)The Outsider Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 03:50 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Total transparency. I made the switch to the Republican side during the Reagan years and thought I had left all or most of the lying deceit and getting played behind. In the preceding election I had voted for Jimmy Carter. A good man who didn't really understand economics and I believe, got thoroughly manipulated by his liberal advisors.

The middle class had not shrunk before the pandemic. The poverty rate before the pandemic was well below 50 percent and it declined every year from 2016 through 2019. If you cared about a shrinking middle class, then you would have been a Trump supporter.

Reopening the floodgates to illegal aliens will cause an increase in the poverty rate and a decline in the median wage level in this country. Raising taxes on corporations and the upper 20 percent of wage earners always results in a loss of jobs because it makes American companies less competitive in the global economy. Restricting PAC money and lobbying have nothing to do with jobs and the poverty rate in this country.

If you want to do something to improve our economy, lower the unemployment rate, and increase the size of the middle class, then you should be advocating for a get tough on China policy. Washington is full of politicians who have been raking in cash from companies affiliated with the Chinese Communist Party. If the influence of the CCP on our politicians is eliminated, CCP spies were arrested and deported, and foreign agents were prosecuted and sentenced to long prison terms for intellectual property theft, our economy would resume its strong growth that preceded the pandemic.

If you support Joe Biden's anti-capitalist economic and immigration policies, don't be too confident that you are not a socialist.
You are a socialist.

You just like the money to go to the rich.  

Hooter, you hate the middle class and the poor.  You loved the billions of bailouts to millionaires in the last administration. 

You loved failing Trade wars that force the govt. to bailout factory farmers for nearly a trillion dollars.  Larger than TARP.  

Tell me again how someone else is a socialist. You love socialism.

Lock him up !!!
“There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone. His behaviour during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended,” he wrote.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/i...17197.html

McConnell wrote in an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal titled “Acquittal Vindicated the Constitution, Not Trump”.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Outsider's post:
  • Cardfan1
^^ Two points. Cardfan is a troll, whose only criterion are opposing anything and everything conservatives say. Cheerleading the US moral demise while shouting lying talking points, we'll see how happy he is once uncle Joe and the rest of the rabid chipmunks manage to kill the lights.

Second, McConnell's policies and most of his opinions are not favored by any on this forum. He's an establishment RINO whose principles are a mixture of clinical ego and Capital Hill snobbery. Who really cares what he thinks of DJT?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(02-18-2021, 10:48 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: ^^ Two points. Cardfan is a troll, whose only criterion are opposing anything and everything conservatives say. Cheerleading the US moral demise while shouting lying talking points, we'll see how happy he is once uncle Joe and the rest of the rabid chipmunks manage to kill the lights.

Second, McConnell's policies and most of his opinions are not favored by any on this forum. He's an establishment RINO whose principles are a mixture of clinical ego and Capital Hill snobbery. Who really cares what he thinks of DJT?
How ironic that you used “kill the lights”? Big Grin