Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
13th Region and Mountain Basketball Trivia
Okay, I know I'm from a town where football is king, but high school basketball is my favorite sport as a spectator. There is nothing like a crowded gym(except during a pandemic) where two bitter rivals are going at it on the hardwood. I love that you get to be right up on the action. Nothing like the excitement of HS basketball , imo.   I have followed 13th region basketball from the time I was a kid way back in the early 1970's . I always rooted for the mountain teams to beat the big city schools in the state tournament(though that didn't happen very often when I was a youngster).

In this thread, I'd appreciate you fans of Mountain basketball like me to throw out some good trivia about HS basketball in the mountain regions.  Obviously, I am mostly interested in 13th region trivia and most of my questions will reference that region, but if you have a good question from another of the mountain regions, feel free to throw it out there.

I'll start, and you guys can follow up with your own questions.  No googling allowed. That's no fun. lol

Back in the 1980's , what coach was once arrested ON THE COURT and taken to jail with about two minutes left in his team's game against Buckhorn in the WYMT Mountain classic?
Messages In This Thread
13th Region and Mountain Basketball Trivia - by Old School Hound - 02-07-2021, 04:31 PM