Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 84 Johnson Central 73 2OT (59th district championship)
Paintsville pulls it off against cross town rival JC to win the 59th championship

Huge game from Connor Fugate and Braxton Tharp

Hope Colby is okay, he left the game with a injury.

Congrats to Landon Slone and the Paintsville Tigers!!!
Wow. Huge surprise for me

Congrats to Paintsville and hope Fugate is ok!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
WHOA !!!!   March madness!!!
This one was a rugby match from start to finish. The refs let the boys play to say the least and at points they let things get out of control. Paintsville just played with more toughness and deserved the win.
(03-19-2021, 10:09 PM)Mister D Wrote: This one was a rugby match from start to finish. The refs let the boys play to say the least and at points they let things get out of control. Paintsville just played with more toughness and deserved the win.
Paintsville outplayed JC. They rebounded, fought for loose balls, and played great defense.

They definitely deserved this win tonight.
(03-19-2021, 10:13 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 10:09 PM)Mister D Wrote: This one was a rugby match from start to finish. The refs let the boys play to say the least and at points they let things get out of control. Paintsville just played with more toughness and deserved the win.
Paintsville outplayed JC. They rebounded, fought for loose balls, and played great defense.

They definitely deserved this win tonight.

I agree completely. JC settled for way too many 3 pointers when the shots weren’t falling. Paintsville attacked the basket every play and sought out the contact. With another set of refs 3-4 players could have fouled out for each team. It was that physical. We could very easily see these two teams playing in the final next week but Johnson Central is going to have to play a lot tougher than they did tonight.  

I just hope Colby can be back for the regional tournament. It would be a huge loss for Paintsville if he is injured.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister D's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
Paintsville jumped out to a solid lead quick but JC climbed back in it and it went back and forth all night! Colby went down at the 1:45 mark in the 3rd but Tharp stepped up and had an impressive game! Tigers have really been playing as a unit as of late and they deserved this one! Congrats to Coach Slone and the boys on a job well done in the district this season! Keep the peddle down!
JC put up 36 Three’s in this one!
Live by em
Die by em.
I would not want to draw them in the 1st rd.
Congrats Tigers!
(03-20-2021, 10:26 AM)Warthog Wrote: Live by em
Die by em.
I would not want to draw them in the 1st rd.
Congrats Tigers!
Absolutely not but I’m not sure who would be consider a good draw in the 15th. Quite a few good teams capable of winning it!
I didn't see this one coming.
Congratulations Paintsville!
Congrats to Coach Slone and the Tigers. Central acted like they didn’t even have to show up and they would still win this game. Paintsville slapped a zone on them early and all Central did was pass the ball outside the arc and settle for three point shots. They play so lazy offensively and it finally caught up to them. Paintsville dominated every part of the game.
(03-21-2021, 07:06 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote: Congrats to Coach Slone and the Tigers. Central acted like they didn’t even have to show up and they would still win this game. Paintsville slapped a zone on them early and all Central did was pass the ball outside the arc and settle for three point shots. They play so lazy offensively and it finally caught up to them. Paintsville dominated every part of the game.
Couldn’t agree more.  People going on like JC had an off night shooting from outside, Paintsville’s defense is the reason... not an off night.  Paintsville was the better team start to finish.