Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Does your City/County have any streets named after former Coaches or Players?
If you follow this board, then you know that Kentuckians love our hometown's and home county's.  Most cities & county's in Kentucky treat their high school teams like major cities treat their professional teams.

So that got me thinking.... are there any streets or roads named after former high school players or coaches from your hometown?  If you have any streets or roads named after any former famous college or professional players or coaches from your hometown, you can list them as well.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Here in Middlesboro, former player Greg Page and former coach Tom "Chalk" Stapleton have streets named after them.
Corbin has Roy Kidd Avenue leading to the stadium and Bird Blvd is the name of the road going through the parking lot along the River walk. They are named after former Redhound player and Hall of Fame EKU coach Roy Kidd and the plethora of Bird Brothers who went on to be Redhound, college, and pro legends Rodger, Calvin, and Steve Bird.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • Westside
I've passed through "Tim Couch Pass" going to Hyden many times.
[-] The following 1 user Likes zaga_fan's post:
  • Pulp Fiction
(01-12-2021, 11:15 AM)zaga_fan Wrote: I've passed through "Tim Couch Pass" going to Hyden many times.
That has to be the best road/street that is named after a player in the entire state.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
A couple of stadiums, yes, but no streets that I'm aware of.