Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do You Feel About the Cats Taking a Knee for the Anthem ?
(01-10-2021, 01:23 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: Listen, I support them 100% in their action. My bigger thought is, how would this have played in Rupp Arena, with 20,000+ UK supporters on hand? Unfortunately, I think I know the answer to that one.
Idk man there's a lot of supporters who understand the concept. I get what you're saying though. It would probably sound more like a village whore house orgy with boos and cheers at the same time lol. Could you imagine? Bang bros would be all over that LOL

(01-10-2021, 01:27 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I find taking a knee during the anthem extremely disrespectful to this nation and to all of those Americans who have shed blood and been maimed fighting to keep our country free. This is the first year that I have not subscribed to ESPN, the SEC network, etc. so that I could watch as many UK basketball games as possible. I refuse to watch any sports event in which both teams disrespect the country in which I live and love. 

Shame on UK and John Calipari for politicizing the game of basketball. It is just another reason why John Calipari and his one-and-done recruiting strategy, and almost entirely non-Kentuckian rosters were always bad ideas. Kentuckians, on the whole, are a patriotic group and UK's basketball program should reflect the state that supports it.
You are entitled to you're opinion hoot you see it as disrespectful others do not. It still don't change the game. Kentucky clobbered a decent Florida team man, That's all that matters to me. People get confused and that's okay. This country was built on god, by god, for our people, by our people. Taking a knee is just another way to submit that people want change, for Christ sakes we have idiots storming the capital burning our cities for what? I would think taking a knee is the least thing to worry about being Americans fight for FREEDOM not the anthem. Without freedom America is no more. To a point I believe you are right about doing it to get recruites etc. So what? Its basketball all I care about is winning.
Messages In This Thread
RE: How Do You Feel About the Cats Taking a Knee for the Anthem ? - by Oledad92 - 01-10-2021, 01:40 PM