Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville vs. Martin County (All A) 1/11
Thoughts on the matchup?
Paintsville by 10. Martin County may not win a game this year. They lost too much off of the team from last year. James left because he knew they were going to be a bad high school team.
I think that just shows you how much of an impact Trey really had on the game. Rowan wouldnt have been 26-30 in the paint had Trey been there. Trey would be doubled and find wide open shooters. I guess you finally admit Trey was a great player. Martin county has tough schedule. It will only help them in the long run. They have good players and quality coaches. They will get it figured out.
The cards will have a long hard year without Trey James.
Maybe coach James needs to get a few more coaches helping him....
I’ll take MC. I watched Paintsville play Betsy Layne and that one was sloppy and saw MC play Hazard and Dingus looked great.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Cards by 8
Cards lead 45-24
I wasn’t expecting the game to go the way it did. Paintsville showed a lot of toughness and heart in the second half. Down 20+ in the 3rd and rallied to win by 1.
(01-11-2021, 08:48 PM)CardinalAlum Wrote: Cards lead 45-24
What was the final score Card?
Quality coaching came into play☺️
[-] The following 1 user Likes WinkWinkler's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(01-11-2021, 10:28 PM)WinkWinkler Wrote: Quality coaching came into play☺️
Absolutely it did. I don’t believe there was a time that Dingess’s feet left the floor that they didn’t automatically call a foul. A 20 point lead in the 3rd and not win the game? That was crazy. Tigers turned the effort up to 11 in the 4th! Way to battle back boys!!
(01-11-2021, 09:52 PM)Glory Days Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 08:48 PM)CardinalAlum Wrote: Cards lead 45-24
What was the final score Card?

65-64
(01-09-2021, 02:28 PM)The Eagle Knows Wrote: The cards will have a long hard year without Trey James.
Maybe coach James needs to get a few more coaches helping him....
James is about to catch up with JC with all those coaches over there helping. lol

Paintsville hits the easy layups they missed in this one and they win by 10+... Odd coaching call to NOT have the ball in Dingess hands for the final shot, Paintsville couldn't guard him all night long.
Has to make sure all the players have a family member helping so they will get a little playing time.
(01-12-2021, 11:17 AM)WinkWinkler Wrote: Has to make sure all the players have a family member helping so they will get a little playing time.

Most of the staff have no family on the team what are you talking about
Dingess is a player!  As an unbiased fan I have to say the last play call worked. They got as good of a look as they could have but it just wasn't meant to be. That was a really good game to watch.
I agree. I would've liked to see Dingus took the last shot but they got a really good luck with the time remaining.
Paintsville got lucky, If MC would've finished the game they wouldve won handily. up by 21 was not any fluke, still a very good team
(01-13-2021, 11:28 AM)KYGUY Wrote: Paintsville got lucky, If MC would've finished the game they wouldve won handily. up by 21 was not any fluke, still a very good team
I would have to agree to some degree. You also have to give credit to Paintsville on how hard they closed that game out! That’s an big deficit to come back from in a short amount of time. Martin Co did waste a LOT of valuable time during the game with the stall ball tactic. I know they used this tactic a lot last year once they built a lead in a game but that’s a playing to “not lose” mentality. Had they kept playing to win, I believe they do win that game. Just glad the chose to slow it down a few times trying to eat up some clock. Hopefully the Tigers start the game tonight with the same intensity they finished last game with!