Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darius Miller Commits to Kentucky
4 star Mason County Royal swing forward commited to Kentucky this morning.
Yes, what a great addition, can't wait to see him in the Farm Bureau Classic.
A UK WILDCAT! He committed this morning. HUGE get for Gillispie and company

:letsparty

http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=3422#comments
yes this is huge.
Miller is a highly-regarded national prospect (rated No. 14 in the latest Prep Stars recruiting service ratings) and considered Kentucky’s No. 1 in-state recruiting target.
Miller had been considering Tennessee along with Illinois and Louisville. The timing of the commitment came as a surprise considering that the month-long period for in-home visits begins Sunday. Typically, such high-profile prospects go on official campus visits before choosing a college. Miller became the seventh prospect to commit or sign with UK since Gillispie became coach in April.

http://www.kentucky.com/254/story/169820.html
Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Great news for the Wildcats. I'm suprised he did this before the season even started, BCG must've been pretty persuasive.
Fenix Wrote:Great news for the Wildcats. I'm suprised he did this before the season even started, BCG must've been pretty persuasive.

Well, from what I heard the assistant coach from Illinois was recruiting for the Illini, and he is getting ready to join the UK staff. So I think that had a whole lot to do with it. Congrats Billy G and good luck at UK Daruis.
Wow this is great news to hear! This is awesome!
This is great news for the Cats! He may not play a current position of need, but you can always find a way to play the #14 prospect in the country!

Now, if we could only land Greg Monroe... Big Grin
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I love BCG. Wow what he is doing with UK!!!
This is awesome, I just hope we land a big man in this class.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:This is great news for the Cats! He may not play a current position of need, but you can always find a way to play the #14 prospect in the country!

Now, if we could only land Greg Monroe... Big Grin

If we land Monroe....then welcome to a Kentucky juggernaut in a year or so. This news really came out of no where! I can't believe no one was talking about it on campus today. Anyways, we are slowly filling the needed positions and CBC keeps on impressing me more and more with each new recruit. He will really impress me if we land Monroe!!! LOL
jammin' jamey Wrote:Miller is a highly-regarded national prospect (rated No. 14 in the latest Prep Stars recruiting service ratings) and considered Kentucky’s No. 1 in-state recruiting target.
Miller had been considering Tennessee along with Illinois and Louisville. The timing of the commitment came as a surprise considering that the month-long period for in-home visits begins Sunday. Typically, such high-profile prospects go on official campus visits before choosing a college. Miller became the seventh prospect to commit or sign with UK since Gillispie became coach in April.

http://www.kentucky.com/254/story/169820.html

Actually I believe Scotty Hopson from University Heights is the Number 1 player in KY.
Great catch for UK! And the REALLY GREAT ASPECT OF IT...HE IS A KY BOY!!!
15thRegionX Wrote:Actually I believe Scotty Hopson from University Heights is the Number 1 player in KY.
Whether or not Hopson is the best player in KY is all opinion. However, he is the highest ranked player from KY on all the national recruiting sites, so take from that what you may. He's #9 on Rivals.com and #11 on Scout.com. Miller is ranked #45 and #35 respectively. Bud Mackey is ranked higher than Miller on both sites as well (#35 and #32). Rankings don't really matter to me anyway. These 3 kids can play ball...nuff said. We got the one we needed most in Miller, and Gillispie will continue to fill our needs. Great sign for the Cats. I certainly wasn't expecting it this early.
Good pick up for the Wildcats...
BlackcatFootball Wrote:Yes, what a great addition, can't wait to see him in the Farm Bureau Classic.
I agree !!! This is huge the cats and the state !! I also can't wait for the classic with Miller and Setty add Bud Mackey and Scott Co plus 4 star Yancy Gates and Anthony McBride , Zaccheus Mason ..... These are just the ones I know of ...... Plus local teams of Shelby Valley , Pikeville, Paintsville , ect ......WOW !! What a day of basketball .......
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Whether or not Hopson is the best player in KY is all opinion. However, he is the highest ranked player from KY on all the national recruiting sites, so take from that what you may. He's #9 on Rivals.com and #11 on Scout.com. Miller is ranked #45 and #35 respectively. Bud Mackey is ranked higher than Miller on both sites as well (#35 and #32). Rankings don't really matter to me anyway. These 3 kids can play ball...nuff said. We got the one we needed most in Miller, and Gillispie will continue to fill our needs. Great sign for the Cats. I certainly wasn't expecting it this early.

I know all of this. I am just stating the facts. IMO I think Miller is the best overall player in the state but I was just saying.