Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Knott Central 80 Wolfe Co. 68
Final form KCC 14 th Region All A
Did Tolson play?
(01-07-2021, 01:38 AM)MaroonPancakes Wrote: Did Tolson play?
Yes. Kent Damron of Knott Central went out with injury early first quarter, and did not return. Also Knott was without McGuire most of first half with foul problems. Total team effort for Pats!
I was disappointed in Wolfe last night. They don’t run no offense at all. If they don’t start running offense it will be a long season.
Hold up, I thought this was to be the best team Wolfe has had in school history?
This was 1 game (1st game) this Wolfe team is a really good team that will be in the running for the regional title. They laid an egg last night it happens. They had a 3 year starter go scoreless, that’s not going to happen most nights. It’s not like they didn’t lose to the other favorite in the region on their home floor. No one said Wolfe was going to go undefeated. Knott beat Wolfe if they play again it could go the other way. Congrats to Knott as of now they’re #1 in the region and Wolfe falls to #2. I don’t think we should read too much into it.
(01-07-2021, 06:08 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: This was 1 game (1st game) this Wolfe team is a really good team that will be in the running for the regional title. They laid an egg last night it happens. They had a 3 year starter go scoreless, that’s not going to happen most nights. It’s not like they didn’t lose to the other favorite in the region on their home floor. No one said Wolfe was going to go undefeated. Knott beat Wolfe if they play again it could go the other way. Congrats to Knott as of now they’re #1 in the region and Wolfe falls to #2. I don’t think we should read too much into it.
 I agree with this, Wolfe County didn't shoot well at all, and then didn't adjust and shift to an inside game with Ritchie on the block and Johnson on an elbow or middle flash, but I am sure coach creech will fix that, but Knott Co is also really good and deserved to win the game, McGuire is a hoss and Napier turned around a subpar 1st game against Hazard, into a stellar game agsint Wolfe; I think KCC, Wolfe and Breathitt are a cut above the rest of the region but several other teams could win on any given night.
Breathitt a cut above the rest? Really?
(01-08-2021, 03:28 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Breathitt a cut above the rest? Really?
Yeah I think so, Breathitt returns one of the better players in the region (and a really good athlete with size)  Jaylen Turner  plus couple of starters in Hoskins (who is a big strong presence  6'5) and the point guard Bellamy, who really improved last year as a freshmen and heard he has grown too.  Plus they have Christy back (6'6')  and Andrew Combs , plus one of the better freshmen around in 6'3 Austin Sperry. Coach Noble knows what he is doing as well, so to me that makes Breathitt a cut above everyone else along with Wolfe and Knott.  I think Leslie and Hazard are just behind the top 3  and capable of beating any of them on a given night.
You got to beat some teams other than JBS and Cordia to prove your better. Breathitt hasnt beaten anyone any good.

Breathitt had a cakewalk to the finals just like Owsleys girls.