Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Evangelical's Support of Trump: Heresy , Hypocrisy, or Ho-Hum ???
348,000 Americans dead from the Trump Flu
And what is the Dear Leader up to
Playing another round of golf on taxpayer's dime
Do you Trumptards remember this ?

(12-27-2020, 04:46 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 03:51 PM)WideRight05 Wrote: One source was regressive, one was “nonpartisan,” and a “news organization.” The fact that you think NBC anywhere resembles a news organization has to be a joke. The truth is, Cardsfan, you don’t know a thing and me challenging you to provide that information sent you scrambling over to google.

That link says that the repeal of the mandate that fined people for not having insurance will supposedly result in more uninsured people. I asked you to show me where the law increased coverage for 20 million people and you STILL don’t have a thing to show.

At this point, it’s tough to take you seriously. Either you’re a conservative on here just trying to get a laugh or you’re just trolling. Big Grin

This is from Wikipedia, BUT it is sourced the actual documents.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affordab...e,_2008–10

“The Congressional Budget Office reported in March 2016 that approximately 12 million people were covered by the exchanges (10 million of whom received subsidies) and 11 million added to Medicaid. Another million were covered by ACA's "Basic Health Program", for a total of 24 million.[5]CBO estimated that ACA would reduce the net number of uninsured by 22 million in 2016, using a slightly different computation for the above figures totaling ACA coverage of 26 million, less 4 million for reductions in "employment-based coverage" and "non-group and other coverage".[5]

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) estimated that 20.0 million adults (aged 18–64) gained healthcare coverage via ACA as of February 2016;[6]similarly, the Urban Institute found in 2016 that 19.2 million non-elderly Americans gained health insurance coverage from 2010 to 2015.[190] In 2016, CBO estimated the uninsured at approximately 27 million people, or around 10% of the population or 7–8% excluding unauthorized immigrants.[5]

In reviewing, the info from Wikipedia I forgot how many states refused to expand Medicaid.  The entire Bible Belt kept millions from receiving healthcare. 

It’s amazing. Every time I respond to you, WR, I find more info proving the OP.  Thank you.  Cool

I am doing a good job proving your OP in your resentment of Christianity. It’s easy to see based on reading your posts that both of your accounts are hateful toward Christians. You’ve come across as a judgmental hypocrite and it’s no wonder nobody on this site takes you seriously.

Especially using Wikipedia as a legitimate source. Ha!
And I’m out. You all are just not worth my time. Especially because I sincerely doubt you truly believe what you are posting.  Big Grin
(12-27-2020, 06:31 PM)WideRight05 Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 03:51 PM)WideRight05 Wrote: One source was regressive, one was “nonpartisan,” and a “news organization.” The fact that you think NBC anywhere resembles a news organization has to be a joke. The truth is, Cardsfan, you don’t know a thing and me challenging you to provide that information sent you scrambling over to google.

That link says that the repeal of the mandate that fined people for not having insurance will supposedly result in more uninsured people. I asked you to show me where the law increased coverage for 20 million people and you STILL don’t have a thing to show.

At this point, it’s tough to take you seriously. Either you’re a conservative on here just trying to get a laugh or you’re just trolling. Big Grin

“The Congressional Budget Office reported in March 2016 that approximately 12 million people were covered by the exchanges (10 million of whom received subsidies) and 11 million added to Medicaid. Another million were covered by ACA's "Basic Health Program", for a total of 24 million.[5]CBO estimated that ACA would reduce the net number of uninsured by 22 million in 2016, using a slightly different computation for the above figures totaling ACA coverage of 26 million, less 4 million for reductions in "employment-based coverage" and "non-group and other coverage".[5]

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) estimated that 20.0 million adults (aged 18–64) gained healthcare coverage via ACA as of February 2016;[6]similarly, the Urban Institute found in 2016 that 19.2 million non-elderly Americans gained health insurance coverage from 2010 to 2015.[190] In 2016, CBO estimated the uninsured at approximately 27 million people, or around 10% of the population or 7–8% excluding unauthorized immigrants.[5]

In reviewing, the info from Wikipedia I forgot how many states refused to expand Medicaid.  The entire Bible Belt kept millions from receiving healthcare. 

It’s amazing. Every time I respond to you, WR, I find more info proving the OP.  Thank you.  Cool

I am doing a good job proving your OP in your resentment of Christianity. It’s easy to see based on reading your posts that both of your accounts are hateful toward Christians. You’ve come across as a judgmental hypocrite and it’s no wonder nobody on this site takes you seriously.

1.  Click on the source material in the Wikipedia article.  You’re being willfully ignorant.  

2.  There are over 80 million people who voted for Joe Biden.  Are you dim enough to believe only 1 is on this message board ?  

3. Nope, my issue is with Trump Republicans who call themselves Christians.  

So... let’s get on topic.

The original post discusses how Trumpism is in conflict with Biblical teachings and the Poster provided the beatitudes as an example. Your contribution has been to argue a basic, accepted fact of the limited success of Obamacare.

Yet, you haven’t disproven the slide into hypocrisy the right has made.  In fact with every post you demonstrate the apathy people with your political leanings have toward those you deem unimportant and not worth your tax dollars. 

WWJD?
Yeah, they have a hard time with that one, Cardfan. Because if you believe there existed a man named Jesus (and I do, too much recorded historical documentation to think otherwise. Anyone can think what they want about the immaculate conception or the resurrection on a personal level) and you profess to believe in him, then you have to acknowledge that his most basic of teachings were love and forgiveness, and he always, always aligned with the outcasts, the physically impaired and the like. Don’t these guys understand that Jesus would be the first to stand with blacks and other minorities who were being oppressed? With the gay population that was being oppressed? Yet they profess to be standing on some moral high ground. But even with the holier-than-thou attitude, they support Trump. TRT has posted on many occasions Trump isn’t his pastor, he is his president. As if that makes his hypocrisy ok. I mean, it just makes your head spin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • Cardfan1
(12-27-2020, 06:31 PM)WideRight05 Wrote:

Okay,  I  see where you are coming from now.  You apparently think Cardsfan1 and I are one and the same person. Think whatever you want because , as a Trumpite, you are going to anyway. I will say that I am flattered that you think I am Card and Card is me. You really find it that hard to believe that more than one person on this board hold unfavorable views of the hyper-hypocritical religious right? Again, you are free to think as you will. I do appreciate the compliment, regardless of how unintended it may have been.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1