Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Boyle County 31 Franklin County 28 (OT) (4A Championship)
Final. 

Hats off to both teams.
Congrats to Boyle Co and Coach Haddix
Another classic state championship game. Congrats to both teams for a great effort and season. Boyle came up big late and showed that champions mentality. Franklin proved that last week was no fluke and they were to be reckoned with. Love it !!!
LET"S GO!!! Congrats Boyle, you beat a great Franklin Co. team tonight. That Broyles is no joke. Go Rebels
Congratulations to both teams, one great game played
[-] The following 1 user Likes maximus73's post:
  • Hatz
Great Game by both teams. No need to hang their heads in this one.

Big Plays by both teams. One more by the Rebels.

Flyers are one of the most athletic and talented teams Boyle has played in these last few years.

Way to go Rebels!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hatz's post:
  • 64SUR
Congratulations Boyle County and my friend Coach Justin Haddix!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • E's Army
Great game congratulations to coach Haddix and the Boyle County Rebels.
Congratulations to Boyle! Looked like to me they wanted it more. Congratulations to Coach Haddix!
Congrats Boyle! Fosho we miss you come back bro!
(12-19-2020, 12:28 AM)Ballbuster Wrote: Congrats Boyle! Fosho we miss you come back bro!
He needs Trump to give him a presidential pardon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Hatz
I don’t think one wanted it more. I think the Flyers few mistakes came at critical times at the end where it hurt most.
Great game!

Franklin Co has tons of talent and maybe more heart. They lead most of the game and left everything on the field.

Boyle won most of the statistical categories and left at least 6 points on the field. They wore down Franklin County and came up big at the end when it counted.
[-] The following 1 user Likes know1's post:
  • Glory_Days
(12-19-2020, 12:28 AM)Ballbuster Wrote: Congrats Boyle! Fosho we miss you come back bro!
No...we don't.
[-] The following 4 users Like RoShamBo's post:
  • Diogenes, Glory_Days, Granny Bear, Hoot Gibson
Congratulations Boyle County. Heck of a football game! Glad I got to watch it.
Congratulations Boyle County. Be proud Franklin County... 2 really great teams
Will McDaniel was a beast to be reckon with tonight! Congrats to Boyle and Franklin for an amazing season.
Dang it.... almost but.... Well.... almost doesn't count. I wouldn't say the Flyers wanted it any less, they fought Boyle tooth and nail. Rebels win congrats on that, but you know it wasn't easy.

Get used to more conversations including the Flyers. Congrats to Boyle on being one of the states elite programs.
[-] The following 2 users Like FCSPY's post:
  • 64SUR, Hatz
Just got back home. More on the game tomorrow. One thing for sure Gillis and McDaniel have got to be sore tomorrow morning. Some very hard hits on both sides of the ball tonight. 9-Time State Champion Boyle County Rebels! #Rebel4Life
[-] The following 3 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • 64SUR, Granny Bear, Hatz
Congrats to Boyle County and Coach Haddix. He’s been knocking at the door for a couple of years, and now has placed himself among the few.
(12-18-2020, 11:42 PM)Hatz Wrote: Final. 

Hats off to both teams.

Classic remark from Hatz!!! LOL

Congratulations Rebels on your state title victory!
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Hatz, Jack Lambert
I man what a game. Congrats to both teams on a well played game and to Boyle county in the state title win.

I have a question for the Franklin county folks. What do the big stickers on the Franklin county helmets mean. I saw that one was a red “A” two were black and they were a “J” and a “C”, which made me think they were referencing Johnson Central, and one was gold. Just curious.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Single Wing 77's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(12-19-2020, 11:36 AM)Single Wing 77 Wrote: I man what a game. Congrats to both teams on a well played game and to Boyle county in the state title win.

I have a question for the Franklin county folks. What do the big stickers on the Franklin county helmets mean. I saw that one was a red “A” two were black and they were a “J” and a “C”, which made me think they were referencing Johnson Central,  and one was gold. Just curious.
I too was wondering what the Black and Red letters represented.
What a game. Kept me on the edge of my seat for the better part of 3 hours. The best I can remember there was only one turnover and that was the interception by Boyle County.  Before the game, I said that if Franklin County's quarterback threw the ball as much as he had all year, that he would get intercepted in this game. Great high school football game. Go Rebels   Smile
Great game. Both teams gave it all. Shame someone has to lose in a game like this. Congrats to Coach Haddix and all the Boyle players and the Boyle Nation that follows them. One comment on the game is how 7 officials can not see the football hit the ground in such a critical situation as a state championship game , when everyone in the stands saw it. This could have changed the outcome of the game when everyone knew it was the wrong call. The final play should have been 4th down and 15 rather than 4th and 4. Thank goodness for Luke Sheperson, a tremendous athlete making a great play.
[-] The following 3 users Like back country's post:
  • Hatz, Jack Lambert, Rebel55
(12-19-2020, 01:26 PM)back country Wrote: Great game. Both teams gave it all. Shame someone has to lose in a game like this. Congrats to Coach Haddix and all the Boyle players and the Boyle Nation that follows them. One comment on the game is how 7 officials can not see the football hit the ground in such a critical situation as a state championship game , when everyone in the stands saw it. This could have changed the outcome of the game when everyone knew it was the wrong call. The final play should have been 4th down and 15 rather than 4th and 4. Thank goodness for Luke  Sheperson, a tremendous athlete making a great play.

It almost determined the outcome of this game.  In a way, it still may have.  Had it been 4th and 15 maybe Franklin tries a fieldgoal and sends it to double overtime.  Anyway you look at it it was a bad call.
(12-19-2020, 11:36 AM)Single Wing 77 Wrote: I man what a game. Congrats to both teams on a well played game and to Boyle county in the state title win.

I have a question for the Franklin county folks. What do the big stickers on the Franklin county helmets mean. I saw that one was a red “A” two were black and they were a “J” and a “C”, which made me think they were referencing Johnson Central,  and one was gold. Just curious.
Shelby county, Allen county scottsville, central, Johnson central. All the teams they beat on they beat on the way to state.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blue dawg's post:
  • BEChargers
Gutsy call to go for the win by Franklin, but after the Beechwood/LCA OT, I suppose it was worth the risk. Congrats to Boyle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Real Badman's post:
  • Woodrow F. Call
Congrats to Boyle county on number 9, Franklin county was legit great game between two damn good teams!
[-] The following 3 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • back country, BEChargers, Woodrow F. Call
It was tough watching the Franklin kids after the game. Told a couple of people a day or two before the game that Franklin kinda seemed destined this year. Just had that feeling. I wondered if the game at Johnson Central might have taken a toll on FC having to play 3 BIG games back to back to back and I didn't see any evidence of that at all. Man what a game !
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Hatz