Stadium
Crowd
Coach
Fight Song
Rivalry
Upset

..to get it started, here's mine
Team: the 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers were the greatest team I ever saw
Player: Bo Jackson (with Barry Sanders a very close second)
Season: 1992, Bama sat at #3 all year, while Miami and Washington hogged the headlines, Washington fell late in the year, creating a Miami/Bama national championship game, and the Tide rolled 34-13 in a huge upset.
Game: Arkansas 58 Ol Miss 56 (7 overtimes), 2001
Bowl game: Texas 41 USC 38, 2005 BCS national championship game (1980 Holiday Bowl, BYU 46 SMU 45 close second)
Uniforms: Penn State's current, love the old 60's Florida jerseys too
Stadium: Penn State, Alabama
Crowd: LSU (dont have to be an LSU fan to love that atmosphere in Tiger Stadium)
Coach: Bear Bryant
Fight Song: Notre Dame
Rivalry: Alabama/Auburn ..The Iron Bowl
Upset: Appalachian State 34 Michigan 32
TidesHoss32 Wrote:In your opinion, what are College footballs greatest:
Team
Player
Season
Game
Bowl Game
Uniforms
Stadium
Crowd
Coach
Fight Song
Rivalry
Upset

Season: 1992, Bama sat at #3 all year, while Miami and Washington hogged the headlines, Washington fell late in the year, creating a Miami/Bama national championship game, and the Tide rolled 34-13 in a huge upset.
Bowl game: Texas 41 USC 38, 2005 BCS national championship game (1980 Holiday Bowl, BYU 46 SMU 45 close second)
Crowd: LSU (dont have to be an LSU fan to love that atmosphere in Tiger Stadium)

Give me a day or so to think but I can already say the the biggest upset is Michigan and App. State.
Team- 2005 USC
Player-Charlie Ward
Season- 1999 - Noles dominate VT in Sugar bowl National championship
Game- 2002 LSU/Kentucky
Bowl Game-Texas over USC in National Championship or Boise State over Oklahoma
Uniforms-Oregon!! and/or TCU
Stadium-Doak Campbell
Crowd-LSU
Coach-Bobby Bowden
Fight Song-FSU or Tennessee
Rivalry-FSU/Miami
Upset-Prior to this weekend -Centre College 6, Harvard 0 (Oct. 29, 1921) -- Centre, representing a student body of 254, ended Harvard's 25-game unbeaten streak in front of 43,000 fans in Cambridge, Mass. or

Temple 28, Virginia Tech 24 (Oct. 17, 1998) -- 5-0 Virginia Tech jumps out to a 17-0 lead on 0-5 Temple in a game the Hokies are favored by 35 1/2 points. The Owls roar back to win on the road against a defense that had allowed just 30 points total in its previous five games.
That list looks very good to me TH!

Team
Player
Season
Game
Bowl Game
Uniforms
Stadium
Crowd
Coach
Fight Song
Rivalry
Upset

those two upsets are some great ones..Temple was awful that year (like they are every year) but every other year, they gave Tech FITS, lol..that same Tech team beat my Tide by 31 points in the Music City Bowl..
Panther Thunder Wrote:Team- 2005 USC
Player-Charlie Ward
Season- 1999 - Noles dominate VT in Sugar bowl National championship
Game- 2002 LSU/Kentucky
Bowl Game-Texas over USC in National Championship or Boise State over Oklahoma
Uniforms-Oregon!! and/or TCU
Stadium-Doak Campbell
Crowd-LSU
Coach-Bobby Bowden
Fight Song-FSU or Tennessee
Rivalry-FSU/Miami
Upset-Prior to this weekend -Centre College 6, Harvard 0 (Oct. 29, 1921) -- Centre, representing a student body of 254, ended Harvard's 25-game unbeaten streak in front of 43,000 fans in Cambridge, Mass. or

Temple 28, Virginia Tech 24 (Oct. 17, 1998) -- 5-0 Virginia Tech jumps out to a 17-0 lead on 0-5 Temple in a game the Hokies are favored by 35 1/2 points. The Owls roar back to win on the road against a defense that had allowed just 30 points total in its previous five games.
Team - 2001 Miami Hurricanes (Ken Dorsey, Clinton Portis, Frank Gore, Andre Johnson, Najeh Davenport, Phillip Bucahnon, Jonathan Vilma, Ed Reed, Jeremy Shockey,and Bryant McKinnie) all starters.
Player - Eric Crouch
Season - 2005, Texas vs. USC in National championship
Game - Kentucky vs. LSU, the Hailmary
Bowl Game - Texas vs. USC, National Championship. 2005
Uniforms - Oregon
Stadium - Penn state
Crowd - Oregon
Coach - Joe Paterno
Fight Song - Tennessee
Rivalry - Ohio State cs. Michigan
Upset - Appalachian State vs. Michigan
I'm a bit younger than your average college football junkie, so here's my list based on what I've seen in my relatively short tenure as a college football fan:

Team - 2005 USC Trojans (Leinart, Bush, White, Jarrett, Smith, and one of the best defenses of the decade)
Player - Reggie Bush (the most explosive college football player I have ever seen...period)
Season - 2006 Boise State
Game - 1982 Stanford-Cal Big Game (the most famous finish in sports)
Bowl Game - 2006 Fiesta Bowl, Boise State vs. Oklahoma
Uniforms - Oregon and Miami usually have interesting threads, but I'm gonna go with the classic Penn State look
Stadium - Neyland Stadium
Crowd - Ohio State
Coach - Joe Paterno (how could you not get fired up playing for ol' Joe Pa?)
Fight Song - "Rocky Top"
Rivalry - Florida State vs. Miami
Upset - Appalachian State vs. Michigan (would've been Boise State over Oklahoma before Saturday...)
Team
Player
Season
Game
Bowl Game
Uniforms
Stadium
Crowd
Coach
Fight Song
Rivalry
Upset

Team-'95 Nebraska
Player-Hershel Walker
Season-2006. A year of awesome games. LSU/Auburn (Hardest hitting game Ive ever seen!). Auburn/Florida, Boise State/Oklahoma, OSU/Michigan, Florida and LSU showing Notre Dame and the big 10 just how overated they truly are. UK wins the Music City Bowl(GO CATS!!!!)
Game-1982 Cal/Stanford(THE BAND IS OUT ON THE FIELD!!!!!!)
Bowl Game-2005 Rose Bowl Texas/USC, 2002 Fiesta bowl OSU/Miami.
Uniforms-Florida State
Stadium-The Swamp(Florida), Virginia Tech
Crowd-Kentucky (say what you want but theyre loud, rowdy, and they travel good.)
Coach-THE BEAR, Joe Paterno
Rivalry-Bama/Auburn, Texas/Oklahoma
Fight Song-"The eyes of Texas are upon you"
Upset-Appy State over Michigan
HP, Im glad to finally see somebody give a rather forgotten game some credit. That LSU/Auburn game last year was one of my alltime favorite games. It was 7-3 (which are the games I LOVE), but it was one of the most intense games Ive ever seen..UK does have a great crowd, one of the best in the SEC. South Carolina has a rowdy bunch too..and I too love Joe Pa. I hope that guy coaches till he's 100..
Just wondering what people thought: What school has the worst fans in the SEC for football (I am figure most people will say Vandy hands down).
Team-1995 Nebraska..THEY CLICKED..AND CLICKED..AND CLICKED!
Player-Offense-Randy Moss DOMINATED COLLEGE FOOTBALL and Defense-People will say I am crazy on this one, but Andy Katzenmoyer LB for OSU in the late 1990's was a game changer.
Season-Hard to top last season IMO. That is the thing with College Football..Keeps getting better and better every year!
Game-OU-Boise last year as well or the 1997 Motor City Bowl between Ole Miss/Marshall..AWESOME, AWESOME GAME!!
Bowl Game-Without a doubt..OU-Boise Last Year
Uniforms-My Penn State or Syracuse's this year with the dark blue and orange!!
Stadium-Neyland Stadium (UT)
Crowd-Tennessee or Ohio State's
Coach-Joe Pa
Fight Song-Rocky Top
Rivalry-Tenn-Bama
Upset-Have to say Appy State over Mich!